Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Step Off, Sensing, Error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had this scale for two years and loved it. All of a sudden today I change the batteries and start getting a step off, sensing, error message over and over again. Contacted customer service and all they can tell me to do is throw it away. For a scale that costs so much money it's unacceptable that it stops working so soon. Have been a loyal customer for over three years and now I'll have to look elsewhere for a quality product

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

Hi guys! I'm really sorry about the experience you had with the Aria scale. I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Should probably just get the resolutions team to fire out a cheque to everyone here.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Balexand @CM6556 Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Cancel everything Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Balexand  We understand that this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we are always working to improve our products. We appreciate your feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes
>From what Ive seen there hasn't been any actual resolution. That's why
there's so many annoyed customers in this thread. When will Fitbit
compensate us?
Best Answer
I wouldn’t count on it ever happening!

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I've had my Aria scales for over 3 years and now have this error. They were working absolutely fine until I recieved a firmware update a few months back ...tried everything but they are not responding at all. I'm so annoyed that none of the Fitbit team haven't found a solution yet and yes I've done everything as instructed. Woman Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand your frustration. FitBit’s answer has always just been sorry but it is out of warranty. They never stepped up with an adequate response to any of us. I certainly was not going to invest in the upgraded model only to have it fail when a newer model was created.

Suggest checking out weight gurus. I have been very pleased with it and their customer support.

Good luck.

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CM6556 @SunsetRunner @Babydoll1801 I'm sorry about the experience you've had. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit, what gives you the right to intrude into my working device and insert a software update that breaks it? Then tell me and many other people, 'sorry but you're out of warranty' and offer no fix? Please provide a way to roll back this update or have it serviced since you created the problem. We ALL paid good money for this scale. I'm highly disappointed to be experiencing this same issue. All I did was change the batteries. I used it once a week to keep track of my weight loss and a flat floor in a dry environment. Please make this right. This is like Microsoft hacking into your corporate computers, breaking them so you can't use them and telling you, 'sorry, go buy new computers'. Unacceptable right?

Best Answer

@KennyZ Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I totally understand how frustrating this is for you and I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is no under warranty and I'm also sorry about the experience.

Your feedback is appreciated since this helps us to keep improving our products and services.

Please visit this page for more information about the warranty policy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sadly had the same complaint almost over a year ago now. They have done absolutely nothing. Nothing ! Rather shocking!  What I have done in this thread is encourage people to return their devices as faulty back to Fitbit and demand a refund.  or at the very least, ship it COD to them. 🙂 

Additionally, I have found Weight Gurus to sell a scale that is better, has more features, is CHEAPER, and has been working ever since I bought it following the Fitbit Aria debacle so many have faced. 

I also refuse to ever buy anything from Fitbit ever again. They have lost me as a customer and anyone I can share the story of them operating unethically, I do...  

Best Answer
Let me assure you, you are FAR from alone in abandoning Fitbit as a brand.
I will actively search for alternatives to their products and will happily
inform anyone asking of my incredibly negative experience with them.
Best Answer
I just donated my Aria scale to a recycle program where they hopefully can use some of the parts. It was very frustrating and still irritates me when I think about their lack of responsible attention to these issues about the scales.
I too found the weight gurus scales and have been very pleased. I have had mine since December 2017 with no issues whatsoever and it links to all my programs.
I am still using the Fitbit Charger because I had so much data on it and they also in the past have been very responsive to issues with the charger. It was a huge disappointment on the treatment received from them about the scales.
Best Answer
I’m kind of glad ainonly paid $24 for the scale due to a price mismatch at sears.com and my local bed bath and beyond price matched my it! I really feel for those who paid the full price of over $100 for the scale. What a big disappointment.

Thank you for your suggestion. I need to shop for a new scale now.

Shame on Fitbit. It would have been nice if they even offered a warranty extension that covered sending the unit in to be reprogrammed and sent back since it seems it’s just a software error and not a hardware issue. I would be willing to even pay the shipping.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed. Instead they only said sorry but it is out of warranty. Very poor response

Susie Ingalls
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
LOL, this ISN'T a warranty issue. They CHANGED the firmware. It was
either alleged incompetency or negligence. The device didn't "break".
The device appears to have been rendered obsolete by update.
Best Answer

@Pb2645 @CM6556 @SunsetRunner @KennyZ @JohnJ3rd Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes