Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Step Off, Sensing, Error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had this scale for two years and loved it. All of a sudden today I change the batteries and start getting a step off, sensing, error message over and over again. Contacted customer service and all they can tell me to do is throw it away. For a scale that costs so much money it's unacceptable that it stops working so soon. Have been a loyal customer for over three years and now I'll have to look elsewhere for a quality product

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

You're still copying and pasting the same answers that you can clearly see, and understand don't work. 

Serious Juan, you need to get a life.

I have now bought a Nokia scale, which we're very happy with. I will never buy Fitbit again, and consciously discourage my friends from supporting the company.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for a resolution to try other than making sure it’s on a flat surface. Sooo annoyed with Fitbit right now. That was not a cheap scale to buy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@darrylDN Thank you for your feedback and comments! I will send your case to our Customer Service department so they can investigate further and help you accordingly.

@Slarbor Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! It seems that you have covered all the steps we recommend. I'll forward your case to our Support team as well since they'll be happy to follow up and find a solution for you. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you guys have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

You just need to get rid of it and buy another scale that will sync with fitbit.
It is sad how a Fitbit handled this issue!!

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you very much for your feedback! This type of feedback helps us to keep improving and I'll make sure to pass it forward to the rest of our team.

Best Answer

Yes I have the exact same problem. Very upset and think this scale is not fit for purpose. It is obviously still alive as we get the Aria sensing step off error message, perhaps it is set to fail after two years! Disgusted !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our Aria has just started doing this as well since we changed the batteries! Is there any solution? Could it be an update issue or bug within the update that’s causing the problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no solution other than to get rid of it. FitBit offers no pleasing solution- sad bu5 true. I was very disappointed in their responses. Just dump it!,
I have a weight gurus scale from Greater Goods. It syncs to my FitBit and I am very pleased. Less expensive also. Check out Amazon or direct to weight gurus.
Good luck

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ditto. Check out weight gurus scale. It will sync to your fitbit

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Had the same prob at the same time. Forced obsolescence.
Best Answer
Agreed and very frustrating. Not pleased with FITBIT

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

LOL,  my scale was working great until I connected it to the internet tonight (it's been offline for a year). Now I just get that ERR message.   Definitely a software/firmware upgrade issue.  I won't be buying the Aria 2.  Bad form Fitbit!

Best Answer

I agree, mine is doing the same thing and is no longer under warranty.  Anytime you pay over a $100 for a scale it should be fixed or replaced for a lifetime.  We have 6 fitbit devices in my house.  Rest assured that go forward Apple will have ALL of our business!  Very Poor Service Fitbit!

Best Answer

@MommaDett wrote:

I agree, mine is doing the same thing and is no longer under warranty.  Anytime you pay over a $100 for a scale it should be fixed or replaced for a lifetime.  We have 6 fitbit devices in my house.  Rest assured that go forward Apple will have ALL of our business!  Very Poor Service Fitbit!

LOL,  my scale was working great until I connected it to the internet tonight (it's been offline for a year). Now I just get that ERR message.   Definitely a software/firmware upgrade issue.  I won't be buying the Aria 2.  Bad form Fitbit!

Best Answer

Having exactly same issue. For two years been ok. Never synced  though after first change of batteries but I gave up with that ,but now I don’t even get a weight ! Just err

ive tried all the fixes stand on it five times etc.

Awaiting a response from fit bit

my scales are really important to my health and I would expect them to last longer than they have my £5.00 scales from a local supermarket lasted me many many years I only got rid of them when I gotta the aria.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Definitely do not buy Aria 2. Check out Weight Gurus

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi everyone! I really know how you guys feel about this and thank you for your feedback.

Best Answer
I bought a scale from Weight Guru. Works great and synced with Fitbit. AND less expensive with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m sorry but I must say I feel like if Fitbit really cared about our comments about the scale they would have done more than just say ‘sorry, but there was nothing they could do because we were out of warranty’

Good job. I, too, have been very pleased with my Weight Guru scale!

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes