Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Soooo I have come across a completely new issue. After what looked to be as though my aria was going flat, I inserted new batteries.

upon doing so the aria now won't display a thing, not even 'ERR'. Just completely blank! 

I have tried several types

of batteries, made sure they were in properly etc. Taken all the advice I've read up on and even what 'customer support' suggest. 

Whats fristrating is the support team ask me to send a pic of the 'ERR' display with other supporting evidence, yet the problem is it doesn't turn on at all, regardless. So they have been absolutely NO help. 

Has anyone got any idea why or how or where I can get the scale fixed/repaired or would it be worth just buying a new one? 

Prior to now I have never had an issue with this device. 

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

"Thanks for participating in the Fitbit community", "Thanks for participating in the Fitbit community", "Thanks for participating in the Fitbit community", 

Best Answer

Ok I think this is the only post from a user that got their system to turn on again after a battery change. Mine also did not survive a battery change. It seems this is a big problem.  I assumed that since the batteries were dead that the error was not due to some static shock killing the electronics. So the next thing is the connection since the darn thing was working before the batteries went out. First the springs on my original system are horrible flat things that you need to make sure are properly compressed to get good contact on the opposing positive pole. The batteries need to be flat.  The fitbit chaps say use alcohol which is a lousy connection cleaner but the idea is good. What I used was the CRC QD Electronic Cleaner (Fast drying) that I directly sprayed on the POSITIVE and NEGATIVE connectors and wiped with a terry cloth rag. The spray drys quickly and the lovely little monster turned on immediately when I inserted batteries. Go to radio shack or buy this on line to protect your landfill..... Still working a week after the "fix".   

Best Answer

Having this same issue. Tried 2 packs of batteries and even that alcohol cleaning non sense. Device does not power on whatsoever but my Fitbit app shows that aria has full battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help! I have done all the things that have been stated to get my Aria to work...nothing happens! Changed batteries, wiped contacts as stated, changed surface, and still nothing. Nothing on the screen, won’t even turn on. 

Thank you for your help,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community!  I threw mine away and purchased a Nokia scale.  I loved the Fitfit scale when it worked, but eventually it had never ending wifi connection issues and ultimately it would not turn on.

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same type of failure mode.  Replaced batteries multiple times - scale will not turn on.  Tried all of fitbits recommendations.  Not impressed with Fitbit's response that I'm seeing on this board.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called FitBit, explained what I did, and still it didn’t fix the problem.
So, they sent me a new one! Five days later it arrived and working with no problems. 😍
FitBit: ‭(877) 623-4997‬
Good luck!
Best Answer

I get the feeling Fitbit did a firmware update without telling me and bricked our devices.

Mine was working without issues and all of a sudden, my device no longer works.

Fitbit has a history of breaking functionality to force customers to buy newer devices.

No more. My surge has caused me to hate Fitbit. My Aria has caused me to never buy another Fitbit product again. You don't deserve my business anymore.

Best Answer

yup, never ever a fitbit device, failing after 1 year... my aria dont start... reset dont help, so bye bye fitbit, piece of crap

Best Answer

I think the ERROR message should read "We intentionally messed up your old Aria. We want you to buy  a new one"

Never wifi scales again giving companies direct backdoor access.

Best Answer
I got a hold of FitBit about the Aria.
They told me to take it into a Best Buy for recycle and sent me out a brand new one! I received it 4 days later.
No problems setting it up and it was the updated model. No complaints here!
Best Answer

Why are you No help. This sucks. Scale is 2 years old. This should not break down that fast. Not even an err message. Will never ever buy another one. You think people are stupid. We bought new batteries. We tried to setup again. We cleaned the contacts.btw that were not dirty.  How about a proper solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you use electrical contact cleaner? No affiliated with Fitbit just passing on what worked for me. Proper cleaning of contacts worked for me.

Robert S Balaban hand held.
Best Answer

Hi everyone! I totally understand your frustration about this. I truly appreciate your feedback and comments. This info will be sent to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

For more information about the warranty policies, please check out this page.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me.  All working perfectly for two years and now it's a brick 😞

Best Answer

Don't buy  another aria. Seems to be set to be scrapped within a certain amount of time.  Lot of other better scales and watches.

Best Answer

Would you believe that 2 of my new 4 batteries were duds.  So all working now, I could not see how to delete my post 🙂

Best Answer

@KevinMunro It's great to see new faces in the Community! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

@Jimkan Thank you very much for your feedback!

Let me know if you guys need further assistance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit It's great to see a moderator join thefit bit community! Too bad it's only to help the commenter who's problem already fixed its self!

Best Answer

@Peter10000 I really appreciate your feedback!

Best Answer
0 Votes