Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won’t connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I recently moved and was re setting up my aria 2. Whenever trying to set up it says the scale can not be found. And when trying to remove the batteries and doing it that way the screen will only say “www.fitbit.com/setup” but nothing is working. It’ll also say it’s connected to WiFi but then when I go in it says no networks can be found. And it will not sync. Help please!

~Lily
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Rocxylemmon @JuanJoFitbit @wmchapman I ended up uninstalling the Fitbit app, and deleting the device, and redoing everything. Then it finally worked. Thanks for the suggestions, but none of those worked! 

~Lily

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Be sure your mobile or laptop is connected to the "new" home wifi (unplug any ethernet cables to ensure not "accidentally" opting for wired connection).

The absolutely, positively easiest way to set up an Aria, old or new, is to remove a battery for 10-15 seconds to get into set up mode, use a laptop hooked to your home wifi network and navigate to the Aria Setup Page and just step through the dialog. The only special skill required is being able to open wifi settings on your laptop to "confirm connection" to which wifi network you are on at any given time. Key here is patience, connection is a bit slower than you are used to, so always wait a bit longer than "what feels normal", give everything a chance to handshake before clicking that confirm button 😉

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

@Lmlmhawk13 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not connecting to your new network. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your scale could connect after following the workaround that shared my friend @wmchapman.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit I've tried connecting it through my laptop and through my mobile device and it will not work. After taking the batteries out like @wmchapman suggested for over a minute it never prompted the "Active Setup" on the screen. It just keeps telling me to go to www.fitbit.com/setup and whenever I follow the directions nothing is happening. It won't be found no matter what I try. It is getting to be very frustrating. The steps only tell you how to go on, not how to fix it if it doesn't connect.

@JuanJoFitbit @wmchapman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yVqQDfhEL0 this is EXACTLY what is happening to me.

~Lily

Fitbit Aria 2 Setup Fails
I got a replacement scales and cannot get it through WiFi setup.
~Lily
Best Answer

Blutooth to it then use fitbit app to coonect it with add device and the scale will give you a code to connect it to your mobile device or computer so that it can complete the setup pcosess for wifi connection.

Best Answer

It won’t find blue tooth either. @Rocxylemmon

~Lily
Best Answer

Lily, in your case you may have to take out the battery like the instructions say and wait 10 sec. Or 20. I dont remember but then plug the battery back in and try to search for the scales blutooth name.

Its name should be aria 2 when you select it then the scale will show a code and you will type that in and pair it.

If you try this and it does not work then you have a defective scale.

And you will need to return it from where you bought it for a replacment or your money back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rocxylemmon @JuanJoFitbit @wmchapman I ended up uninstalling the Fitbit app, and deleting the device, and redoing everything. Then it finally worked. Thanks for the suggestions, but none of those worked! 

~Lily
Best Answer

@Lmlmhawk13 I'm so glad to hear that you were able to set up your Aria 2. Thank you for posting the update here. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

@Rocxylemmon Thank you so much for your help and contribution!

See you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Lily, I'm glad you was able to figure this out even after trying what worked for me, it's just software and one thing I know with software and hardware is that there all not the same when it comes to working with the hardware...lol.

Weird how that was the solution for you and maybe this same thing will work for others just as well, but anyhoo! you be sure to have a lovely day or night witch ever it is there when you read this ;).  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rocxylemmon It's nice of you for being aware and willing to help.

I also invite you to participate in the Discussions board so you can start your own topics, meet more people and tell your experiences.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the kind words @JuanJoFitbit

Best Answer

@Rocxylemmon You are very welcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

No it isn't the easiest if completing the process for about 20 times doesn't work.

Best Answer

@Lizann Thank you for joining us in this thread! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I want to follow up on the connection issues that your scale is experiencing.

I'd like you to let me know the following details that will help me to assist you accordingly: Is your Aria scale displaying any error message? What is the make and model of your router? Do you have an Aria 1 or Aria 2? You can find out what is the model of your scale by checking out this post.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria 2 will not connect (bought today returned and bought another).  It will come up in the app and I use the 4 digit code then we move to WIFI set up. I select my network and enter my password then I get "Can't Find Device"  If I close the app and re-open, push the button on the inside to switch to discovery mode, It shows the wifi symbol on the scale, I enter my password into my network and connect.  The scale automatically has a black line thought the center and the "Can't Find Device" comes back up.  

I have tied

-deleting the app

-reinstalling the app

-deleting all devices

-searching for the ARIA 2 on my PC 

-Installed new batteries

-Installed Fitbit app on Laptop

-running through the set up through the laptop

Any suggestions??

Best Answer
Try connecting to bluetooth first before wifi...

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I tried bluetooth, turning cellular data off, airplane mode, it will pair then i go into the scale wifi to set up and the error pops up

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try the reset method by holding in a button then remove a battery and wait 10 sec the put a battery back in.... its difficult to get this going but ounce you do it works fine.

Your router might be blocking it if its by your cable company, i cant help you if it is.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

My WIFI Router was causing me issues.  I installed a new router and it connected right away!

Best Answer
0 Votes