Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

I'm in the same boat.  Doesn't work all of a sudden after a year of Charge 4. 

Best Answer

I have just spent 2 hours with same issue. I then went onto the fitbit chat helpline. The lady on the chat told me that my phone (moto G6) wasnt tested with fitbit so I should connect to a different phone! Not everyone has multiple phones! I then told her there were lots of people with same issue reporting here and she didnt answer and cut me off. As it was working fine yesterday and I see lots of others have posted here saying they have an issue today I suspect that the problem is more widespread than my wrong type of phone

Best Answer

She tried suggesting it was my phone, but it links fine to other devices, it's driving me mad. I got an email from customer services as chat cut me off so I have replied informing them of this widespread issue and I asked how I make a complaint! See if I get a reply..No idea what to do apart from wait or return the fitbit which I don't want yo do 🙄

Best Answer

Exactly the same problem.  I fix computers and program microcontrollers.  This is an issue that should never have been left on the customers.  I will never trust Fitbit again.

---------------------------

They must otherwise many of us have paid for a very expensive brick.

Mine is one month old.  I could never afford another one.  I'm heartbroken. 

I have the same firmware as you and the same problems. 

Highly unlikely it is your bluetooth.  Check your bluetooth settings and unpaid it from any other device.    Bluetooth is fussy but the problem is certainly theirs.

Yes, they copied over many of the problems from the charge 3.  They must have thought they could get away with this disaster.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 4 keeps losing its pairing with my iPhone 12 so it won’t sync. When I go to Bluetooth and forget the device and then add it back, it reconnects. But I have to do this daily... sometimes a number of times during the day. Not happy. Why does this keep happening?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Restart and shutdown did not fix my problem this time. In the past it has, but this time it did not...nothing works as far as I can tell and I spent hours on this issue trying different things to get it to work.

Best Answer
Agreed!
Best Answer

What was the email address of Customer Service - maybe we can all email them?

Best Answer

Send my info and everyone else to customer service too! This is a major issue.

Its not just you. They have not replied to my posts either.

Best Answer

Have voted for all the replies and comments - hope that helps??  Is that how it works, do they look for number of votes before thinking it is something serious?

Best Answer

Hi, @Jpdz, welcome to the community, I do not use an apple phone but I can point you to some resources that may offer you a way forward. How do Fitbit devices sync their data? and Why won't my Fitbit device sync? provide a good overview and advice.

More generally you should review your phone settings to make sure they are conducive to pain-free syncing.

• Success depends on your Charge 4 connecting to your phone via Bluetooth, your phone connecting to the internet via wifi or G4 or your router being on and connected to the internet.
  • Check the Fitbit app in your phone ensuring all permissions are allowed.
  • Check battery-saving functions in your phone allow the Fitbit app to run in the background uninterrupted, I can only make the general point here not being familiar with your phone. Some phones switch off the Fitbit app when not in use to save battery.
  • Have a look at your router, is it's access to the internet stable and uninterrupted.
  • Are there any other Bluetooth enabled devices nearby? Headphones, Smart speakers, laptops. Try switching off their Bluetooth to see if the problem repeats.
  • In particular, if you have tried to pair your Charge 4 with another Tablet or Laptop you must ensure the Bluetooth is off when trying to connect to your phone. You can have two Fitbit devices linked to one phone/tablet app (subject to them being compatible - you should research this) but can't have one device paired to two apps.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Hskocean welcome. You do not mention the make and model of your mobile phone, this article explains the issues Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?  These articles How do Fitbit devices sync their data? and Why won't my Fitbit device sync? provide a good overview and advice.

More generally you should review your phone settings to make sure they are conducive to pain-free syncing.

• Success depends on your Charge 4 connecting to your phone via Bluetooth, your phone connecting to the internet via wifi or G4 or your router being on and connected to the internet.
  • Check the Fitbit app in your phone ensuring all permissions are allowed.
  • Check battery-saving functions in your phone allow the Fitbit app to run in the background uninterrupted, I can only make the general point here as I do not know what phone you are using. Some phones switch off the Fitbit app when not in use to save battery.
  • Have a look at your router, is it's access to the internet stable and uninterrupted.
  • Are there any other Bluetooth enabled devices nearby? Headphones, Smart speakers, laptops. Try switching off their Bluetooth to see if the problem repeats.
  • In particular, if you have tried to pair your Charge 4 with another Tablet or Laptop you must ensure the Bluetooth is off when trying to connect to your phone. You can have two Fitbit devices linked to one phone/tablet app (subject to them being compatible - you should research this) but can't have one device paired to two apps.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

I wish I knew. But surly they cant ignore this many people with sync issues. 😅

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem! I woke up and checked my tracked sleep and it said syncing stopped at about 2am for me. Never had a problem with it before. Do you have an Android as well?

I've restarted my fitbit twice. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It's fully charged. Turned on and off bluetooth numerous times. Checked bluetooth on a pair of headphones and it connected. However, bluetooth can find my device (Charge 4), but it can't connect to it. I've tried both in my setting and in the app and neither way will connect. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  I also have an Android phone.  

Best Answer

Happened to me too! Looked on my app and it said syncing stopped around 2am for me (roughly 8 hours ago). Looking at the comments it does definitely appear to be an app/update malfunction. Hopefully it's fixed soon. I've only had mine for 2 weeks and I love it, was extremely distraught to see it suddenly give out.

Best Answer

It's definatly the app/update lots having the same issue. I've tried everything, nothing works. I've emailed customer services but no reply as yet, hope the problem fixed soon 😔

Best Answer

From looking at the comments it 100% looks like the update that went through last night caused this issue as that's when everyone's cut off. So, sadly we just gotta wait through it until the patch the update.

Best Answer

Checked another page and it seems like a bunch of people are. Looks like the update that came out last night caused an issue with Charge 4's and now pretty much everyone can't connect. Sadly just got to wait it out until the issue is patched.

Best Answer