Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

No, I found the old app and rolled it back. My charge 2 works again.

Best Answer

For some reason I can't post the fix. It keeps getting rejected. Imagine that.

Best Answer
Reactivate it as if you were setting up the watch the first time. So re-add Fitbit back in app like if it were new. Since it's factory reset it thinks it is a new first time setup.

To factory reset the watch go into the settings on the watch scroll down to About. Select it and one of the options that comes up should be the factory reset option. It forces a reload of all the software up to current and fixed the problem.
Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem

Best Answer
I spent an hour on the phone with support to ight, and it seems the bottom
line is that they'll offer me a 25% discount on any replacement other than
the Versa 2 (currently have a Versa).
I've now had two Blazes, two Versas and three Microsoft Bands; all of which
have failed. I'm thinking I might end up making the switch to an Android
watch.
Best Answer

Maria, thanks for completely useless comment. This only upset me more. Now I'm looking for new device which I'll be using.

Best Answer
Hello guys,

I had the luck of buying a Fitbit Versa just a few days ago. I returned it
quickly after not being able to sync and now I'm waiting for a different
device. Despite the Fitbit disaster as a company, it is nice to see that
the forum works. My account will disappear soon.
Good luck to you all
Best Answer

What version is the previous app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit it alta hr is the same. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had syncing issues with my One for several days.  I just found out it has was discontinued a year ago.  While it seems that the Inspire + clip accessory is a replacement for the One, I am not pleased that support for the $100 product I purchased a couple of years ago has silently been discontinued.

We can only hope that this is really just a bug and syncing will start working for older devices with the next app upgrade.  Right Fitbit?

Best Answer

I was just poking around at all the settings that the "moderator" tried to indicate were required.  She seems to be good at pasting from the knowledge base into a window.

I noticed that the app said there was an update.  I had version 3.3.1 installed.  Google Play said the latest version was 3.4, updated two weeks ago.  My phone was plugged in earlier today and it never indicated there was a newer version.  Seem weird to have google play have version 3.4 updated two weeks ago, but my phone has version 3.3.1.  Anyway, call me stupid, but I installed 3.4.  It's still syncing after the last One power cycle.  I've done this dance before and by morning syncing has stopped.  We'll see.  What could possibly go wrong?

Best Answer

Hi @ThePenguin and everyone else. 

@ThePenguin,  we await your reply. 

In the meantime, my old phone had a load of stacked updates as I blocked everything to stop fitbit updating. So I updated some necessary stuff. I then found my memory almost full. In my inept attempts to free space my fitbit app got pushed over to the sd card as there was practically nothing on it.

Now, contrary to all previous advice my synching has improved. The device not found is not happening. The new format app does actually synch when I open it rather than saying it has but when you check the last sync time you see it hasn't. However I don't use the message/call notifications so I don't know what it's like for continuous connection.  Anyway just another footnote to the weird world of the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also!!! Since Aug 22 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, an update. 

My One stopped synching with my Pixel by 6:30 last night. So just reconnecting does not work as a permenant solution under 3.3.1.

Rebooted the one

Rebooted the phone

Still not synching.

I have now uninstalled 3.3.1, rebooted the phone, and installed 3.3 from a downloaded file. It connected instantly with the one and sync is working.

I will keep an eye on it for the day, but it seems to me it is just a problem in 3.3.1 that they are not willing to admit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RollinAround  I tried to send it to a friend (an actual friend, not random person from board) on private message and it popped up a red warning that I had used "a bad word" and advised me to clean up my language and try again.

Hah. Bad word, indeed.  People just want to have functional devices -- that's really a reasonable expectation, one would think.

Best Answer

Rolled back to fitbit app version 2.88 and my flex is auto-syncing just fine. Walked down the hall and back, and it synced those steps too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you roll it back? Fitbit support told me there was no way to do
this?!
Best Answer
0 Votes

They told me the same thing. But my IT friend found a safe [file which cannot be named in this community] for me & it works fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done some more digging for Apple people, the most recent version of Fitbit app for you are 3.4 (released 8/21), 3.3.1 (released 8/8) and 3.3 (released 8/6). The recent versions do not correspond with the android dates for versions, so I cannot guarantee which version would bring back your sync ability.

If you routinely backup your phone with your itunes, you can delete the app from your phone connect to your computer, stop the auto sync & update, then drag the old install from your iTunes folder into the phone folder to install the version on your computer.

If you do not have a backup on your computer, the other option is to locate a friend or other user that has the older ipa on their system. This can be dragged directly into your phone to install the old version.

I have not been able to locate a repository of older install files like are available to android users without resorting to cracked and jailbreaking forums, but hopefully another forum user may know  (or have available for others to download) a reliable source for older ipa install files.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on android & tried rolling back to 3.2 first, but it had the same updated interface and I was still unable to sync. I rolled back further until I got to the old interface & then everything worked fine.

Best Answer