Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

I have the fitbit Alta, after the update when I switched to the "new format" (I like the old one better, btw..) cannot get my Fitbit to sync.  It keeps saying " device not found" I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned my phone on and off, pressed the button 3x in under 8 seconds on the charger, all the troubleshooting advice has been done REPEATEDLY, still no device found and will not sync.  I don't have finances to "upgrade", I loved my Fitbit and it worked beautifully up until the update ruined it.  I miss it, it's not fair to try to force customers to upgrade by sabotaging our older fitbits 😢

Best Answer
Hold the button down on the side of your Fitbit until the screen turns off. It's just like how you do a hard boot on a PC. Unpair all devices from your phone and turn off bluetooth. Your Fitbit will restart. Turn your bluetooth back on and re-pair your Fitbit. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
My experience the same....see below.

Hello Fitbit-support, 
..AFTER NOT HELPING THEY SAID...
I don't think you've helped. I don't understand why you've pushed this issue off to another department. I don't understand why you could not have raised this directly with the other department. The new design does not work as well as the old design and I want to be able to go back to it. 

I am considering a new Fitbit for my family and with this issue, I am changing my mind. What is the point of an App that runs so slow that I don't want to use it.

Please tell me what you are actually going to do to fix this issue?

Thanks, 

Fitty

From: https://contact.fitbit.com <https://contact.fitbit.com>
Sent: 15 September 2019 12:39
To: 
Subject: Re: Blaze - Syncing - Android - #32244966 [ ref:_00D40N2lj._5000b1WlcGx:ref ]

Hi 
<AFTER NOT HELPING THEY SAID....>
We're glad to help you with the issue you've experienced with the new tiles on the Fitbit app and we apologize for what you've experienced.

We'd like to let you know that we recently have completed our testing of the new design to improve the features on the Fitbit app and are no longer offering the old design. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Still, you can send us your suggestion or opinion about the new dashboard directly through our Fitbit Community where our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback.

We look forward to your continuous trust and consideration towards our products. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Sincerely,

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends.

Moderator edit:  removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.  Device not found repeatedly!!!

Best Answer

That sounds like an interesting suggestion to try - do you have any instructions or a link to a post that tells you how to downgrade the version of the app?. I seem to be stuck on the beta program - and the support people told me I couldn't downgrade - go figure.

Best Answer
Stay motivated? I have been MOTIVATED to tell a friend NOT to get a FitBit, at least not NOW--not until they fix all these problems! I've also been MOTIVATED to stop using mine. Grrrrr.Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
AGREED!!!!Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I've downgraded multiple times to different versions with no luck.  I get the same "no device found". 

Also I've had the new dashboard for a long time.  Maybe because I was a fitbit tester and I believe the new dashboard was part of the test I participated in.  I do not believe this issue is a result of the new dashboard.  Something else is screwed up. And quite frankly it's annoying. 

Funny how fitbit now has a banner on the top of the page for iOS issues with 3.6.  What about the Android issues? 

Best Answer
Keep us posted. I tried to discourage a friend from buying a new one because of these issues. I was so happy with mine, she ordered one. I told her my wearable is fine. But the upgrade on the app has way too many flaws at the moment!Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

@Codfather  and anyone else wanting to see if an older version helps -- reverting to 2.87 worked for me. To do that, do an internet search for fitbit android app 2.87 and look for either up to down (all one word) or a pk mirror (all one word), both trustworthy sites.  Download the version you want, delete the current version from your phone, and manually install the old version.

2.87 has the old interface. I've read here about a lot of people having luck with 2.95 also, which I think has the newer interface.

As others have observed, this hasn't worked for everyone, but it does seem to work for a lot of us, so it may be worth a try. If it doesn't, there's no harm done, just delete the old version and reinstall the current one again.

Best Answer
I have a Fitbit Alta, it does not have any buttons. The charger has a
button, and I've repeated the reboot that way Several times. It worked
twice, and now rebooting that way does nothing. ☹️ Is there a different
button I don't know about?
Best Answer

@LarisasLighthou  some devices have buttons on them and the Alta series had buttons on the charger itself. I have Android 9 and often the "device not found" will pop up, but after a minute or so, it syncs. Have you been able to sync at all since first posting?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
I used the charger button, held it down 3x in under 8 seconds, and it
reboots. This helped the Alta sync several times since August, when I
updated to the new format. Now when I reboot that way, it's still giving me
the red exclamation point, saying device not found. I've turned off my
phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned Bluetooth off and on...
My Alta shows me on the actual watch how many steps/ calories burned/active
minutes each day, but it won't sync to my phone anymore.
Best Answer

@LarisasLighthou  is your phone on the list of compatible devices? click to see

Best Answer
Ok... My phone is not on the list, but it is Android 7.0 it used to sync
just fine, but after the update it is hit or miss, sometimes for over a
week before it will randomly sync and then I have to reboot and go through
all the steps again. I checked this morning, it randomly finally synched
up info from last week, and now is saying the device is not found again.
It's just a long Frustrating process, and not dependable when I need the
info in my phone. It never had a problem before the update.
Best Answer

@LarisasLighthou  you ever use a computer? I can sync to my old Windows computer, but use the phone for challenges and such.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone has never been on the list (Huawei P10 Plus) but worked great up until anything past v2.95 of the app. Not sure what changes were made but they definately broke something. You'd think with all the issues people are having Fitbit would make the effort to fix it. Guess only iOS users are important. 

Best Answer

Wow. I came on here looking to see if anyone else was having issues syncing after the last update. Over 2 pages of people complaining about it?! Safe to say I'm not alone.

I have a FitBit Blaze. Since the last Android App update, I'll look at the widget that usually shows the same steps as the Blaze. Now, it gets stuck and I have to manually open the app and swipe down to trigger a sync. Sometimes it'll just say "Looking for device" and gives up. Other times it'll sync right away.

So, the FitBit is connecting. It's not that I have to delete it and reconnect it. There's something wrong with the new app.

I'm in the market for an updated fitness/smart watch. If this crap keeps up with 20+ pages of people asking for help, then FitBit won't get my money (as if they care).

Best Answer

Mine stops syncing to Android every few hours since the update. The problem seems to occur much more frequently when I connect any other Bluetooth devices (I don't believe in the Voodoo of constantly un-pairing devices). Once the sync stops working a reboot of the phone fixes it for a while. So if I go running and want it to work - reboot phone, don't connect any Bluetooth headphones, all good (if very inaccurate at the moment).

Best Answer
I wouldn't buy another! They replaced mine but dont like it!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer