Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiles missing in bottom half of new dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't like the latest dashboard as I can't get it to display the sleep log. Which means  I have to revert to the  old sytle dashboard, (via my account and advanced settings) to veiw my sleep log.  

Any ideas how get the new dashboard to display the  sleep log or how to revert back to the more recent one which was prefect for me? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone -- We just released the latest update to the Fitbit app, version 2.47. I recommend updating to it and testing it out. Let me know if it has resolved the issue with your tablets.

@jwebb72 Thanks for updating and confirming that this was fixed for you with the 2.47 app update!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
47 REPLIES 47

Have you tried adding the Sleep tile?

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue - my dashboard only shows 5 tiles in the vertical view and it won't let me add more. If I change my tablet to horizontal there are more tiles but then if I click the tile the info is vertical and I have to flip back and forth which is really annoying. It started when the new dashboard went live even though I'd been using it for a while with no issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you add the sleep tile to portait veiw. I see its avsilble in
landscape view!!

mbj.mckenna@gmail.com
Sent from my Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pixie10k, I don't understand exactly what you are saying when you say you only see 5 tiles in the portrait mode. Are you saying you only see 5 in the main view, without scrolling down the screen? I just checked my display on the version 2.44 app, and it shows 11 tiles in the portrait or landscape mode - I just have to scroll down to see the ones that are not on the main screen.

Top of screen...

Tile-1.jpg

Bottom of screen...

Tiles-2.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto, I see exactly the same issues here. In portrait mode I see Steps, Floors, Miles, Cals and Minutes. When I long press on blank area (there's no Edit button that I can find) I can see Goals met, Sleep, BPM and Hrs of activity have been added to the Dashboard but do not display when in portrait mode. If rotate the tablet to horizontal mode they show up, although selecting any on for detail automatically show the detail in portrait mode so I have keep flipping between portrait and horizontal to process the info. Use to work just fine prior to yesterdays update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like @SunsetRunner and I have the same issue and we both have tablets and not smartphones.  This is the screen I see:Screenshot_20170309-164237.png

I can't scroll and there's no edit option either. When I try to edit the screen by holding my finger to it, this is what I see: Screenshot_20170309-164625.png

No option to add tiles, just remove them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like a bug with tablet app version, missing the whole bottom section in Portrait.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is very interesting, @pixie10k.  I just checked my ZTE K88 tablet, running the Fitbit app 2.44, and it has full display of all of the tiles.  Is your tablet on the compatible devices list?

ZTE K88 Tablet app top of page

Tablet-1.jpg

Tablet bottom of page

Tablet-2.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
My tablet is the Samsung Tab Pro 8.4. I see the same thing pixie10k sees. I applied another update from the playstore this morning but it does not fix it. Just a matter of time I'm sure.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed that when the dashboard looks like thisPortrait DashboardPortrait Dashboard

And I long press on a blank space I see this screen

portrait  dashboard edit modeportrait dashboard edit mode

I see this, notice that all but the last 3 icons are added previously but don't show up on the dashboard. Now if I select any of the remaining bottom 3 icons my dashboard looks like thisportrait dashboardportrait dashboard

I don't really want that last icon but I guess I can live it since I prefer the new layout to the old style.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm another getting the same screen (with missing tiles) on my Samsung tablet.  I've had to revert to the old dashboard even though I've had no problems until the recent update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry it would seem that my tablet is not on the list of compatible devices.  And I am sure they don't all of a sudden take them off that list when they are new and current devices, so when I looked before I purchased my Fitbit I must have seen another tablet and mistaken it for the one I have.  I also don't have a smartphone or a computer with Windows 10 so it looks like I will be having some issues once this update is finalized.  For now, I will use the old format, even though I don't really like it, and I guess I will have to figure something out when I can no longer use the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I too have had to change back permanently to the old dashboard too. Although that is also frustrating as it can only display in portrait. Surely Fitbit can reverse what they have done and go back to the previous version of the new dashboard, as that worked on phone and tablet!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Strange! It works fine on my Samsung s6 mobile, but not on my Samsung Tab A
10.1????

mbj.mckenna@gmail.com
Sent from my Samsung mobile.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems I'm not the only one with missing tiles. My Samsung Table A was fine until today when I clicked on the red box above my dashboard that said to view the new dashboard. All my tiles disappeared and I'm assuming my data. It will not allow me to put up new tiles either.  Very frustrating. Anyone figure out how to get things back to normal?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to your account, choose advanced settings and go to old dashboard. Works
for me. You haven't lost your data. Guess fitbit will eventually sort it
out. Incidentally thr new dashboard seems to work fine on galaxy s6
mobile.

mbj.mckenna@gmail.com
Sent from my Samsung mobile.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone experiencing this share the following:

• Screenshot of what you're seeing
  • Confirm which version of the Fitbit app for Android you're currently running?
  • Which make and model mobile device are you experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The latest fitbit dashboard does not function correctly on my Galaxy Tab A
(2016) - android 6.0.1

mbj.mckenna@gmail.com
Sent from my Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Polllo
You can get the old format by tapping the Account icon at bottom, the tapping Advanced Settings and tapping Switch back to old Dashboard or if you want the kinda working newer Dashboard back.. Go to the Apps manager in setting and clear data and clear cache, you'll have to log back into the fitbit app but you won't lose anything. Or if you rather, uninstall the app and reinstall it from the playstore.

Best Answer
0 Votes