Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Step Off, Sensing, Error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had this scale for two years and loved it. All of a sudden today I change the batteries and start getting a step off, sensing, error message over and over again. Contacted customer service and all they can tell me to do is throw it away. For a scale that costs so much money it's unacceptable that it stops working so soon. Have been a loyal customer for over three years and now I'll have to look elsewhere for a quality product

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

I have had my Aria for exactly one year, I got as a gift from my kids last year on my birthday late February. Last week I got an ERR message and I have set up my fit bit over and over in hopes that it will reset, but it won't I even changed the batteries again. What can I do. This ARIA is way too expensive for it to go out just like that? I called Fit bit and they said there is no fix. Is this true?  I have loved fit bit and have had their trackers since they came out and have upgraded, but this is very discouraging, Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately this has been a problem for many people and no one has had
the issue resolved. If the scale is not out of warranty you might be able
to get a replacement - otherwise you're out of luck (like many more
people!).
Best Answer
0 Votes
They straight up told me that they have no intention of making their
current software compatible with our ARIAs. The only way to keep this from
happening to you is not to update the software.

--
Cher Stewart

You cannot do all the good the world needs, but the world needs all the
good you can do.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting. Not sure any of us had updates toFitbir. Seemed to happen when we got notes tat batter

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
If it was connected to wifi, you got the automatic update.

--
Cher Stewart

good you can do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I would like to follow up on this and would like you to make sure that your routers run the protocol 802.11b, the bandwidth is 2.4GHz and your WiFi's password is alphanumerical. Also, please let me know if you get any error message, this will help me to assist you accordingly.

@prncssgeek Thanks a lot for your help and contribution my friend!

See you later guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I get an email from FitBit stating my batteries need to be changed for my Aria... so I do.  Now I get the step on.... thinking ... ERE... this is obviously a common problem.   Time for Fitbit to step up and fix the issue and or replace the Arias at Fitbits cost.   I have spent the last 4 hrs trying to get it to work and nothing fixes the issue.   Help your customers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo. 

Please don't tell me you're an idiot like FitBit. 

If FitBit can install an update to my scale and to all the other people on this thread, then they can install a fix in the same way. 

You should take this comment to your contact at FitBit who still refuses to seriously address this issue and tell them that checking router details don't mean anything. It's just a way to play for time while trying to sell Aria 2. Pathetic. 

Everyone on this forum can see that no one at FitBit cares about fixing a scale that they broke with an update. That's why I bought a new scale from another company. 

Best Answer
They straight up told me that they will not be updating the software to be
compatible with our Arias.

Legally, they don't even have to anymore.

--
Cher Stewart

good you can do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this error. Removed batteries numerous times. WiFi and password fit your description. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I read your msg and it is exactly the same problem i had with my Aria just over a year old. Numerous exchange with fitbit customers only provide standard reply and no solution. The worst thing is there is no service support in the country I lived.

Nevertheless, I decided to take things on my own since it is not working anyway. Going through youtube to see how to tear down and start looking at it.The reason why it keep asking you to "step off" is due to the electronic is not receiving a signal from one of four sensors at the 4 corners. If you are able to open up the cover and disassemble the sensors simply with a screw driver, you will see a grey o rings or rubber gasket that is probably very compressed or off position thus is not 'bouncing' the supporting legs back to its original position to show there is no weight on it. Therefore it keep thinking there is weigh on it and keep asking you to 'step off'. Next time you have such a problem, either you can do the same as above or slightly lift up the scale(most probably the lower 2) a little to give the legs a little room to bounce back, you might over come this error. It works for my Aria and I can't say it will work for the rest. Good luck! 

Best Answer

Out of curiosity why does the wifi password have to contain alpha and numbers in order for the problem to be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No idea

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Aria scale 2 years this past February and loved it! Worked yesterday and ERR today. Batteries weren't dead,  no router or wifi changes. Went through all troubleshooting with fitbit just to be told its defective and out of warranty. I've had $30 scales last longer than this. Disappointing for sure!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree, very disappointing and FitBit's response even more disappointing.

I really like the Weight Guru scale, sold by Greater Goods. It is working beautifully and syncs to my FitBit.

Check previous comments on the commentaries!

Good luck

[http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w3/ltr/../emoticons/heart.gif] Susie
Best Answer

Thank you! I will look into those.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Saw this on YouTube- already donated my scale and very pleased with new one from weight gurus

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. Got this scale a few years ago, it worked great for a few months, then all of a sudden it started giving us a WiFi err. Customer service said it was our WiFi even though I made their suggested changes and it still didn’t work, they were not any help.  So I used this thing manually (just read my weight off the screen) for the past few years. I recently decided to try and set it up and somehow it worked. But now I’m getting this step off - thinking - err error. So frustrating. I really regret investing a hefty amount of money in a scale that does not do what it’s advertised to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Very frustrating, I agree!

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scales are still experiencing the "Sensing Thinking ERR" issue. Please make sure that your Aria scales are placed on an even or flat surface and you are stepping on them barefoot.

Finally, if you haven't done so, restart your scales one more time by taking out the batteries and weigh yourselves 5 times in a row in order to re-calibrate your scales and see if the issue gets fixed.

On an aside note, please take a look at this page for more information about the warranty policies.

Catch you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer