Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I move every year, and every year I have to reconnect my WiFi devices. Only the Fitbit Aria takes an hour EVERY time. 

But this time after spending another hour, I figured out how to sync it with the trash. Added my Fitbit Surge with it and bought an Apple Watch.

My life just got much happier 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

Add my vote to this - just moved and now get the Wifi err message - ugh 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did your WiFi router change with the move @Furls. have you tried setting up the scale to WiFi since the move? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, my routers and wifi did change with the move. I just went through the set up process a few times and each time it comes up with an error 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What error? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When your new WiFi router was set up was it configured to have a 802.11b 2.4GHz network?.    That is required for the Aria to connect.  Most new routers that you just plug in and use all of the defaults will be 5GHz and 802.11 g/n/ac but many can also be set up for "dual band" which means you can set up another wifi network on it that is 2.4GHz.  In the Wifi router setup for the 2.4 it may not specify 802.11b but instead will have an option for "Legacy" which will need to be turned on.  In general though if during the Aria setup the setup routine finds your WiFi network it most likely is 802.11b.  If you have to manually enter the name of your WiFi network and the network name is not set to be hidden then it likely is not.  I am a now 5 year retired IT Manager and already I am getting out of date on this sort of stuff.  No idea how techie you are but happy to help if I can.  With the  make and model of the wifi router I might be able to provide some insight.  Best of luck with this.

Best Answer

Also having the same issue with Aria scale and Telstra NBN "smart" Technicolour modem DJA0231 - several hours trying to connect (let alone sync) and epic fail. Has anyone solved this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone has put together a user manual for this device.  It can be found at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-RqguwOPm8f8gkbX0TsJrt8hqcAXb9E9/view  From what I can see under Advanced>WiFi there is a page called WiFi tools.  From there you can check to make sure that you have a 2.4 GHz network using 802.11b that is necessary for an Aria to connect.  These are beside Frequency Band and Standard.  Hope this helps.Screenshot (17).png

Best Answer
Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Rob
Best Answer
0 Votes

This took me many, many tries, but I’ll post how I got success.

First, posts above are correct, it requires 802.11b which is legacy network. Having this in place is a must.

I still had issues though, my solution, when you get to choose the network DON’T.

Mine failed at this point every time.

Choose add additional, type in the network name (yes even if it’s the same) and password - that got me to the point that the network actually saved.

I think there’s an error in the web script that stops the device from receiving when you choose the network, actually might be with newer browsers - I though about hacking the code, but I’ve spent too much time on this stupid piece of junk. Currently researching alternatives, won’t be FitBit that’s for sure, but at least it works for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rattyman, thanks for your post. Having moved over to NBN I now don’t have a 802.11b band - so my Aria won’t sync, thanks Again👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really a crappy answer to a problem you’ve had with the Aria for years. Here I am again, I have used the same orbi network with the xFi network and it was connected for many months. I also spent hours of time to get it working. Now, no changes to my network, yet it hasn’t been syncing since 2/5. It’s sad that after all the years we’ve been punished by FitBit’s inability to fix this problem, we still have to screw around. You should have recalled the old Arias. Why don’t you now? I hate the ARIA and FITBIT because of this issue. 

It’s time for FitBit to step up and make amends. How about it? Now?

Jon

Best Answer

I have spent 3 days trying to reconnect my phone and laptop to my aria scale due to a password change.  Only a password change.  Why the heck you can't just have decent programmers that have a password change on the browser is beyond me. You turned my scale into a paper weight or a weapon once flung from my window. Its garbage and the chat response to day was worse. Your customer service has tanked, a decent programmer could have fixed this issue and I'm guessing its because GOOGLE wants us to spend more money. 

I have screen shot my chats with your team members who repeat the same thing over and over and don't seem to read what is written to them or lack the ability to understand it. Your customer service used to be really great and now its at the GOOGLE we don't care level. How about you take back my practically new Charge 3 too? It just blacks out.

Thanks for added stress to an already stressful time.

Best Answer

Its been TWO YEARS???????

Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue was resolved a long time ago. I wish this post would disappear. I tried to delete it over the years and have never been able to do so.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What was the fix?  I just changed my batteries today...and it started doing what the 100s of other people complained about.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was so long ago that I don’t remember exactly. I believe that I had to connect the devices using the desktop computer which was already connected to wifi. Good luck!

Christina
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Christina!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We changed our router two weeks ago. We’ve tried for hours to set up with no luck.  This scale is way too expensive to not connect to the WiFi.  Very unhappy. 

Best Answer

My apologies if you have already read and tried all of these things but just in case here is some information that might help. The Aria One can only connect to a WiFi network that operates on the 2.4 Ghz band and using a protocol called 802.11b which is really old technology. Not all new routers will support this and those that do have to be specially configured to allow for it. Most new routers that you just plug in and then just use all of the default settings will be 5GHz and 802.11 g/n/ac but many can also be set up for "dual band" which means you can set up another wifi network on it that is 2.4GHz. In the WiFi router setup for the 2.4 GHz it may not specify 802.11b but instead will have an option for "Legacy" which will need to be turned on. Every brand and model of router is different it seems. I have found with mine that if during the setup the name of the network doesn't show up then no 2.4/802.11b network is available. Other users though have found that they have to manually enter the name of their network and then the password to get it to work. On your laptop you can find out what are the properties of the WiFi network you are connected to. The process is different with various versions of Windows and Apple products so probably easiest if you just google “WiFi Connection Properties” and follow the instructions that apply for you. 2.4GHz provides a longer range and penetrates walls better but 5GHz is faster. Good luck with this. It should not be as painful as it is. I have struggled for days after something as simple as changing the batteries.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. All I did was change the batteries. It was working fine for two years. My router has the dual function and the ARIA is connected. I have the issue “STEP OFF SENSING ERR.”  It never did this before. 

Best Answer
0 Votes