Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

So I updated to 3.6.  Syncing was going good then it couldn't find device.  Had to do the replace device and act like it was a new device and set it up.  Linked the Versa once again to the app and redid the notifications and exercises once again.  Starting syncing and receiving my notifications after that but this is getting old.  

Why can't Fitbit get these updates to work right once and for all for us Android users????   Sigh.

Best Answer

Syncing isn't working properly and it keeps saying device not found for v 3.6.

Hourly step count isn't updating and when you go into that tile it crashed the app and stops working. 

Best Answer
My Fitbit One has been working again since yesterday and it had been not
updating since the previous update. Hope it lasts!
Best Answer

I'm reading that some people seem to have found a workaround for the sync issues by uninstalling the 3.x version of the Fitbit app from their phones and sideloading the 2.95 version. This might be a temporary solution until a working 3.x version is released. 

Best Answer

@LostEchoes 

How do you revert back to an earlier version?

I just want my Versa to work like it was before the 3.x versions. 

This is beyond frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Adrienna27 

I totally agree with you.

How did you revert back to an older version?

At this point I'm ready to try a version that works since Fitbit apparently can't get a version that works for Android users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded an older version, v2.95, from a mirroring website and it seems to be working. Still can't sync the edited default exercises, but at least the watch function is now correct. No more "updates" please, until you sort this steaming mess out!

Best Answer

What happened to all my stats? My steps   my sleep, my heart rate are all gone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit 

I was on version 3.5 and due to the blinkin when you reached your goals...this has been reported on several posts on the Community Forum. I updated to version 3.6 this afternoon thinking the issues of syncing and the blinking goals had been fixed.  My mistake...the goals have been fixed with the exception of the main goal pulsating but the syncing issue still continues. 

Yes I have a compatible phone...Samsung Galaxy 7 Android Version 8.0 Operating System 

Yes my phone has been updated to the most updated software....July 2019.

Yes I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app.

I have had to clear the cache and force stop this app for it to work for now.

This is unacceptable.   When is Fitbit going to get the updates to work for Android users?

Best Answer
I can't post a link to the site, because it's not allowed by Fitbit, but
Google Fitbit v2.95 mirror and you should find options. Good luck!
Best Answer

Be careful and refrain from downloading earlier versions of the Fitbit app from ...anywhere. It can be dangerous (malware, viruses, etc)
There is a mirror site (called *** Mirror) which is considered legit and hosts only official (and clean) versions of android apps. 

Best Answer

I keep getting the message that the app has stopped working and I have to close it. Worthless. Investigating other products and other apps. After this latest "update" it no longer syncs easily (I usually have to tell it to sync and then try several times to get it to do so), I no longer get my text messages on the device. I try to open info in the app and the app "stops working". Since it has stopped working, I'll stop buying. My next device/app will be something that works.

Best Answer

Having to do this is an admission of failure by Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner . I followed the process described by other users including @Jenphilp a few posts above, using an internet search engine for Fibit android 2.87 to find a site called a pk mirror (all one word) which is a reliable, trustworthy site and downloaded that version to reinstall it.  I deleted the current version, reinstalled the old one, and it got all functionality back.  I then made sure to go into my settings and turn off auto updates so it wouldn't automatically download and reinstall the newer version.

I understand Fitbit's position that they would like us to use the latest version, but even the most recent Android version still wouldn't sync for me.

Best Answer

Fixed it by just restarting my watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. It will not sync. I deleted my Charge 3 from my paired devices on my phone's bluetooth. Now my phone tells me that it cannot pair with my charge  3. This would explain why so many of us aren't able to sync to our apps. It can't sync if the Bluetooth won't work on our Fitbits. So they've definitely jacked something up. They need to fix this now!

Best Answer

@redjello2000 Maybe until they fix it you could try installing an older / earlier version of the app such as 2.95 ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LostEchoes It actually synced earlier. I'll try what you suggested if it acts up again and it probably will. Thanks for the suggestion😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Managed to get it to synch by deleting all the data and then a factory reset. Don't fancy doing this every day, over to you Fitbit or with Ref to the Charge 3 Fit for nothing

Best Answer
Hi,
No the s/w needs to work and I don’t think Fitbit will support a previous build.

Regards
Best Answer
0 Votes