Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Fitbit with phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have a Charge 2 Fitbit, and since a week ago can't sync anymore. I tried to uninstall install the app again, then restart my phone. I tried to go to settings and Bluetooth on and off, when it looks for devices to add Fitbit doesn't show so I can't add it. I don't know what to do anymore. Could anyone help? Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
46 REPLIES 46

Zip not syncing either

Best Answer

Same for my Charge 4

Best Answer

I am having the same issue since 3 days. My Fitbit android app is not syncing at all with my Versa. I starts syncing and then fails as it's not identifying the device at all.

Best Answer

Hello all!

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with syncing your devices. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated, I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. 

Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app. Please make sure you have downloaded the new version by following the instructions: 

Please confirm the complete troubleshooting instructions to resolve the syncing issue in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If your device is not paired to your Fitbit account at the moment, please follow the troubleshooting steps from this help article to set up the device: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

@Rich_Laue @SteveH thank you for your support!

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of this and it still doesn't work. If everyone is having this problem it has to be something to do with your update. I have contacted support and walked through numerous steps 4 times now with no luck. It hasnt worked right since Monday July 27th. 

Best Answer
I spent 2 hours on the phone with Fitbit's Customer Service who was totally useless and the man who could barely speak English was rude.   He sent a coupon for 20% off a purchase of another Fitbit.  What he didn't tell me ... was I had to order it from them online.   Yeah, Not going to happen since I use extreme caution when giving out my credit card info.  They need to consider sending a coupon that can be used at establishments who sell their products so I can walk out with a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I decided to upgrade because we couldn't get my old device to sync. Got my new fitbit thursday and it's been working great until today. It just won't sync for some reason. I don't understand why. I just hope it does something cuz I'm worried.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It apperas to be the app not the trackers.  Im No genious but too many people having same issue 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2. It was working fine until 7/24, and then it stopped syncing. I didn't do anything different.

Restarting my phone & tablet doesn't fix it. Force-Quitting the Android app doesn't fix it. Stopping & restarting my Bluetooth connection doesn't fix it. Removing all of my Bluetooth devices doesn't fix it. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the Fitbit app on my Android tablet & that doesn't fix it. I restarted the Charge 2 three times (while it was being charged) [pressed the button for ~4 seconds].  However, that doesn't fix it.

I’m VERY frustrated!

Best Answer

I am having the same problems. Not syncing. 

I followed all the steps given, however its still not staying synced. The time doesn't update. I have alarms set on it to take my medications and with it not working I had to pemut the alarms on my phone again. Its not tracking anything else right. And I am frustrated 😞. I just got this one in May 2020 after my first one I got in March 2020 went out like this one is starting to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

@Princessjojo Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. Thank you for working with our Support team regarding this issue. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

@Anna_Grace Thank you for sharing your experiencing with our Support team. I am sure they tried their best to help you resolve the issue with your device, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. 

@JWfitter @Kmac525 @M446 @adored_rage I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and comments. If you continue experiencing the issue with syncing, please confirm if this issue started after the recent app update. Please provide your phones' model and OS version for me to investigate further. 

Looking forward to your replies.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to buy a new fitbit which is absolutely ridiculous. My ionic worked perfectly until the update. And the customer service is a joke. After about 20 minutes of troubleshooting that asked if the Bluetooth was on. Like seriously and then walk you through steps for me to lose the whole chat. My husband linked my ionic to his phone and it worked without a problem. So I know its not the device. I wish fitbit would own up to having the issue and fixing it instead of offering 25% off coupons for a new device. Princessjojo Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa Lite

My phone is a Samsung Note 9

I didn't have any problems until the last week regarding keeping my fit bit synced. 

Tonight I can't even get my Bluetooth to find my fitbit. 😡

Best Answer

Same here, so frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Malfonsi. Thank you for your replies, @Princessjojo @Kmac525.

@Kmac525 I appreciate the additional details, I understand that this can be very frustrating. I would like to advise that our team has started releasing the app version 3.27. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this issue after the update. I could see that you got in touch with our Support team about this. Thank you for your time and efforts.

@Princessjojo Thank you for sharing your experience with our Support team and your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. I appreciate the information that your Fitbit Ionic synced with your husband's phone. Thank you for posting the update here, I recommend to keep your app up-to-date as updates come with new features and bug fixes. 

@Malfonsi Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I totally understand how you are feeling and would like to confirm if you've followed the troubleshooting instructions from this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Last night I was finally able to get my Bluetooth to find my fit bit. Was
able to sync the fit bit to the app. After an hour I realized that the time
was off again. So had to reconnect the bluetooth and re sync the fit bit.
However this morning I wake up and its 6 hours behind! I am so fed up with
this. Its unreal that a week ago I had no problems and now I can't even
wear it as it won't keep time, which I doubt its tracking my steps or
anything else correctly.
Ans yes, I have followed all the steps that everyone keeps telling me too.
And it's not working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well its been cpl wks already and NO solution! Tried everything again also.... Fed up!! $100+ and dont work right after 6mths..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kmac525 @Liz299, thank you for your replies.

@Kmac525 I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing difficulties with your device. I totally understand how you are feeling, thank you for your sharing your concerns and for your troubleshooting efforts. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@Liz299 I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts. Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app. Please make sure you have downloaded the new version by following these instructions. I also recommend making sure the firmware version on your Fitbit device is updated and follow the troubleshooting instructions in this help article if you experience any difficulties with updating your device: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the app has an issue. Look at all of these posts with everyone having the same problem around the same dates. My Bluetooth doesn't see the device. After numerous attempts of wiping everything fitbit off my phone and reinstall it. Still nothing. When I did get a connection it would last for a few minutes. Then my time would be off. I look at the app and can't find the device again. This is very frustrating. I have a Samsung galaxy 10 plus and an ionic watch. I haven't had issues until all of this. And your customer service didn't walk me through any steps that I haven't already done. I was offered a 25% discount for a new device if I bought it through your website. I couldn't wait the shipping period as I am in a 10,000 daily step program at work. I bought a versa 2 and its already having issues. I woke up yesterday and it said I walked 5 miles with 0 steps. I am so frustrated I wish fitbit would own up to having the issue instead of all of our devices having the issue. 

Best Answer
Exactly.
Best Answer
0 Votes