Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiles vanished from my tablet (Android)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Most of my tiles have vanished from my surge dashboard and the screen has rotated to vertical format on my tablet. I have no idea what I have done ( if anything ). If I delete the app and reload it am I going to lose my data? What else can I do? I cannot see any way to restore thd tiles with the app as it is.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

You will not lose any data. So go ahead and delete the app and then reload it and see if it helps.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks. I did that and reinstalled it and it came out in vertical format again. Now the tiles have vanished again without me doing anything. Has my tablet somehow downloaded a phone version of the app? Is there a link to the tablet version someone could share with me please. I am spending more time trykng to sort this out than exercising!

Best Answer

Hi @Linzbfc! Hope you're doing great!  Thanks for the advice @WendyBWoman Very Happy

That's odd! If you're using an Android Platform, it might be that you're using the old version for the Fitbit App. If so, it should look like this:

old dashboard.JPG

It might have less tiles, you can tap on "Try a preview of the new dashboard". Or you can tap on the tiles for about 5 seconds to see if you get the option to add more tiles. If it doesn't help, please attach a screenshot of what you have there.

I'll be around! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_2017-03-30-21-53-36.png

Best Answer

I never had the app looking like you suggest. It was similar to the screen shot but was in horizontal format with all the tiles.

Best Answer

What tablet are you using?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
It is a Samsung SM-T520 tablet
Best Answer

Hi @Linzbfc, thanks a million for the picture that was really helpful! Heart

It looks like a display issue from the Fitbit App. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit App. As @WendyB asked you, which model of tablet are you using? Is this up to date? I haven't heard about any other case related to this issue, so let's try these suggestions.  And please keep me posted on the resolution! 

Catch you later! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, did I not already mention I have reinstalled the app? Is there a different app for tablets? Where can I download it?

Best Answer

Hello @Linzbfc! Thanks a million for clarifying my inquiry! Cat Embarassed

We wanted to know the model of your tablet to have a better response based on your mobile device. We just had another update for Android two days ago. Would you mind checking if you're having the same issue with your tiles with this version?

I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
The tiles have reappeared thank you but the format is still vertical not horizontal like it used to be which I preferred.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer

Thanks for the heads up @Linzbfc! I've been checking with some other users with the same issue, their Dashboard tiles look the same that the ones on your picture. Cat Frustrated

Apparently, if you uninstall and reinstall it solves the issue; but I remember that you already try so. Is it okay if try that step one more time. If you can send me an screenshot of the Dashboard options would be great!

Thanks for the help! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
It keeps disappearing at random still.
Best Answer

Hi @Linzbfc! Thanks for getting back.

Wow! It's really weird that your Dashboard square tiles do not appear entirely in the portrait mode your tablet. It looks a like a configuration issue to me, but thanks a lot for reporting it. I've already escalated the issue to our Team; we might have to wait a for the next update of the Fitbit App to see if this fixes the issue.

In the meantime, let me take the feedback and let's wait. These types of issues are very unpredictable, sometimes the solution is very simple and other times the solution takes more time to develop. Hopefully, it will get resolve soon! Cat Tongue

BTW thanks a lot for your help! I'll be around in case you have more questions! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've noticed the tiles may be disappearing when I turn bluetooth on to sync and then reappearing when I turn it off if that helps.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer

Hi @Linzbfc! Thanks for the heads up. Smiley Very Happy

Actually this is of great help. Are you using the "All day sync" option turn on? I hope this gets resolve shortly, I can imagine how awkward it might having your Dashboard like that. As a piece of advice you can use the Fitbit.com Dashboard on the browser.

See you around! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I just put the bluetooth on and sync it when I want to look at my data to save my battery power. I've used the website a few times to see my data thanks, it's not as fast as using the app unfortunately.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Linzbfc. Thanks for the clarification! Cat Happy

You've been really nice contributing with details about this issue, hope it get resolve soon. I understand that the Fitbit.com Dashboard is not the same, but I appreciate your patience and  understanding. Please let me know if you need anything else!

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI, I have the same issue. The Bluetooth trick works as well. Samsung note 2014 10.1 tablet

Best Answer