Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Soooo I have come across a completely new issue. After what looked to be as though my aria was going flat, I inserted new batteries.

upon doing so the aria now won't display a thing, not even 'ERR'. Just completely blank! 

I have tried several types

of batteries, made sure they were in properly etc. Taken all the advice I've read up on and even what 'customer support' suggest. 

Whats fristrating is the support team ask me to send a pic of the 'ERR' display with other supporting evidence, yet the problem is it doesn't turn on at all, regardless. So they have been absolutely NO help. 

Has anyone got any idea why or how or where I can get the scale fixed/repaired or would it be worth just buying a new one? 

Prior to now I have never had an issue with this device. 

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

Yea stop telling us over and over to clean the contacts cause they are clean. Still won’t turn on.

Yea I took mine apart but all connections are fine but the reset seems stuck it doesn’t click when pushed. I’ve only reset it a few times. I knew the batteries had died and replaced them. Bleh. This is sad. It says it was made in March 2012. I have my dads old medical office scale which was made in the 60s (Maybe earlier) in my garage and it works fine. Why can’t electronics be made to last? I have calculator from the 80s that’s still going. 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1614182704491.png

I guess Mr Scott was right when he said in Star Trek 3, “the more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to clog up the system!”

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Exactly! I’ve tried everything thing and still mine won’t turn on. Will never buy another Fitbit scale again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I searched through this thread.  I took the Aria apart.

It seemed that every wire was connected, and that the battery terminals were good.  I almost gave up, but I decided to give a gentle tug to each battery terminal wire, and low and behold, one of the red ones pulled away, with the tiniest bit of green corrosion around it.

I put a wood burner (I don't have a soldering gun) against the wire, burning off the plastic coating, and then soldered the wire to the terminal, and now my Aria is back and working again.  It's been... 8 or more years, and I'm glad to have my scale back.  I don't love how the wires are so trivial and light, but I'm glad that they made it accessible enough so that even a person who's soldered only 2 wires before could fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting us know. I actually gave up on my Aria and bought another scale.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. So, what other brand did you buy that you’re happy with? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Neena2, since you mentioned that your Aria scale is not turning on either, please try taking out the batteries, clean the contacts with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol in order to remove any dust or moisture that the contacts accumulate.

After this, please put the batteries again (a new set is possible) and see if it comes back to life.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried everything. Just bought a different scale. --
Salena Stalker
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Neena2, I'm sorry to hear that the issue persisted and you bought a different scale.

I totally understand how you feel and we appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving our products and services.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to provide some better support other than replace the batteries and clean the contacts. Please offer further troubleshooting, repair recommendations or tell us where we should send the scale for repair. It's insulting to customers to repeat the same basic steps which we have already tried and which are clearly not a remedy to the problem.

Best Answer

Which scale did you buy? My Aria just stopped working as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought Withings Body+
Best Answer
0 Votes

So did I 😃

I have had two failed Fitbit scales and one step tracker. Very disappointed with the lack of repair options

Best Answer

Me too, I just ran into the exact same problem with my Aria 2.  I was attempting to perform a reset as our WiFi password had changed and that was the only way I could figure out how to change the WiFi password.  I had put my Aria 2 into reset mode, got distracted and came back to it.  When I attempted to reset it the 2nd time it came up blank and won't come on anymore.  The batteries are fine, but I tried brand new ones anyway.  It won't come back on no mater what I do.  Has anyone figured out a solution?

-----------

This does not work

Best Answer
0 Votes
I trashed mine and bought another brand. Support is useless.
Best Answer

Did you try resetting your ARIA? Did you replace the batteries? I'd honestly respect the support more if they said I have NFI but these are the limited support tips you can try. Completely useless when the device is faulty. The broken feet issue is widespread and they have no support to address this design flaw. 

There are some good data migration options offered by 3rd parties for those who decide to move on and want their data

Best Answer
I tried all the troubleshooting steps. Nothing worked. It ended up in the trash. Support is useless.
Best Answer

That worked for me. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • This just happened to me. I had been getting emails from Fitbit/Aroa that my batteries needed replacing. I finally replaced them, and scale wouldnt turn on. Came to this forum, read to clean battery area, read that it doesnt work dfor people, decided fitbit was trying to scam ppl, then decided to follow instructions of cleaning battery contacts anyway. There was zero dust in the battery compartment.  Was 99.9% sure it wasn’t going to work. It did, though!  
  • I did the qtip dipped in alcohol and swished around the contact points after removing batteries. So I recommend trying it. Goid luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this cotton swab contact cleaning with new batteries still dead!  First, my new Fitbit sense died, and got a refurbished sense that fell off my wrist and broke the screen. Not under warranty not even 2 months after purchasing the brand new sense! Now the Aria Air is dead! WTF over?!

Best Answer
0 Votes