Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria / Aria 2. Connection error , not sync/Setup/Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today 07082019, I noticed my BIM not displaying on my aria 2 .I waited and waited and it never synched my data to iphone. I have done the followings:

1. Reset of Aria

2. Took the batteries out

3. Re set the wifi 

Nothing works ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

Aria is not syncing. I followed the forum instructions and did the following:

1. removed aria from dashboard

2. updated wifi password to only include numbers and leters

3. try to add aria but set up will not work on my windows pc (apparently you can only add this from the desktop and not from the mobile device anymore

4. fitbit password won't work, reset it twice, still not working when trying to add a device

Honestly this shouldn't take this long to fix. Pretty frustrated at this point.

Best Answer

Hello

I had to swap out my router for another but I used the same SSID with a different password. So, I removed the existing account because it was showing me as a guess even though I tried to edit the data. Now I'm getting a WiFi error when trying to join my SSID. I'm able to do the following:

• personalize my scale
  • put the scale into setup mode
  • go to my Wi-Fi settings and select Aria DOB93F
  • go back to the setup page and click I'm connected
  • select my wireless SSID and add my password (password is correct because I remove/added my network)
  • On the scale I'm see saving/joining Wi-Fi > joining Wi-Fi flash a couple of times
  • On my phone, it changes to connect to your home's network and on the scale, it says Wi-Fi error.

Here's my setup

2.4 GHz

WiFi mode 802.11 g,n

5 GHz

WiFi mode 802.11 a,n,ac

Please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. I can see Setup Active in the scale

2. My app connects to Aria wifi 

3. Connecting to scale ..... just stuck here ....

Tried 4-5 times by reinstalling the app, factory resetting the scale, still stuck on connecting to scale after connecting to Aria wifi from Android Pixel 2 XL phone. 

Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aria gets all the way to the “joining WiFi” and then just keeps trying to connect until the batteries die. I’ve been trying for hours! Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you can actually resolve this.  Doesn't seem like you have been much help to others.  I have had FitBit products since 2012 but frustrated with the Aria lately.  I hope you actually get your act together and are helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aria scale

Cox internet

Arris Surfboard modem

At the end of setup I get the message “Setup didn’t complete”.

Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  I am not sure if my ARIA is just too old and needs to be replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up trying to be honest. Fitbit is saying there shouldn't be a
problem yet it still wont connect and I have done everything they have
asked.
Best Answer

So no one from fitbit is seeing this post or responding? That's too bad.

I was reading around and I thought that a moderator was sending some info around to others and getting some traction with others and fixing the issue.

Kenneth

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I have done everything they have suggested and still have an issue
connecting. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

@streets33 what do you do to track your weight now?  Do you just use another scale and update as you go on the app?

Have you tried other scales?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amezcua_Luis  Have you found any updates?  What are you doing to track your weight?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello-

Just starting today July 8th, my Aria 2 is displaying a connection error. The last successful weigh in was on July 4th. 

Since then I have replaced my batteries and reconnected to the wifi 3 times successfully. However, after each successful connection to the wifi, the Aria then follows with a connection error. I find this behavior to be very strange especially since both the Aria and the fitbit app on my phone displays a successful connection.

I was considering a factory reset in hopes to mitigate this error but then I would lose all the saved information from over the year. Any other troubleshooting tasks that I can perform?

Thanks,

Mario

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got "Connection Error" first time this morning too.  I haven't investigated yet.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

These are the requirements for your router. If your new one does not support them you cannot connect. These were industry standards when the Aria came out. Fitbit cannot predict what will be the standard in the future.

Networking Requirements
The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the
following network configurations:
 Wireless 802.11b standard
 WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
 Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)
Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to
your Fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your router support the following?

Networking Requirements
The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the
following network configurations:
 Wireless 802.11b standard
 WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
 Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)
Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to
your Fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, thanks for responding. I also noticed that the fitbit app, both on phone and desktop, have not synced with the Aria. Last sync was yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I cannot even connect to see if there are updates. Cannot use the scale
atm. Just weighting with no tracking 😞 sadly
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello - I too have just started today to receive the CONNECTION ERROR message on my Aria 2 scale.  My last successful sync was yesterday morning on the 7th.  My firmware shows 23.21.6.0  I have replaced batteries, reset the scale, changed WiFi networks, but nothing works. I hope this is being worked on.

Best Answer
0 Votes