Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

Dalebert54, thanks this did seem to work for me.   I've opened and closed the Fitbit app several times and it has synced Everytime.  Hopefully the fix will still be in place going forward...that's a lot of hoops to jump through if I have to do that everyday!  Fingers crossed, I'll update if it stops syncing again.  Thanks dalebert54!

Edit:. Well this worked for about 5 hours.  Now device cannot be found again.  Fitbit tech support basically told me to use another phone....ummm, okay....

Best Answer

Suddenly today, my Fitbit app cannot find my Fitbit One on either my iOS or Android so it is obvioisly a Fitbit problem. I see lots of people are having the same problem and Fitbit has not stepped up to help us.   After this, my next tracker will definitely not be a Fitbit product.  

Best Answer

I've had an alta for several years with problems. Upgraded my phone in july to a Samsung a70.  No issues, then 22 july wouldn't sync, finally got it to sync on 25th july.  Been working ok, until this last week when I tried to sync, nothing  couldn't pair on bluetooth, and just been told my phone isn't compatible!!!  Still cant sync, or even find the tracker on the app which the screen has changed from what it was!  Very annoyed.

Best Answer
Same with me. It finally synced for 4 days but I really need it to sync for
3 more days this month to get my insurance benefit. I am now planning to
get a different tracker as soon as I can afford it.
Best Answer

I also just started having problems after the dashboard update. My Flex stopped synching and after exhausting all options, I disconnected my Flex from the Fitbit app and then tried to set it up again. Unfortunately, now the Fitbit app can't find my Flex at all. After speaking with customer service, they told me to get a new phone, which is definitely not in the cards for me. I had been a Fitbit user for 5 years and am very disappointed that I can no longer use it.

Best Answer

Versa user here. My situation doesn't seem as bad as some others I've read about. I only have to restart my phone to get it to sync, but it is still very annoying. I tend to keep my phone on silent because of work so I really came to rely on the notifications feature and I can't really use it anymore. Hoping they come up with a solution soon!

Best Answer

I have not been able to sync my one since Thursday the 22nd. I have tried everything including re-pairing and nothing has worked.

Best Answer

Hi can't get my Fitbit one to sync neither

Best Answer

I also had a syncing issue using a non compatible phone (Nokia 8.1) and Android 9.  Ever since updating to Android 10 Beta 5 the syncing issue has gone away! Maybe there was an issue with Android and not Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge2 hasn't synced since 21st August. I updated to the new version of the android app on the 15th. 

Very frustrating. Is there any any sign of a fix yet? 

Best Answer

I have just bought a Versa. My first Fitbit device after many years as a pebble user. I haven't been able to sync properly and I even had to use my gfs laptop to update. After reading the thread I'm returning this device ASAP

Best Answer

My last sync was August 14, right before the update. Since then it will not update, I've everything multiple multiple times. Customer service basically said to wait for the next app update. Lol. Guess they're sick of this issue too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see several people have had issues with sync.  I cannot get the charge 3 to sync with my phone.  I feel I have wasted my money.  This is my third Fitbit and never had this issue +same phone). Why with the charge 3.  Can someone please help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.  I've had multiple emails with customer support but nothing has worked yet.  My Fitbit will sync on its own throughout the day, but when I try to sync manually, it always says "no device found".  Several times, the app reports steps that are completely out of sync with the watch - for most of the day today it reported over 19,000 steps even though I've been sitting most of the day, but under reporting my steps from yesterday. I can force the app to sync by restarting the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why are so many of us having so many issues this is not right
Best Answer

Well, FitBit made a HUGE mistake in sending me a survey to complete on their "service". BIG MISTAKE!!! I really let them have it with both barrels. I am now saving some $$ for a new activity tracker and it will not be FitBit!

Best Answer

I have done the full reset quite a few times and it does work for one sync. A few hours later I'm back where I started with 'device not found.' Has anyone gotten more info from fitbit yet about a fix? 

Best Answer
I wish I could do that
Best Answer
0 Votes
No same **ahem** IAM dealing with
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still wont stay synced after the update .... this sucks **ahem** .... going on 3 days since i was last able to get it to partially sync
Best Answer