Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues since 2.64 Android app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 1/22

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Fitbit Update: 1/19

Hi Android Users - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update.

Our Android Team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. In the meantime, I recommend syncing to an alternative supported device or computer if possible. Thanks very much for your patience as our team works to resolve this as quickly as possible. More updates to come!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

I am using Android 6. 0.  with Bluetooth 4.0 which now appears unsupported with the latest update of the app. This is completely unacceptable and I will be returning my fitbit as it has now lost a very large part of its advertised functionality. Why can you not roll back the app to the previous version which worked fine? 

Best Answer

I still am on the previous version and it's working flawlessly....... I won't be updating my app unless I get a new phone, have to reset my current one, etc.

I never update good working apps period..... that's just asking for trouble 😱

Best Answer

I found app 2.63 on amazon and put it on my kindle. Still getting device not found most of the time but just once every so often it synchs so I am getting some data. Bluetooth sometimes gives a message about not having a correct code. So it looks like my problem starts around 2.63. But thank you for your efforts on our behalf.

As for you fitbit...Shame, shame, shame on you. 

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. So frustrating. If Fitbit don't  get their act together I will look at a different brand.... worked just fine until the update came out

Best Answer

I'm on Android 7 and have tried for last few weeks to turn phone on and off, and uninstall/reinstall. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Now, tracker not found again. This is so tedious. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Everyone reading this I did find a fix for my Surge.  I reinstalled the Surge as if a new unit and it worked.  You can probably can replace the old one and it still work.                                                                             Some how it dropped the Surge and all I had to do was reinstall it

Best Answer

Same problem with the Alta HR and an LG. Reinstalling and reregistering works for one or two syncs, and then the app doesn't find the tracker...

Best Answer

I'm on Android 6.0 and I can't sync since the latest update either. Bluetooth not always picking up my Alta HR either. Very annoyed - this really needs sorting Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I had the same problem and am using Android 5.1.1

I side loaded 2.55 the other day and started having battery issues with my One. I reloaded 2.62.1 and everything seems to be working again (I'm not sure about the battery yet)

I think (not that Fitbit cares) that the updates should be beta tested prior to release. There always seems to be more issues incorporated into the new releases than corrections. In any case I've turned my auto update function off. I'm not interested in anything new coming out at this time.

Fitbit should have a section here with older app versions readily available to those who wish to roll back to an earlier version for whatever reason. It only makes sense...

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

Well, as of right now, it's working. Hopefully it stays that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes
my fitbit is less than two months old and they gave me an option to
purchase a new one at half off ir take a complimentary one for the same
style. I told them it is not the device nor phone, it is the update and
should re-evaulate it.
Best Answer

Same problems here - only intermittent syncing.  Android 5.1.1  Very frustrating.  and my phone was on the compatibility list and then removed from list.  Looking into new options if this persists.

Best Answer

What is the status of this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure how to do this
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Can you please give us daily updates of how this is proceeding? I understand that technical issues are a part of the process but you should at least keep us updated about the progress.

Thanks, 

Matias 

Best Answer

Hi, I have android 6 and from Monday 15 Jan or the entire week my Flex wasn't even pairing never mind syncing! Even after trying everything as advised on community help it was still no good. Fitbit support suggested I unpair then re-pair. That worked for about an hour! For 3 days I've had to do this several times a day so my fitbit will sync to my phone!! Only had to do this once or twice today but still driving me crazy!!! 😜 

Moderator Edit: Word Choice

Best Answer

So far so good. It started working around noon today and as of now it's still syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well maybe I spoke to soon. This is frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Do you mean that it started working for you without reinstalling anything? Did you update with the last version? That's when the problem started. It is still not working for me. 

Thanks, 

Matias 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get my Fitbit to connect to app since I deleted from my account when it wasn't syncing. Tried 4 different devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes