Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria / Aria 2. Connection error , not sync/Setup/Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today 07082019, I noticed my BIM not displaying on my aria 2 .I waited and waited and it never synched my data to iphone. I have done the followings:

1. Reset of Aria

2. Took the batteries out

3. Re set the wifi 

Nothing works ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

Hi @AlecGo @Yourheighness @nikonjd @rohithitro @Ashleyrn26 @Cbiowriter @SunsetRunner @KenHo @streets33 @MarioRC @JohnnyRow @SunsetRunner @xanbego @DK_Walker @matispf84 @littlegret02 @LZeeW @Pootums @caendlich @Kent.P @JamesD7 @DW63 @Fig8V2 @Rosina. @mplfitnwell1 @ThatDii , nice too see you all around, and a warm welcome to the members that write here for the first time. 

I merged all the threads regarding the syncing-, setup- and update situation on the Aria and Aria 2. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep the Fitbit app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you in the meantime.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up for $129.00 I should not be struggling with this scale.  Same problem as everyone else. 

I took it back to best buy and I ordered another scale on Amazon. 

Best Answer
Please let me know if fitbit is forcing us to purchase the ARIA2. if not
is there another option? Like a cheaper option?
Best Answer
0 Votes
JuanFitBit.

I know how to keep our app up to date. How do we keep our Aria 2's up to
date? I noticed a few different Firmware versions among this group.

Thanks.

DK_Walker
Best Answer
0 Votes

Only bought the Aria 2 yesterday, same issues as I suppose most people in this forum, WiFi connection is lost soon after setup. Unacceptable that the device prefers 802.11b, it's going back even if the firmware/sync issues are resolved. I am hoping that my charge 2 isn't bricked as well, so far so good. Perhaps Fitbit has too many Chiefs and not enough Indians? 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RickBig  a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your feedback. The Aria 2 is able to connect with the  802.11b/g/n  protocol, not only with the  802.11b one. 

@KenHo ,thank you for your reply.  We are not forcing anyone to purchase another device. Our Team is working on solving the syncing/setup situation as soon as possible. 

@AndyBenj , nice to see you back. Thanks for letting us know what you did. You are always welcome back, to the Fitbit Family if you change your mind.

@DK_Walker , thanks for letting me know about my mistake. As you mentioned, there are different firmware versions mentioned here. Some are for the Aria 2 and some for the Aria. Don't worry about the version you have. All versions should sync after the situation is solved. 

Please let me know if I can be of more help. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just adding that I am also unable to sync from my Aria 2 scales. Same connection error. Started yesterday morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit:  Thank you for your response.  I was not able to sync to the app so I reset the ARIA to try the sync again.  Stupid me because now I can not even check my own weight.  Can you tell me how to atleast bypass the set up to just so that I can check my weight?  I look forward to you and your team's response.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just a heads up that my scale successfully synced this morning after having the issues yesterday.
Best Answer

Is there an update on this fix of the "connection error"? 

If it can occur so quickly, it can be fixed just as quickly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@westynz @KenHo @JamesD7 @Kent.P Hi guys! I'd like to inform you that the issue has been resolved and your Aria scales should be able to connect.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes