Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won’t register guest weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my scales didn’t recognize me and said guest during the weigh in. In went into the app - recent weigh ins, and changed it to me. Today, the scales didn’t recognize me again. I went into recent weigh ins, but this time, there was no guest weight registered. So, I tried three more times and got nothing. 

I then came to the Community to search for help. So far, I’ve tried removing the batteries and stepping on the scales 5 times (6 times, just in case) to recalibrate. Nothing. Tried that again. Nothing. 

I’ve removed the scales from my app and readded them (twice); logged out of the app and back in (6 times); done a hard reset of my device (3 times), and then tried adding the scales again (twice). Tried removing the batteries again, and then stepping on 5 times again. I then got on to my Fitbit account via the web browser, hit the settings cog, gone into my Aria 2 to look for recent weigh ins and possibly change it to me there. However, I can’t find any data about weigh ins on the website. 

It’s been 2.5 hours now, and I’m ready to throw the scales out the window. 

Can anyone advise, please?

Update #?? (I've lost track of what number update this is)

Posted my query back in May. Six months later and still NO MEANINGFUL UPDATE from Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Updated post. 

Best Answer
653 REPLIES 653

Hope to get resolution on this soon. Was there an "upgrade" to the app? All my weights register as Guest and I can't see yo reassign. I used to be able to. Do I need to delete the Aria then reset it up? 

Best Answer

I want my scale to work and not be forced by Google to use there tech. It only proves cloud based technology is not owned by the purchaser. Big tech screws its customers by their arrogance. 

I am going to have to junk my perfectly working scale and find one that’s not connected the big tech!

Best Answer

I have the same issue but I have the original Aria.

For me, I had configured it so that I could monitor certain family members' weight for medical reasons and now I have to stand next to them and record their weight and then transfer it to my computer.

In the past, it would show me the weights of myself and my family members and I could then use the web interface to change the person if the person's weight adjusted too dramatically and the Aria picked a different family member.

Not very happy with this.

Things are supposed to get better over time and not worse.

Best Answer

As title.

Allegedly a known issue, but it's been over a month with no resolution.

Any workarounds?  Any plans to get this fixed?

Best Answer

My best guess is they hosed up the permissions on their API calls, meaning you can only see your own weigh-ins now, including prohibiting guest items from showing.  Reassign one of your weights over to "GUEST" and it will successfully do that -- it'll also just disappear from your view.

Been going on for a little over a month here.  Annoying a **ahem** because I use the scale to weigh a wiggly dog, so not only can I not see/read the numbers on the scale, the number displayed on the scale is up to a half pound different from what is actually reported up to fitbit, so I don't trust the scale display itself!

Great stuff, isn't it?  Real happy with being in this ecosystem.

Best Answer

This is getting frustrating.  This scale will not upload my data.  I bought this for the uploads.  Guess ill get a new nonfitbit product.  Was fun fitbit i guess

Best Answer

That’s hilarious that you link to a different scale was removed so quickly but Fitbit still won’t take the time to fix the underlying issue 

Best Answer

This may be the answer they find useful in California but I don't find it funny or useful at all. The scale itself is not cheap. Mine worked great until suddenly now it thinks I'm a guest for no reason. How about getting on the ball and getting this fixed as in, now as in now

Best Answer

Top scientists? Is this a joke. It's clearly a very serious programming problem.

Best Answer

The point the OP is making is that the established method DOES NOT WORK already. Google screwed it up! 

Best Answer

See https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria-Scales/Aria-2-won-t-register-guest-weight/td-p/5389465. Many unhappy customers, including myself, and there is no acknowledgement or resolution from Fitbit. My scale now only registers for myself and my wife has nothing being uploaded as she is seen as a guest, and the guest's weight is not being uploaded anywhere.

This thread is opened as an issue around non-response from Fitbit, not the issue being experienced with guest weights. For the latter, please comment at the original thread at the link given, as many are following that thread.

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, Fitbit Aria 2 WiFi scale | Manjaro KDE Linux | Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Best Answer

I've opened a new issue specifically for the non-response by Fitbit, and asked that they respond in this thread for resolutions. Maybe they've filtered this out as they marked it as resolved. See https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria-Scales/Fitbit-closed-thread-that-has-ongoing-issues-with-Guest-....

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, Fitbit Aria 2 WiFi scale | Manjaro KDE Linux | Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Best Answer

My Aria 2 synching problem started this morning when my Weigh-in showed as Guest but wasn’t being saved as Guest (or under my person icon) in Recent Weigh-Ins.  Also my Weigh-Ins before 6/27/23 have disappeared.  I did all the troubleshooting steps that I’ve done in the past … turning Bluetooth on/off, taking one battery out, pressing the reset button, etc., etc.  Nothing.  Then called Fitbit.  When I finally got someone (who by the way had a limited knowledge of all the troubleshooting steps) was informed at the end of the call that all the steps had been taken and nothing further could be done.  The advisor was going to send my issue to the Warranty dept.  When I explained that I was no longer in warranty I was then informed that that was it.  Nothing else could be done.  To which I replied “Guess I will be throwing the scale away since it doesn’t work as advertised. I imagine Fitbit wld like me to purchase another but that is not going to happen.  I am done with Fitbit!”

Best Answer

(gotta love that the forum gives me an error, then i correct it and resubmit, then it says i posted yoo many times... Figures this would be broken too...)

Does the removal of features to make a device non functional count as deceptive practices? Or even fraud? As you look for new devices, stay away from Google, as they're likely to do the same across other brands.

If you're in the US, file a report to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/

(The FTC cant respond to your individual claim, but will use the report to establish a trend.)

Best Answer

Hi Juan,

there are no updates here. It seems more like the thread has been closed. 
It is quite annoying, because Aria becomes unusable. 

Best Answer

I contacted support about this exact syncing issue a few days ago and was told that it was "being escalated and I would receive an email."  I have yet to hear anything back.  Super unimpressed.  I've been a fitbit customer since about 2010 back when it was a clip that you put on your waist band and have been through about a half dozen trackers, upgrading as they released new technology.  This issue with the scale has been enough for me to start looking at competitors models.  I've been wanting a "true" smartwatch anyhow, may just get an apple watch and call it a day since it will track many of the same things.  The lack of care that I've been hearing from Google and their customer support team towards myself and others experiencing the same issue is completely unacceptable.

Best Answer

Our patience has a limit.

Best Answer

I got new iPhone and now scales won’t sync ??

customer service unable to help after 30 minutes on phone 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Any updates on the issue.  Many out here might be tempted to start switching to Apple HealthKit if prompt support is not provided.  

Best Answer

This forum is available for customer-to-customer support, but isn’t actively monitored by Fitbit Moderators. If you need further assistance, please visit our help site.”

Best Answer