Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

My Blaze stopped syncing text messages with the July update. I have a Pixel 2 on Android9. I spent hours troubleshooting (uninstalling, forgetting, you name it) all of the advice online, contacted Fitbit support via email and then phone and they finally concluded it was a known bug and they couldn't help. It is beyond frustrating! 

I have taken the app off auto update for the time being and using the less preferred Android messaging app and the texts are syncing again. 

I truly believe they are just no longer supporting their older devices so don't care that they have broken the app multiple times now. Eventually we will all fade into internet quiet or buy new devices. Terrible, terrible customer service.

Best Answer

2 days without syncing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version 3.6 of the android app is out on Play Store. 
Maybe this update fixes some of the issues you have?

Best Answer

I won't take the chance to update the app again until I see folks say it is working again. I mostly have a workaround, and I have lost my confidence in Fitbit that they are looking to fix this for the older devices. 

Best Answer

@Alikater99 this has nothing to do with older devices.  I have a Versa bought in June 2018 and a Samung S9 which is hardly a dated phone.  And I've had this issue since the update.  They broke it across the board. 

Best Answer

Ditto. I bought both my phone and my Versa less than a year ago,  Nov. 2018.

So I agree with both -- it does seem like they have zero concern that they broke older devices like the Zip, but the "update" *also* broke a lot of newer devices, and they don't seem all that concerned on that front, either.

Best Answer

I installed 3.6 just now.  Cannot sync.  Device not found.  This is getting ridiculous.  Fitbit - do you even know what the problem is?  Again I have a useless watch.  Garmin has a 30% off sale today.  It's tempting, when you can't use your fitbit.  I've been exclusive to fitbit but this is unacceptable. 

Best Answer

My Charge 2 is now almost 2 years old, I'll be keeping my eyes on the Pixel 4 launch event, hopefully they release the rumored watch, would make a nice upgrade. Really disappointed with Fitbit and their customer service. 'Big iOS issues'! What about us Android users??

Best Answer

@Sparky76 what rumored watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a simple Fitbit Alta and since I spoke with CS, a couple of weeks ago, mine  was finally syncing but only once a day and my phone had to be charging. It did not sync last night, however. This is so frustrating as my medical insurance uses my steps to reimburse me for points toward gift cards! It isn't much but it all adds up. Now I am planning to go with a different method or tracker to get those points.

Best Answer

I have a Charge 2. Sync has worked sporadically for weeks.  Today it won't sync at all! I rebooted it per instructions and restarted my android phone. It says it can't find device but they're about 2 inches apart! Bluetooth is on and my wireless router is working.  Hate the new app. It's ugly and buggy!

Best Answer

Some people have posted that older versions of the app seem to work fine.
Specifically version 2.95 is referred as a working one without issues.
I'm not sure if it's permitted here to post links to older versions of the app but if you want to try to roll back (uninstall the current version and sideload the older one) you can google it and try. Just my 2 cents, until Fitbit really fixes the issues.

Best Answer

Hi everybody! Thank you for your comments and feedback. We really appreciate it. 

We do not recommend using another app version but the current one, as this could lead to other situations e.g. devices not receiving notifications, alarms not setting up, etc. 

I just want to jump in, and let you know that we already released the 3.6.1 version for the iOS app.

Please update to the new version and sync again. 

For those who already updated to 3.6.1 and still cannot sync, please have a look at this article. You'll find some tips and advises. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

@JuanFitbit Isn't this the Android forum?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit, this is the ANDROID forum! Besides, if the current versions of the app are causing syncing issues, why not use an older version until Fitbit gets their crap straight and fixes the issues? 

Best Answer

@JuanFitbit , do you understand that if my Fitbit will not sync, it doesn't get notifications either?

Your position is like telling users whose cars won't start that they might get better mileage if they use premium gasoline.  That advice is useless if the car won't start.

I'm not concerned about whether I can set up alarms or receive notifications if something as basic as syncing won't work.

But for what it's worth, both alarms and notifications were working fine before the "upgraded" app that broke my ability to sync.  Both are working fine now, with the older version of the app reinstalled.  After 10-12 hours of unsuccessful customer support interactions, an older version of the app got my Fitbit functional again.

People depend on their Fitbits for all kinds of reasons -- medical issues, discounts on insurance based on step counts, following the wellbeing of elderly family members, etc.  Basic operation is the first necessity.

Best Answer

Having trouble with my new Charge 3 and new iphone 10. Both worked before i was forced to upgrade to the new dashboard. I had all day synch and no issues but now no device found and absolutely wont pair via bluetooth.  So frustrating! What is fitbit's plan? Why wont they fix this issue.  I am about ready to switch to Apple Watch just so I can get notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get it fixed? I am having the same issue and owned all three Charges as well.  I recently purchased the Charge 3 (May) and it worked until the new update. Fitbit, please fix this!! I may see an apple watch in my future...

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is v2.95 and how do you do it maybe it work for me because my is still
not syncing to my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Thank you for your replies and making me noticed my mistake . Please take my apologies for it.  Yes, you all are right,  this is the Android Forum . 

I know how frustrating it can be if the Fitbit device does not sync, but please keep the thread respectful as the Community is a friendly place, where every member can search, provide, share information. Having a bad attitude, vulgar language, or not being productive can lead for the post to be removed.

Please verify if your mobile device is listed as compatible, with the Fitbit app. 

Please make sure that the  Sleep Mode and Do Not Disturb option are turned off in your phone .

Also verify that no other Bluetooth device is connected to the phone or nearby. (Headphones, keyboards, etc.)

Please let the Fitbit App run in the background. 

If you haven't done so, please  have a look at this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know how it goes. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer