Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Soooo I have come across a completely new issue. After what looked to be as though my aria was going flat, I inserted new batteries.

upon doing so the aria now won't display a thing, not even 'ERR'. Just completely blank! 

I have tried several types

of batteries, made sure they were in properly etc. Taken all the advice I've read up on and even what 'customer support' suggest. 

Whats fristrating is the support team ask me to send a pic of the 'ERR' display with other supporting evidence, yet the problem is it doesn't turn on at all, regardless. So they have been absolutely NO help. 

Has anyone got any idea why or how or where I can get the scale fixed/repaired or would it be worth just buying a new one? 

Prior to now I have never had an issue with this device. 

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

@angusc @SunsetRunner Thank you for sharing this information. I'm sorry about the difficulties you experienced with your Aria scale. Your feedback is greatly appreciated since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed and changed the batteries, cleaned the connections, waited 15 seconds...nothing. I took them out again, waitied 15 seconds...nothing. I took them out again, waited, put them in, pressed the reset switch omce...nothing. Help!

Best Answer

@Clrich53 Thank you for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team and they'll be glad to follow up and provide a solution.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have called several times and I have been extremely disappointed in your
response to my problem with the Aria scale so consequently I have thrown it
out and I do not have confidence in investing in a new one. Therefore, I
have returned to my old fashioned scale that is 20 years old.
Yours truly 
--
Beryl

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@Berylmorton I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scale and you decided to return it. I know know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine either. Screen is blank. I'm on the 3rd set of batteries (and they are alkaline)

I'm so mad because to me, this scale was an investment. Any luck?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK. So i ran into this issue today and found this long thread of the issue happening for many people. I do think it can be caused by a number of issues, but a number of them are power related. Here is my situation and hopefully it will help for others. I have had my scale for a number of years and warranty is long gone. I took the scale apart, take out the two screws in the battery compartment (my model FB201B), then pry off the bottom case carefully. In my situation it was the negative (black) wire that broke off from the PCB (printed circuit board). Soldered it back and place and now everything is fine. Good luck to others.

Best Answer

Hi Angs

Please send me the fix. I have pulled my scale apart (since it stopped working just outside the warranty) but I am not finding any broken wires

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also got my unit working again after manually cleaning the battery contacts with a small knife. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This scale and the customer service team is such a joke. Our scale was confusing users for a couple of months and then wouldn’t turn on at all. Called customer service after trying the alcohol method and was told they could see the last time it worked was on September 14 but I was out of warranty since it was first used in January of 2018. This is 100% untrue since the first weight log I have in the app is in February of 2019 - ironically enough “they don’t have access to that information”. After reading all of the posts in this forum, it seems like y’all have a faulty product that you aren’t willing to stand behind when it fails your customers. One thing is for sure... FitBit won’t be getting another penny from my family in the future. 

Best Answer

I tried cleaning the connectors... no luck, still won't turn on.  First time in changing the batteries.  For over $100 it should last a lot longer than one lifespan of a regular battery!?!?

Best Answer

I tried everything! This is total junk. I can’t believe I paid over $100 for a scale that only lasted a few years. I will be letting everyone know not to waste their money. 

Best Answer

Same experience...........very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a recall on these scales? There is obviously a deeper issue considering the same thing is happening to a ridiculous amount of people, myself included. The scale was not cheap. 

Best Answer

Cleaning the terminals with alcohol swab worked!!! Thanks for the tip.

Best Answer

Perhaps you were still under warranty. What about the other people who are out of warranty?

i called Fitbit and they repeated the same nonsense, replace batteries, clean contacts, blah blah blah. When I told them that I’ve done all of that they said your product is defective. We can give you expedited shipping if you purchase new one! Seriously! First of all how can a product work one second and be defective the next. Secondly, buy a new one? That’s your solution? Do you think I would even bother buying a new one with this kind of customer service? Incredible! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I was out of warranty too, but they were still kind enough to send me a replacement. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How come they told me they can’t send me another one because I’m out of warranty? It seems like they are treating different customers different. I’m so pissed!

Best Answer

Don’t be pissed mate. Mine was quite some months back, perhaps Fitbit business was booming then and they could afford to be generous... now maybe Fitbit is hurting too... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine are.just about a month old and now won't turn on? I've have read through these posts and tried all the suggestions. My Fitbit app says the batteries are full, but it will not turn on, I tried new batteries anyway, but still nothing? Only purchased them in April???

Best Answer
0 Votes