Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

Same thing happened to me. I did figure out the fitbit will sync IF it is seated in the usb charger AND plugged in AND you reset the fitbit using a paper clip into the reset hole in the charger. It's not ideal, but at least it works. I'm annoyed too. 

Best Answer

Over on the One forum they have marked this issue as 'Solved' with the solution of removing the bit from your account and adding it back.

So now instead of not synching, my app can no longer find the One to even talk with it.

Why won't Fitbit just admit the app update is bad and roll it back in the stores?

Best Answer

My solution to synch problem... just bought a Mi Fit--half the price; 20 day battery.

Best Answer

You are not alone. So frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi @RollinAround 

Marking a thread is solved doesn't always mean it is solved. Sometimes a person will mark their own post as the solution, even when it is the original question, not an answer. Sorry you're having this problem.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems that the problems with syncing and results of various solutions
all vary with which FitBit type being used, what type phone is being used,
and what PC operating system is being usedto attempt work-arounds . NONE
of the solutions work with my Charge 2 and LG K30 phone. I cannot even
accomplish any upgrades to FITBIT App, FitBit Connect App., or PC software,
much less get my Charge 2 to sync.
Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

If you're still having syncing difficulties, please follow the troubleshooting steps provided at: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

While reading your post I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

To make sure your Fitbit device syncs and receives notifications from your Android phone, open the Settings app on your phone and confirm or adjust the following settings:

• Turn off background restrictions or limitations:
    1. Go to Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app
    2. Tap Background restrictions or Background limits to turn off the setting.
  • Turn off battery limitations:
    1. Go to Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization.
    2. Change the view to All apps.
    3. Search for the Fitbit app and choose Not optimized.
  • Turn on location services and allow the Fitbit app to access your location. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
My Charge 3 was working just fine and was syncing just fine until after the latest update. It's not my phone, nor my device that is the problem.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I've checked all of that!

Background Limits are turned off for the fitbit app, battery optimization is not turned on for the app and I'm using a Pixel 2XL which is listed in the compatible phone list. The problem started when the app update came out, prior to that my phone/versa synced just fine for more than a year.

The ONLY change was the fitbit app. Right now the only way to fix the syncing issue is to either Force Stop of the fitbit app and start it up again or a do a full reboot of the phone which accomplishes the same thing.

Please stop blaming the users for not having something setup right if everything was working prior to the app update! People like me who normally just search the forums looking for solutions have probably tried every official and unofficial way to fix the issue on their own. 

Best Answer

"While reading your post I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? "  Don't lie "MarreFitbit" - you haven't read our posts or you would realize our devices were working just fine for months if not longer.  The problem isn't with our devices.  Try actually reading the posts and doing something other than CTRL-C CTRL-V in response.

Best Answer
It was never a problem until the last update. I DID try the
troubleshooting steps. My phone is an LGV30. I do not see it on the list
but do see older models. I need to downgrade my phone to get it to work?
That's crazy. The phone has been out almost 2 years. Why did it stop
working AFTER the recent update???
Best Answer
My LG K30 does not even have a Background Restrictions or Limits option
listed. Further, the syncing stopped working to my Charge 2 a few weeks ago
and I had not even attempted to do a Fit bit App Update ! Whatever got
screwed up in Fit bit Server cyberspace (by a new App Update) must have
permeated through the whole server & all App versions. Maybe you have a
Virus problem ??
Best Answer

I think the answer is "walk away" I'm taking my business elsewhere

Best Answer

You are not listening (reading) our posts.  The issue is, we were able to regularly sync our Fitbits prior to the installation of the most recent update of the Fitbit app (Version 3.3.1).  Now the only way we can sync our Fitbit is to go through an unbelievable amount of gyrations only to have to go through them all over again within a few hours.  This is ridiculous!!!!  Either fix this quickly or get out of the Fitness Tracker business.

Best Answer

My Versa was syncing fine until a few days ago. I've had it for over a year. Suddenly, I have to constantly disable and re-enable the Bluetooth in order for it to sync consistently. Today, after multiple sync, restarting the phone, and restarting the Fitbit, the hourly movement tracker stopped after 5 hours today. The Fitbit itself is accurate, but the phone app updates are not. All other items I use are synced correctly.

Best Answer

So, after @MarreFitbit 's earlier comment that seemed to upset people, I have gone through their entire checklist:

• Fitbit One with Pixel 3XL
  • Last Sync, Aug 20 (just before upgrading to 3.3.1)

• Is it a supported Device? Yes, Pixel 3xl, and has been working fine since I got the phone in November of last year.

• Is Fitbit app the latest version? Yes, 3.3.1

• Cellular or Wifi On? Yes

• Background Data? unrestricted

• Battery Optimization? Off, although that has worked fine with this on for the last 9 months

• Bluetooth? On, and can see the One in the phone app when i choose "pair new device"

• Android Version up to date? Yes, V9, security patch level Aug 1, 2019

• Location Services? On and permission granted to FitBit app

• Multiple Bluetooth Devices? None

• Syncing issues? Pixel is not listed under phones with known issues

• Battery Status? Fully charged

• Firmware? Updated, 6.64

• All Day Sync? On

• Always Connected? Yes

Steps Taken:

• Turned off and on Bluetooth
  • Rebooted phone
  • Restarted One
  • Uninstalled FitBit app and reinstalled
  • Removed the One from account - v3.3.1 was unable to detect the One although the phone's bluetooth could see it fine
  • Hunted down the Wirelss Sync Dongle and installed Fitbit connect on my desktop - found One right away and added back to my account
  • Remove 3.3.1 from phone, install 3.2 from [censored]Mirror.com - App asked to link with One and sync started working again
  • Updated 3.2 to 3.3.1 through google play services and restarted phone - Sync is working at this point

i will post again later this weekend to report if it stays connected or not.

Best Answer

@RollinAround, on behalf of all those having problems, thank you for taking the time and trouble to report all that. 

I for one will await your update with antici (wait for it) pation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problems since the recent update.  I tried a bunch of things, but it seemed very sporadic.  Here is what I finally did to get my Fitbit Versa Lite to work again. (Thought I almost had a bricked watch for a moment there.  Btw, it appears to have preserved my data history.)

1. On Fitbit web, delete the Fitbit watch from my profile. 

2. From Fitbit watch, Factory reset the watch. 

3. On android phone, in App->storage, clear cache and data. Uninstall the Fitbit application.

4. On android phone, reinstall application.  Be sure to select both Location permissions if needed during initial set up. 

5. Restart Fitbit watch. I restarted watch (long press button) about 4 times before the "set up new watch" message appeared. 

6. Pair it when it recognizes the watch.  (see #5, if necessary)

7. Update the firmware (took almost an hour... wow.) 

8. Finish the connection process. Check if it is working (#9) 

9. New app has a notification item that stays resident and lets you trigger a sync from there.  Also a good way to prove it is syncing between them now.  Useful. 

Hope it fixes it for you too.  Good luck. 

Best Answer

Fitbit charge 2 will not sync with app since update. Really frustrating since it worked perfectly before!

Any advice?

Best Answer

I have 2 fitbits the Inspire HR and the Charge 2,  Since the update at the weekend the Inspire HR is syncing each time I ask it to but the Charge 2 has not synced since 22nd August.  On my bluetooth paired devices the Charge 2 is listed and the Inspire HR is not.  My bluetooth is permanently on. I am thinking of unpairing the fitbit from blue tooth and starting again or re=installing each fitbit 

Best Answer