Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

I thought it was because I'm using an fitbit, (Flex), but seeing all the posts on the subject it obviously is not the case!

Best Answer
Well this is what Fitbit replied to me.
if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

Hi Perry,

Thank you for your suggestions and comments about our company and our customer service. We definitely will take them very seriously and even more when comes from a loyal customer like you. We are always looking to improve our products by adapting to the needs of our users, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for letting us know that your issue was not solved

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. One of the best places to make your voice heard and Ideas is in on our community. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback.

If you find any similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. We look forward to reading your suggestions.

Now since the not syncing with your Flex is still persisting, we would like you to try the following:

* Try setting up and sync your Flex with another device that is fully tested. How do I set up my Fitbit device?

This is to verified if the Flex has the same behavior when switching to another device and let us know if the not syncing issue persist. Please provide us the brand, model and operating system of the testing device as well.

We look forward to getting you back on track. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

J. Manuel A. and the Fitbit Team

--
Best Answer

Deleted the fitbit app due to issues with trying to sync my fitbit one. 

Best Answer

Same happened to me...had to delete the app it was messing up my phone. 

Best Answer

I eventually fixed this by uninstalling & re-installing but also, crucially, deleting another greedy App to free up some resources.

I suspect the recent Fitbit App update is more greedy itself but fails silently when it cannot get the memory it needs.  It should obviously fail a lot less silently and let the user know what is wrong.

Good luck

Best Answer
Not sure if this will work for everyone, but give it a try. I got out of wifi range, then did a series of tests, finally stumbled on one that got the Versa to sync completely; not sure if it's a onetime thing or not, but I'll follow up when I know more. 1) Disabled Bluetooth on my phone (S9+), then reenabled and attempted sync; no luck. 2) Closed Fitbit app, then reopened and attempted sync; no luck. 3) Disabled Bluetooth on my phone again, then reenabled and attempted sync; no luck. 3) Restarted Versa (hold left and bottom right buttons for 5 seconds, then hit left button after a couple seconds); it immediately synced everything back to last week, when it had last synced in full. I had previously tried all these steps when at home with wifi enabled, no joy. Interestingly, when I got back home and wifi reconnected, no more sync! I disabled wifi, and tried again; no luck. I disabled Bluetooth, then reenabled and tried again; success! It's intermittent though. Next time it stops syncing completely, I'll get out of wifi range, try restarting again to see if it syncs.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe we should all list our tracker and the device(s) it won't sync with as the Fitbit team asked Perry to do.

So I have a Flex 

and have sync issues with

A Moto G5S on Android 8.1

another Moto G5S on Android 8.1 each connected to a different provider and on home wifi which is a different provider again.

A Samsung Galaxy Tab A on Android (not sure but whatever it's latest is, I'll edit when I get home) on home wifi.

All have had the app removed and reinstalled, been reset, forced stopped, restarted etc, etc.

All of them worked fine before the last update.

All the devices find the Flex via Bluetooth with no difficulty.

My Flex will sync with my PC via the wireless dongle. I can get it to sync on and off with varying techniques but it used to sync immediately and hasn't done that since the last update.

Best Answer

I saw an Alta on sale at Target for $6....I can't believe I stood there debating whether or not to buy it! I really like my Charge 3 but it didn't look any better seeing how all the different styles are having problems too!

Best Answer
I have Fitbit Zip running on Samsung Galaxy J36V, Android 7.1.1 with absolutely no syncing or any other problems prior to recent Fitbit app "upgrade". 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I have a zip, latest app on samsung galaxy 9. Worked just fine until the last update. Then need to go off on bluetooth in the settings, find the zip-pair (will get error cannot pair), etc. not just the quick on/off.  Unbelievable how bad their support system is. 

Best Answer
2.95 isn't old enough. 2.91 has old UI. And it synced! Fingers crossed!
Best Answer

I got syncing back with 2.87 but I still can't get call and text notifications working again. It's incredibly frustrating because it all worked just fine until the recent app update.

Best Answer

I need more assistance...I have an Android and do not see these choices to adjust.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I had a reply on my thread about the rollout of 3.4 from someone whose wife has it on a Nokia 7.1. Her messages are working. Perhaps when anyone here chances it they can let us know their results with it? Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue same lousy response from fitbit.   Worthless to me if I have to hard reset n guess at steps to get my flex to sync.  Never had a problem for over 5 years with multiple phones and a different laptop until late August after update.  I have been giving fitbit more than enough chances as purchasing my wife the newer watch styles as they came out and she always had problems and eventually doesn't use them anymore.  I never had a problem with the flex and now it's just taking up space on my wrist in hopes it will magically work again one day.  Terrible support through multiple issues with fitbit.  Looking for a new tracker brand.  Most likely going to Garmin.  I hope they realize this affects their bottom line

Best Answer
Still having problem with my device: it wont sync unless I take it off my
arm, plug it to power and restart it... I dont think this is how it should
be...

--
Med vennlig hilsen:
Monica Tangen
Tlf 954 10 554
Best Answer

I too suddenly started having the same issues right after the update. I have the Charge 2, aside from the occasional snafu didn't have any problem until I updated the app. Now, my battery is draining at a rapid  pace ( it goes from 100% to 15-20% in less than 48 houelrs, and I DO NOT have it set to all day sync), and every single day when I go to sync the app, I get 'device not found', I have to put the watch on the charger, reset it, turn app off and on, and then sync. I also have been noticing that my steps aren't accurate, and this was confirmed about an hour ago when I looked at the watch and it showed 585 steps... I walked across the house, looked at the watch  again and now it shows 583 steps. No, not a typo-it went DOWN after walking 30+ steps.

My daughter has the Versa, and is also having the same issues.

Best Answer

To add to my last post: I fully charged my watch tonight. Just now, I took the watch off to reset it. Watch battery showed 95%. Put it on the charger, reset it, took it off the charger and watch battery now shows 80%. All in the span of 20 seconds.

None of these issues started until the last app update. 

Best Answer

Mine still does not work. It hasn't done anything since it stopped.

Best Answer

Yes my Fitbit won't sync as well it's been almost a week

Best Answer