Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 vs Aria Air?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone tell me the difference between the Aria 2 and the Aria Air?  I read the press release from investor.fitbit.com and a few different articles on websites and I can't seem to find the difference.  They both use BT, they both measure BMI.  Why is one half the price of the other?  

TIA!

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Yes, this came as a surprise to me today, having just received the Aria Air. Mistakingly thought that as the Aria Air is the only scale on offer at Fitbit Store, it was the latest (and greatest). Silly me.

Best Answer

I must also state that I have had my Aria 2 for sometime now and never have any WiFi problems (or battery problems for that matter).  It's ownership has spanned a Netgear router and now and Eero Mesh, neither with any issues.  It is also on the second floor in a bathroom with the network components on the first floor.  I am hoping I never have to replace it. because BT is not really a sync solution for me.  I weigh myself every day in the morning when I get up and my phone is on the first floor charging.  I was very disappointed to see they no longer have a WiFi scale.

Best Answer

The benefit is that this one is offered for free by some insurance plans.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@MrUlster wrote:

Yes, this came as a surprise to me today, having just received the Aria Air. Mistakingly thought that as the Aria Air is the only scale on offer at Fitbit Store, it was the latest (and greatest). Silly me.

Going strictly from a chronological perspective, the Aria Air is doubtless the "latest" member of the Aria product family.

Is it the greatest? As you have clearly already realized, that's dubious at best. It certainly does lack features which were present in the older models. Namely, the removal of body composition analysis would seem like a major disappointment. On the other hand, I've read plenty of reviews which cast serious doubt on how reliable that body fat % really was. The removal of WiFi sync capability, together with the horror stories about flaky Bluetooth syncing, would make me very wary to consider this device: If I could very well be forced to input the data into my records manually anyway, then I'd be tempted to look at alternate standalone scales with better body composition analysis options at similar price points.

Best Answer

I agree with you on your comment related to the Aria 2.  I own now the three models ( Aria, Aria 2, and recently Aria Air). I am very happy with the functionality of the two older models.

The reason the Aria Air is cheaper than the other models is because it offers so much, much, less !!! We’re talking here of a “major  tech regression”: It doesn’t measure % fat. I was aware of that; however, what I found incredulous is that WHEN you weigh in, you must have the app open and CLICK the save icon in order for the app to record your weight. YES! You heard correctly: You have to manually do it. If you “assume” your weight will be automatically recorded, you will be unpleasantly surprised.

Best Answer

Agree I've had mine for over 3 years and not a problem.  Weighing and forgetting about it is the best.. no having to remember to plug into an app or mess with manually synching is I would say worth the price of admission. 

Best Answer