Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

I've done all the suggested fixes, checked all the settings (background, battery, location, Bluetooth) and uninstalled and reinstalled the app... Still need to restart my phone every day to get the Fitbit to sync. Otherwise I get 'device not found'. So frustrating.

Best Answer

Tried all of these things... Still doesn't work.

Best Answer
Try and install old app. Especially if it worked fine before.
This update causing issues.
Best of luck
Best Answer

How to go back and install old app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google the website up to down. From there you can download any version of the app. You will have to uninstall the version you have in order to backdate

Best Answer
To *download* an *app's older version*, you will have to search for the
*app* in the site's search bar and tap on the “*Versions*” button to see a
listing of all the previous *version* A p Ks. Then, you can just *download*
the *version* of the *app* you want and install it.
I found a link for Fitbit on Fitbit sync fix app playstore had a link
To file hope it helps , have to uninstall current version , make sure you
know login and passwords.
Best Answer

Haven't been able to sync in days. Have done all the steps, still not working. So frustrating! 

Best Answer

Mine is still not finding a device after all the steps. 

I'm on a Blaze and a  S10. 

Time to just jack Fitbit in?

Best Answer

Good news !

After the App latest update (3.7 (2024436) and Versa firmware update (32.68.915), the sync is working fine. It seems stable for days. Even Notifications are received.

There is an impact on the Versa Battery life. Around ~10% more battery usage (from 5-6 days between charge, to 4-5 days)

Best Answer

All of these are done, and I still have problems with my Fitbit syncing. Why did these problems start after updates?? I have NEVER had these kinds of syncing problems with any of my fitbits. I've had my versa for over a year and never had any problems until August of this year. Please fix this problem! 

Edit to add: even with the recent Versa firmware update, I am STILL having syncing issues. I have a Pixel 3.

Best Answer
Excellent.
Might try new update , but then again mine is working still.
Best Answer

Gave up on using app with Android phone -- worked fine until an update or two ago -- now absolute pits --- and phone no longer listed as compatible --- had to go to using with iPad -- very frustrating - considering going back to using Samsung device --- wanted battery life, music and water --- music out, battery life sucks with sync always on as suggested in remedy, hesitant to try wearing in water --- too bad this is not working out --- on to another company

Best Answer
0 Votes

Daily user since July 14 2014 and now .. it's unusable

Takes 20 mins of messing around every morning.  Today after 40 mins nothing

So fed up!

Best Answer

Had enough. Worked fine for 5 years now this. Looking for recommendations for other Andriod compatible trackers.

Best Answer

Backdate the app to get it to work.  Use up to down to go to version 2.88 (google it)

Fitbit wont do squat until the sale to google is complete

Best Answer
I know. It stinks. I spend a ridiculous amount of time on it.
DISGUSTED
Best Answer

I played with this for months, tried different messaging apps and got one to work sometimes but now it won't stay synced and is inconsistent with notifications and phone calls don't ring thru to the watch like they should. It used to sync automatically and email me when the battery ran low and also sync with gps for a walk or bike ride but now it won't. I was at the point where I'd restart my phone and the Fitbit just to get it sync on demand but I finally gave up and scored a good deal on a smartwatch. Bye Fitbit. It's too bad, cuz I loved you for years while the device functioned as intended. These issues are too big and the support is non-exist.

Best Answer
Exactly. Ready to switch and tell everyone about my bad experiences
Best Answer

There is something wrong when users are forced to find solutions like this. A truly "smart" app wouldn't stop working (or syncing) as often as Fitbit does. This forces us to be the ones having to perpetually troubleshoot this.

This entire device and syncing/pairing has been nothing but problems since I purchased it. It is truly a "wonder" product -- because I always "wonder" if it will ever sync.

It's getting to the point that it isn't worth it. I regret purchasing a Fitbit now. I don't think that I will purchase another in the future -- and I certainly cannot recommend one for family or friends. 

Best Answer

Let me add: I tried syncing my Fitbit yesterday after I ran seven miles. It never synced -- despite trying continuously for about an hour. Tonight, I ran ten miles. I tried syncing from about 10:30 PM until 12:15 PM. Nothing. The app even told me that it couldn't pair. I kept trying. Suddenly, two minutes ago, it paired and synced. 

Why does it have to be such a terrible hassle to do something that should be incredibly simple?

There are times when it does work very easily. Most of the time? No.

Best Answer