Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

Hi everyone! Nice to see you all around. Thank you for your comments and post. 

Please be aware that this thread was started in August. Since then we have updated the app and some devices. 

Please verify if you have the latest version of the Fitbit app, and that your mobile device is listed on the Compatible devices list.

If you haven't done sop please have a look at this article: 

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

@rbess1965 thank you for your question and screenshots provided. Our team is already looking into the 5G situation you mentioned! At this moment I can only confirm the information you received. An internet connection (either Wifi or mobile data) is needed in order for the sync to take place. As the information is not saved locally in your device, but on your Fitbit account. 

This was planned, so that you can have access to your information at any time as long as you have an internet connection. 

Please keep me posted. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband got this for me, he thought I would like it.  I HATE IT! NOTHING BUT FRUSTRATION.   stupid thing won't stay synced,  keeps saying no device located.  

Best Answer
I can't even get a new one with my points because they say my email address
is in correct I guess I have to use before the year is up or I'll lose this
is so frustrating I've done it before nothing has changed
Best Answer
0 Votes

NON OFFICIAL WORKAROUND - AT YOUR OWN RISK

Hey all, I have had the same problem with my brand new Fitbit Ionic. It would sync once when initially set up, and wouldn't sync again after that. However, I think I have FOUND THE SOLUTION!! (For android users, I have only tried this on my Motorola G4 Play) Not sure why, but it seems that the new version of the app isn't properly installing the sync drivers, so this is what I did to fix it: (This is an unofficial and completely at your own risk method btw:) 1. Download an older version from this website (I recommend 3.10.1 or 3.11) - (I can't put the link, but it can be found by searching "fitbit old versions - android") 2. Copy it to your android device if you downloaded it on a computer etc. (I used the Android file transfer app found here - https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ Copy it somewhere you can find, like the downloads folder) 3. Find and install it. I used the "file manager" app to find it. When you go to install it, it will come up with a warning about installing apps not from the play store. You will need to turn this off (Hence the "at your own risk" part) 4. Log in and test to see if it will sync. It did immediately for me. (Optional) 5. If you would like the latest Fitbit app you may now go to the google play store and press update from there. For me it seems to be working fine with the newest update, I just had to do the previous steps to get the old version to install the drivers properly 🙂 Side notes: - Not sure if this matters, but I had the Fitbit already set up in my account before doing this, it just wouldn't connect to my phone - I cannot guarantee the security of the website used to download the older version of the Fitbit app, so it's completely at your own risk if you decide to do this. Hope this helps, please feel free to ask any questions and share this method around the internet

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me. I sideloaded 3.10.1 and made sure the auto-update was off on the Play store so it would upgrade. Installed it, logged back in, could see the update link in the app but avoided it:) and it worked for a day. I went right back to the same problem the next day. After a week of trying the older software with the same issues, I upgraded back to the new version and still have the problems. No luck for me at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So sorry to hear that🤦 Im lost sorry, I don't have any other ideas😯 Guess Fitbit just has to sort out their backend software and do some more testing with different phones aargh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Remember, fitbit was sold a few months ago to google.  Pretty sure those that chose to not support Android 7 and below are no longer with the company.  The incentive for the new regime to update is low (the whole capitalism thing).  The money is in the company motivating us sheeple into buying new tech every 6-9 months.

Other than the fitbit app, a zippo lighter app and a flashlight app, i dont do apps..... I also keep phones for 5-6 years (currently on the 8th battery).

I will NEVER buy another fitbit product.  The bridge was burned with the last group of failed updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Danforths, strangely enough fitbit put out an update on 13th January numbered 3.4.2. This is just for users of android 5 and 6. 

They, as usual, didn't say what it was supposed to fix but my synching on Android 5 seems to have improved. 

Like you, I thought we had been written off, so I don't know what instigated their interest again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Too late for me... Hubby got me a Samsung for Xmas and the fitbit went in a
drawer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, is there a fix yet?. Samsung said it was a Fitbit connection problem not Samsung . Where do we go from here? I have to reboot 3 and 4 times a day to keep my phone in sync with my Fitbit and it's time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Called Samsung and they said it was Fitbit problem. They have to upgrade their software.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the latest update my Flex is syncing with my phone again!

Best Answer

Just recently had syncing issues again on my Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
They finally replaced my Fitbit.  It was still under warranty.  Good luck with your issues. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Nope, this does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Too many issues,  Fitbit replaced my Charge 3.

Best Answer

My Fitbit won’t record heart rate or sleep following update two days ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

I I turned it off and on. Removed it and added it back. Removed Fitbit app and reinstalled it. Blue tooth is recognized. Allowed location. Heart rate is on. And it still doesn’t record heart rate or sleep since update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit sent me a new watch. The warranty was still in effect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa2 won't sync with my phone anymore. So the clock is 6 hours off. Tried everything. Sick of spending hours trying to fix!!

Best Answer
0 Votes