Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues since 2.64 Android app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 1/22

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Fitbit Update: 1/19

Hi Android Users - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update.

Our Android Team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. In the meantime, I recommend syncing to an alternative supported device or computer if possible. Thanks very much for your patience as our team works to resolve this as quickly as possible. More updates to come!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

Since the update, i cannot synch either...using android 6.0 with my LG Stylo. Only works if i unpair my device from the fitbit app...then repair.  I have to do this everytime i want to synch.

Best Answer

I've got an LG Stylo as well and have to keep doing the same thing.

Best Answer

Yes it just working. And my husband's did too. And right now it's working again. I'm hoping the bugs are just being worked it and it will be fine because it's been almost a week now.  It didn't sync at all for four days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like many of you, after a good syncing experience for a couple of months now it's all hit and miss. At least we have 30 days of data in the trackers and need to be patient.. During the day it will sync as soon as I open the App and during the same day it will just wheelie for minutes.. All in the same environment..I'm also getting the following messages periodically through the day and this never happened on earlier versions of the App. The errors just happened again when I tried a sync..

• bluetoth error 21jan17.jpgsync error 21jan17.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

If you read the response from Fitbit to their poor customers on Google Playstore their advised solution is that you should get a new phone that is on the supported devices list... This arrogance should worry all of their customers as even if your phone is currently supported it may not be with every new release of app.

Best Answer

@PaulGouws Arrogance indeed.. My not on list  Sony Xperia XP phone has always worked with all of my current Fitbits, even in multi mode. I feel the compability list only shows earlier phones and the missing phones are the non tested ones. The Ionic worked perfectly out of the box on release day and the only changes are the Fitbit Apps.

I now experience all of the issues that others have and if I do nothing it comes good for awhile.

I never worried because the phone works for everything I do, including accurate non Fitbit GPS.

@PaulGouws wrote:

If you read the response from Fitbit to their poor customers on Google Playstore their advised solution is that you should get a new phone that is on the supported devices list... This arrogance should worry all of their customers as even if your phone is currently supported it may not be with every new release of app.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree terrible customer service really not bothered
Best Answer

My synasism comes to the fore.. 11-45pm, off to bed, about to turn the phone off and I opened the App and both the Ionic and the One synced in front of my eyes..  Servers!!!!!!

I done nothin......

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Android phone is showing Android 5.1.1  Don't know if it is the version you are talking about, but I am having the same syncing issues.  

I have downloaded the Windows 10 app and it is syncing well, and I notice my phone syncing with the data on the computer, but not on its own.

Please take care of the problem.  It is most aggravating.

Best Answer

I am having device issues can not sync it to android or apple phone. Have done all the usual turning stuff off and on 

Best Answer

Hi there,

I'm in Android 7.0 (S8) and I have since issues too since 19th January. Please fix this asap.

Thank you.

Alta HR, S8, Android - Portugal
Best Answer

I can't sync properly and I have 1 pic in particular that every time I try to pay it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 1 pic in particular I'm trying to post but every time I choose it, the app stops. My Alta hasn't synced in 3 hours, and won't... What the hell did I pay for?? I bought the fitbit coach subscription and it doesn't even have elliptical workouts!! I switching back to Aaptiv on that one. So not happy with fitbit right now! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a good way to keep loyal customer.  Comcast like customer service.

Best Answer

Me too, I'm on Android 6.0 on a Moto E. The new app seems to sync (though I've only just installed it), however I can't get it to update my tracker firmware - it's been going for about 45 minutes so far and there's nothing showing on the progress bar at all and no message that it's failed so I've no idea what's going on. I'll probably have to give up and use the old version of the app on my tablet so I can still sync.  However as I only have a Charge 2, I won't be able to track my walks as I relied on my phone for that. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate, 

Can you please provide daily updates, even if you have not fixed the problem yet? Are you working on this continuously, do you have any predictions on when it is resolved? We seem to be quite a few having problems and I get the feeling people want more updates than the single one you have provided. 

Thanks again. 

Best Answer

Judging by the replies from Fitbit on Google Play Store I am not overly optimistic...

"Fitbit, Inc. January 18, 2018

Hi xxx - Sorry to hear this. If you're phones isn't listed as a supported device at fitbit.com/devices, the app may not work properly. However, you can still try these sync tips: bit.ly/27CG6xN. If it's a no go, we recommend using a supported device. Let us know at contact.fitbit.com if you have questions. ~Fitbit Support"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still slightly optimistic as she said here that they are working on
it, and it would be strange if they lie in their own forum. So please Kate, 
write something ASAP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PaulGouwsI will repeat yesterdays.... I've done nuthin..... A perfect day all day....and on my non listed phone.. even now at 10pm Melbourne time the App is syncing without any prompting and on multi mode with the two Fitbits..  No error messages today either...

I have a Support request in trying to get a position on the syncing.

On the first response they asked the obvious question.. What phone I was using.?.

I suggested to them my phone was a fully functional non tested phone, because the newest phone on the Sony list is 2013..  Also I was specific in trying to find out a technical explanation for the "scheduled syncing message". I can't get that question answered in the forum because Fitbit help messages states "that it syncs to your Dashboard"..

From my testing it's the Dashboard of the server first then on return sync it updates the phone.. Of course when you have "Always connected set", and you are walking the HR and steps are updating as you go..... So maybe I'm totally wrong..  .

Often when I'm syncing and waiting with no phone Dashboard changes I refresh the browser on the PC and that shows the change in the steps etc..

I have proved again today that all works. All I ever do is switch my phone on in the morning, the Outlook emails come through, the Ionic receives all of those, even the messages from some of my other Apps and the notifications from Fitbit Community.

But, when it all goes bad I have to wait up to 4 hours to get a sync.. That's the variability of the issue...

So we wait......

Best Answer

I'd love to connect with another device, but Fitbit won't sync with a Chromebook.  I can't believe this is happening again!  It took so long to fix the last time! 😞 

Best Answer