Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

My hubby and I both have alta hr.  Neither work for phone calls.  It always says the last caller that called. I have phone samsung galaxy halo and hubby has thin-q.  Both android phones

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sonoguy, 

I use an Ionic on my Samsung s8

My issues have been resolved by me 

Notifications are working 

Thanks Roland 

Best Answer

Like the majority of people here, this has been an ongoing issue for me since July.

The empty blanket responses here just aren't good enough for me as a consumer who had bought the Charge 2 because of the fact that it can show notifications, which now, is obviously not working as intended. Add to that the fact that this has been a major issue since July, with no solid answers of solutions is just ridiculous.

So I decided to call in to customer support to actually speak to someone about this to get an actual answer.

In a nutshell, the person I spoke to essentially said, "Well.. the Fitbit tracker itself is still working is it not? The notifications is just an added feature. So long as the tracker works, then there's nothing wrong with the product."

I was livid.

After a lengthy call, the customer representative then said they will talk to a supervisor to see what they can do to compensate me for this issue, and assured me that he will personally email me.

Unsurprisingly, they've never contacted me back.

Love that I'm such a valued customer..

Best Answer

pixel 3 - charge hr (nothing working no texts and phone calls shows the wrong person)

Best Answer

Yes we are all waiting for it to be fixed . My charge2 worked great at first but no text messages only sender's name since July. Almost given up hope it will ever be fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, is there any news on the fitbit behaviours with Android. My Charge 2 will not auto sync anymore, will not show texts, not alert for texts and calls. This has gone on a while and is frustrating. Any news of an update yet. Thank you. Jackie.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry but I am a Fitbit user!
Don't have any idea of update

I tried to post something that would help others.

Sorry I can't help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Im sorry to have troubled you. But the fitbit situ is so disappointing.

Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Jackie, I do understand your frustration, and because of you and so many
others having issues with Fitbit devices, I wanted to help them and I
posted my fix of my Ionic.
People like you who are kind and understanding are ones I don't mind to
help, but others were rude and made me think they were putting the blame on
me.

My God BLESS you and your family
I hope a resolution comes soon.
Roland.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rollie20033 not every reply is to you - this is a thread- we're all replying to one another. No one is targeting you or being mean to you. We're all venting our frustrations that Fitbit refuses to fix this KNOWN and DOCUMENTED issue for months.

Again, people in this thread have been posting since JULY with no solution, and you seemed unable to accept that what worked for you does not/has not/will not work for the rest of us. That's why people may seem frustrated with you.

We're THRILLED yours is working. The rest of us are still stuck with non-functioning devices. 

Best Answer
Thank you for some kind words.

I myself keep finding more issues with Fitbit,
I try to change a wakeup alarm and
Have trouble trying to save it to my Ionic.
I CANNOT understand why I fix one thing and something else comes up.

Gods blessings to you and your family.
Hope you get those issues resolved.
Roland
Best Answer
0 Votes

After receiving yet another meaningless response from Support, I have contacted my local media and encourage everyone to do the same.  We deserve a resolution or to be compensated for the money we spent on a really fancy pedometer.

To Fox 4 Problem Solvers Kansas City:

I know that fitness trackers are extremely popular but think that people should be made aware that Fitbit has not worked properly with many Android phones since July. We no longer receive text notifications and call notifications may not display the correct caller name. I paid for this technology and now basically just have a glorified (very expensive) pedometer.
They continue to advertise that the functionality is available despite being aware it is not.
Here is a link to 34+ pages on the Fitbit support page discussing.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Text-Msgs-only-show-Sender-s-name/td-p/3637357

I have repeatedly asked Fitbit Support for an update or some method of compensation and have only received that "They understand my frustration and are working on the issue."
I would hate for someone else to purchase from this company expecting the functionality that they know is not available.

Please contact me by email if possible.

Thanks,
Erin

Best Answer

Not to leave anyone out but it seems charge 2 and blaze device owners are the majority here.  I don't see any Versa, charge 3 or inspire complaints.  Sad to hear an iconic is having issues too. How interesting that the newer devices seem to be working but the older ones are not.  

Best Answer

@Sonoguy Can you say "planned obsolescence"? 😉

Best Answer

My husband and I have the alta hr and ours arent working either

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you saying my post was obsolete 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kayem1955Just did the same -- reverted back to v2.90 and works like it used to!! I'm now receiving text and call notifications. At least it's a fix until they resolve the issue...whenever that may be.

Best Answer

How do u go back to 2.90

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please tell me how to do this.
Best Answer
0 Votes