Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Aria stopped connecting to my network

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria 2 scales have just stopped connecting to wifi - have read a couple of things on here about wifi settings needing adjustment which I dont understand. The wifi has not changed? Can anyone help its driving me crazy

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

@JuanJoFitbit Did you read it? 

It says do a hard reset.. not explaning how it has to be done.. after that it suppose to work.. and the post has ended.

@JuanJoFitbit how do i do that hard reset.. i wanne try it as last action.

If that doesnt work i am gonne take action and inform our Dutch consumer protection team which is part of our Goverment and ask them to take the scale of the market. Gonne send a big email explaining the problem, the many consumers which have the problem, the fact Fitbit isnt helping out with a solution and money isnt returned.

I give you Fitbit people an other week to fix my problem

(written thursday 28th of juni)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HenkStigter Please check out the 6th and 7th page of the Aria 2 manual, the factory reset process is described in those pages.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit Thanks i found the way to do it. And ofcoarse i did reset my scale a few times.

Said to tell you that it again didnt work.

Can you tell me what de DNS which the scale uses??

Reading a lot from people complaining it seems that the scale needs to use the DNS from Fitbit. Which is not possible when connecting to a router thru WiFi. Every device uses the DNS from the router.

So that make new questions:

1) why does Fitbit this?

2) When does Fitbit give a update software for the scale so it doesnt need to communicate thru the Fitbit DNS server.

3) If it is public knowlage why doesnt Fitbit know or tell other users ?

By the way, i was serieus about contacting Govermond Consumer Protection.
Even after my discouvery about DNS cause it is terrible Fitbit doesnt fix it as it knows the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is going on? It seems that everyone is having the same issue at the same time!!! Was there a software update that we are unaware of? My last connection was June 23rd and I haven't been able to get it to connect. When I push the connect button it shows the software version and then goes back to the setup link. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HenkStigter Regarding your question, please check out this help article, under the subject "What router settings do I need to connect my scale?" in order to view the details. Let me know if your router is running those settings and I'll be happy to proceed accordingly. You can verify those details with your Internet service provider.

@emsdial911 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not connecting to your network either. If you haven't so, please restart your scale by taking out all the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, try setting up your scale from scratch as advised in this help article.

Keep me posted in case more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit i dont get the sollution.. can you explain it better?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you a real person... over and over you say the same thing to EVERYONE who is experiencing the same problem.. we all answer you and you have no solution.. 

my router is steps away from my scale

the password is normal no special symbols 

I’ve rebooted over and over 

I’ve talked to FitBit customer service over and over , I’ve had 2 new Aria scales sent to me and same issue.. not to mention the FitBit service rep has had me take the batteries out and back in way too many times for me to count... WE ALL JUST WANT A SOLUTION and for you to stop apologizing and find a solution.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I uninstalled it from the app and reinstalled it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit customer service had me uninstall and reinstall multiple times. Again, it will connect but only for a few minutes and then error message on the Aria screen. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did post the solution that worked for me when I figured it out.

Best Answer

so...been having the same issue since July 3.  Working fine for at least 6 months prior - nothing has changed in that time. 

Have done all that has been suggested a number of times - reset network on the scale, took out batteries and reset (3x), replaced batteries, talked nicely to scale (2x);  also uninstalled FITBIT app (andriod 😎 - 2x;  deleted scale from FB app (2x);  reset wireless router and confirmed that i have access via 2.4g.

i see that everyone has tried all of these things...but nothing seems to point to a firm solution.

one question that i am curious about is how you know if the hard reset worked - dont see anything that is different from when i just put it into discovery mode...  

anyone have any other thoughts? 

EDIT:  Left batteries out overnight and STILL not able to connect via wifi.  Setup was completed again and it worked fine.  but get the silly face and the X over the wifi and the Not Connected each time.  Thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HenkStigter @CarsonV It's great to see you here and welcome to the forums @SteveKC! Since your Aria scales are still unable to connect to your network, I'll send your cases to our Support team so they can follow up on this issue and provide a solution for you guys. You should receive an email from them soon.

@emsdial911 Thanks a lot for your help and thank you for sharing the solution that helped you to get your scale connected!

Keep me posted if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two days ago, after having the scale for 2 months, my Fitbit Aria 2 scale stopped connecting to the wifi. I looked online and saw that I had to take the batteries out for ten seconds, and did that. Now, the scale is stuck on "www.fitbit.com/setup" and won't let me move past it! I've tried pressing the reset button in the back, I have my iPhone physically on the scale with the Fitbit App up and searching for the scale, but it still not move on from the "www.fitbit.com/setup" text!

EDIT: Managed to get past the "www.fitbit.com/setup" text, but now the scale is saying it can't locate my Wifi! That makes no sense as both my phone and computer are easily connected! The Wifi network name doesn't even come up on the search!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heather0629 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I would like to follow up on the syncing issues that your Aria 2 is experiencing. Does the issue continue or has it been resolved? By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting the forums.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been a week now and I have tried multiple times to get my Fitbit to reconnect to my network. It worked great for a month then suddenly it gave me a "week signal" report, however I hadn't moved it and tried setting my scale right next to my router and still got the same message. Retried this twice, tried restarting my router, not sure what else I can do. All my wifi speakers, Apple tv's etc work just fine so I know it's the scale or the software that are having the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Miriamlam It's great to see you in our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is still unable to connect to your network even though you have troubleshooted this issue before reaching our Fitbit Community. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can review it and find a solution for you. You will receive an email from them.

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem as of today.

I weigh myself and it says "CONNECTION ERROR".

If I go through the Wi-Fi set up, it connects to my Wi-Fi fine, and then tries to sync, and says CONNECTION ERROR again.

Is there a problem with Fitbit servers? My internet is working fine, my scales have not been moved, the Wi-Fi has not changed, etc. The scales are useless if they do not sync.

Best Answer

@adebaser It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the "Connection Error" that your Aria 2 is displaying. However, I want to follow up on this and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's still happening. When I weigh myself in the morning it always says CONNECTION ERROR every day.

However, it seems to sync every day at 22:43, so my results appear in the app 1 day late.

It makes me think it might be a software problem rather than a hardware problem as it is obviously capable of syncing, it just fails to do so after I weigh myself.

Also is there a way to force it to manually sync without weighing myself?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@adebaser Thank you for getting back! Please try restarting your router and your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, try setting up your scale from scratch and see if the issue gets fixed.

Regarding your question, the Aria 2 doesn't have an option to manually sync it.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes