Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Aria stopped connecting to my network

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria 2 scales have just stopped connecting to wifi - have read a couple of things on here about wifi settings needing adjustment which I dont understand. The wifi has not changed? Can anyone help its driving me crazy

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

I am having this exact same issue, and it is frustrating me too!

It syncs well for a while, then I get 'can't connect' errors.  I end up pushing the button, re-entering the password, and going through the set-up again. Then it syncs. The next day, no sync and repeat.

I am getting really tired of having to redo the set-up every day to get my scale to sync!

It seems several people have reported this, but no response seems to be available, and several of the threads have no response whatsoever!

My scale is always in the same place, stored flat, my wifi connection is good (when I do the setup it will work usually the first or sometimes even a second time), but it seems the scale constantly loses connection.

I am really disappointed with this as it worked great for the first month until this problem started and it is now a daily occurrence.

Best Answer

I feel your pain.

Exactly the same issue with us and just after 1 month of perfect use.

After trying for a week to fix this with Fitbit support we went back to Amazon (where we purchased) and they are sending us replacement scales. We are hoping that is the end of it!

There must be a software issue I think you need a replacement set of scales.

I hope you get a solution.

Best Answer

@CapperK Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale experienced connection issues. However, I'm glad to hear that is being replaced. Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance with the new scale and I'll be happy to assist you.

@spookisgirl Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I want to follow up on the connection issue that you are also experiencing with your Aria 2. How far is your scale from your router? Is it placed on an even or flat surface?

See you both later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

My scale is less than 500 ft from my router (although I don't know distance very well), I have a very small 2 bedroom apartment.

It's on a flat even surface.

Its been in the same place on the same surface since I bought it. This morning it was connecting again, although I have no idea how long that will last now. It seems the issue is intermittent and I can't seem to figure out what factor influence it.

Best Answer

@CapperK wrote:

My Aria 2 scales have just stopped connecting to wifi - have read a couple of things on here about wifi settings needing adjustment which I dont understand. The wifi has not changed? Can anyone help its driving me crazy

Katey

Are there any special characters in the WiFi password or WiFi name?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Just bought my Aria2 yesterday.

Having problems with sync (i.e. "CAN'T CONNECT) after weighing in. Once in a while, i'll get a successful sync. The failure rate is just too high. You are suppose to weigh and go. Not weigh and see if the synchronisation is successful. 

I have re-checked, re-booted, re-setup (Aria 2, Airport Extreme + Airport Express, Iphone X) numerous times but to no avail. Still faced with the same synchronisation problems. (i.e. CAN'T CONNECT")

Mr Juan (the moderator) for Aria 2 thread seems to be a postman or a poorly programmed bot, pasting replies / comments across forums with no real solutions. 

I see that many FB customers are expressing similar problems and frustrations. All i need to know is;

1) Is this pointing to a hardware failure; or

2) Is this pointing to a software failure.

If it is a software failure, are you guys working on a firmware upgrade resolve this?

FB, please reply asap. I'm probably going to return the Aria 2 scale soon. Personally, if it doesn't work as advertised, then its false advertising!

Best Answer

@spookisgirl @Stalker It's great to see you here. Welcome aboard! I want to follow up on your cases since I'll be glad to find a solution so your Aria scales can connect to your networks. Were your scales able to connect or does the connection issue persist?

Also, let me know if you have made changes to your networks.

@DramaQueenDiva Thank you for your help!

See you guys around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stalker if you there are multiple routers, you may want to try moving the scale closer to the secondary router for better syncing.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Same issue daily won’t connect or update. Called FitBit and they said they are aware of some problems, but would send me a new scale that would work.. well it came 2 days ago and I still Have the exact same problem.

very disappointed.

Best Answer

@CarsonV It's great to see new faces in our Fitbit Community! Let me go ahead and follow up on the setup issue you are experiencing with your Aria scale. Were you able to set it up or is it still unable to connect to your WiFi? How far is your Aria from your router?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I got my Aria 2 today. But i cannot connect to fitbit ! My scale is next to my router.. just 2meter away. The signal is strong. I can connect to my WIFI but the scale cannot sync any data. What to do?

By the way the error message is: 

• CAN'T CONNECT

With the same WIFI connection is my fitbit app syncing the data from my charge 2. So my conclusion is the wifi connection works, internet avaible, connection to fitbit possible (app works).

So it must be software or hardware from the aria 2 scale !

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@HenkStigter It's great to see new faces in the Fitbit Community. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your new Aria 2 is not connecting to your network. I want to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your scale could be set up.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit

Sorry today same problem 😞

Now what??

Best Answer

@HenkStigter Thank you for getting back! Please let me know if you made any changes to your network (password, router or router settings). This info will help me to provide you some troubleshooting steps based on the details you provide.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit

I havent made changes as i just bought the scale. Every device works fine, except your scale.

It makes connection to my wifi but doesnt sync with fitbit. Error 'can't connect"

Best Answer
I do not understand your post below. Are you asking me a question about my scale or making comment about your scale. 

I havent made changes as i just bought the scale. Every device works fine, except your scale.

It makes connection to my wifi but doesnt sync with fitbit. Error 'can't connect"
Best Answer
0 Votes

@HenkStigter @CarsonV Thank you for providing the details that were requested previously! Please try resetting your router in order to refresh your network. After this, try setting up your Aria scales from scratch.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit I did every thing i can and what you asked.... it stil doesnt work.

How can you deliver a scale that won't work with the connection?

And more important how is Fitbit gonne solve this ?

I need an aswer from Fitbit about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HenkStigter Please check out Kate's post since she posted an update about this issue. Let me know if the issue persists or if your Aria 2 connected to your WiFi correctly.

Catch you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes