Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/16/2018: "Notification service not running" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/16/2018

Thank you for reporting the error is not longer showing in the Fitbit app. This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications. Make sure to confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I'm moving forward in closing this thread as the issue has been resolved and there is no need to post future updates. If you have questions regarding the Compatibility of your phone, refer to this help article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Fitbit Update 05/09/2018

Hi, Android users!

Some of you may be seeing the following error message inside of the Fitbit for Android app:"Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker." Even if you perform a restart, the error message persists. 

Thanks for reporting! Our team has been notified and are investigating. We will make sure to update you all if we receive more information. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. 

androidimage1.png

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there fellas, I took the liberty to merged some of your unanswered post to this thread, regarding the same issue.

I'm passing by to let you know that the new version 2.73 has been fully released to all our users. So if you were not able to update the Fitbit app before, feel free to review again. It should be ready to install now; or if you have automatic updates, probably you already have the new version. 

The great news here my friends, is that we have released the fix for this error with the new version. So I know you have been waiting long to hear this. Don't wait longer and go to update your Fitbit app.

See you all later and thanks for your incredible patience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
340 REPLIES 340

When I go to notifications on the Android app it asks me to "enable notifications" and brings me to the "Notification access" screen where "Fitbit Notification Service" is enabled. I hit back and it wants me to enable. I've even disabled and enabled but I get the same behavior. 

Running on a OnePlus 5T. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer

Hi @Keanen, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community!  I was reading the app prompts you to re-enable the notifications every time you access this section.

I want to recommend to review the version of the Fitbit app as we have been releasing new updates during the week, which contain stability improvements. For more details please refer to this post, it might help you with the notification access requests.

If the issue persists, try to reset your app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

It's important to mention the OnePlus 5T is not listed as compatible, hence the app is not optimized to run under the phone specification and it might present some misbehavior in its functionality.

Keep me posted how it goes. See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Right now it happens to be working. I hope it continues. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have updated my Ionic to OS 2.0 and my phone is LG V30+. After Fitbit app was updated to version 2.68 I found a message pop up "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker." Then I tried to restart my phone several times but in vain, no notifications such as whatsapp would come up on my Ionic. However, it worked well on the previous version of Fitbit app. Any idea or any solutions to my problem?

Thanks

Steve

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer

I am facing the same problem. Some need to find out quickly

Best Answer

on your Android smartphone go to Settings-> Apps & notifications -> Advanced -> Special Apps Access -> Notification Access

If Fitbit is unchecked check it

Best Answer

Fitbit is checked.

Tasos

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then I'm sorry but I don't have any clue Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

Me too the fitbit app is selected for notification but nothing comes up.

Fitbit team should look into it please.

BTW, the only notification I could get is caller display when someone calls me.

Steve

Best Answer
Along with that the sync is not working and I get the below message which I
don't know where it is

Tasos
Best Answer
0 Votes

sync works for my Ionic but not the notifications. 

Steve

Best Answer
I have reinstall the app and know it seems it is working but with some
delay on the notifications. The only think that I have change on the
process is to enable as a WiFi hotspot my phone when he askede to connect
to WiFi.

Tasks
Best Answer

I made a mistake .I have tested the incoming call. Is it the only notification I could get is caller display when someone calls me.

Best Answer

@stefanopouloswrote:

I made a mistake .I have tested the incoming call. Is it the only notification I could get is caller display when someone calls me.

do you mean you got the caller display only?

steve

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@stefanopouloswrote:
Yes

me too but I have not reset the Ionic yet.I doubt that the notification not working is caused by the new version 2.68 of fitbit app. It works well with the previous version though.

steve

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thing show.

On the app screen I get the below message.

I have restart but still then same.

Tasos
Best Answer
0 Votes

@stefanopouloswrote:
I thing show.

On the app screen I get the below message.

I have restart but still then same.

Tasos

What cell phone do you use anyway? Mine is LG V30+. 

steve

Best Answer
0 Votes
Huawei P9 lite

Tasos
Best Answer
0 Votes