Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Soooo I have come across a completely new issue. After what looked to be as though my aria was going flat, I inserted new batteries.

upon doing so the aria now won't display a thing, not even 'ERR'. Just completely blank! 

I have tried several types

of batteries, made sure they were in properly etc. Taken all the advice I've read up on and even what 'customer support' suggest. 

Whats fristrating is the support team ask me to send a pic of the 'ERR' display with other supporting evidence, yet the problem is it doesn't turn on at all, regardless. So they have been absolutely NO help. 

Has anyone got any idea why or how or where I can get the scale fixed/repaired or would it be worth just buying a new one? 

Prior to now I have never had an issue with this device. 

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

Was working this morning then stopped working.  Changed batteries and same issues.  Called tech support and they sending out fedex shipping label and will do a 1 for 1 swap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JHTrainor Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm so glad to hear that our Support team will replace your Aria scale. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

my Aria will not turn on also, there seems to be many complaints with this same issue, Cleaning and replacing batteries and resetting is not the fix? as most of the complaints expressed?

Best Answer

@Berylmorton Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Let me go ahead and help you to find a solution for your unresponsive Aria scale. I would just like to know if you have tried the workaround mentioned above. Also, let me know if the batteries that you are using for your Aria are not rechargeable since some of these contain less voltage. This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

Thank you for your time with this! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hello all,

Had the same problem screen stayed off.. tried 2 packs of batterys, tried reset button, put it on flat surface but nothing. I read about cleaning the contacts, but didnt have much hope..

But for me CLEANING the contacts worked. Fitbit aria working again 😄 

Take your time to clean it and i hope it will fix your problem too.

Best Answer

@Ruben075 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! That's great news! I'm glad to hear that cleaning the contacts got your Aria scale back to life. Thank you for posting the update here!

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Another note, cleaning the contacts made me get rid of another problem : my scale sometimes didnt turn off.. now it does. 👌

Best Answer

@Ruben075 That's great news! It's good to know that your scale is working properly now!

Don't hesitate to get back whenever you need assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I've joined the dead Aria scale movement.  did all the "fixes" and nothing.  I would be pleasantly surprised if a moderator actually offered a helpful solution....please.

Best Answer
You should live chat the Customer Support folks, they will send you a free
replacement. Just received mine two days ago.
Best Answer
--
Beryl
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kittyharris It's nice to have you aboard in the Community! Thank you for trying all the troubleshooting steps recommended for this issue. Since the issue persists, let me send your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to assist you further.

@JefferySung Welcome to the forums! Thank you for your feedback and the recommendation you provided.

@Berylmorton Your post is blank. Would you please provide more details so I can assist you further.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@freddyisbest your post on this thread fixed mine! Thanks for posting :

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alyndrea Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that you found @freddyisbest's post helpful. Thank you for posting the update here.

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board, you'll be able to meet more people, tell your stories and start your own topics.

I'll be around if you need more assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

After years of working without fault, today my Aria failed to turn on when I tried to use it. Given it's been a few months since last use, I assumed some new batteries would fix the problem. No luck, though my Fitbit account said the last sync was only a week ago, and nothing had even touched it in that week. A quick google led me here which didn't provide any clear solutions. 

Turns out the problem was a broken wire. I posted the full details  here but the post disappeared, I believe it was "moderated" as spam. If anyone is interested in the solution feel free to send me a dm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@angusc It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not turning due to a broken wire. Let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

After years of working without fault, today my Aria failed to turn on when I tried to use it. Given it's been a few months since last use, I assumed some new batteries would fix the problem. No luck, though my Fitbit account said the last sync was only a week ago, and nothing had even touched it in that week. A quick google led me here which didn't provide any clear solutions.

Given it's long out of warranty with out any hope of replacement and since it looked most like a faulty connection, I decided to open it up and see, turns out its very straightforward to open without damaging, unlike so many electronic cases these days. Sure enough, one of the four wires coming from the batteries was disconnected. See in the attached picture:

Note left-most red wire is detachedNote left-most red wire is detached

I reconnected it and the scale powered up without problems. Now I just have to find a soldering gun to reattach it permanently.

As to how/why this happened, there are compression marks in the insulation of the four wires coming from the battery just below where they connect to the circuit board. In the picture you can see the indents from the reflection of the light of the flat areas.Looking at the inside of the back cover (removed to get access to the inside), there's a frame around the battery area that looks like it's what was pushing down on the wires. I'm assuming stepping on it put just enough pressure on that red wire to disconnect it.

Hope this helps someone else.

Note: Reposting this full description on the suggestion of one of the forum community council members who agreed it did not violate the guidelines, yet was removed without notification the first time.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, tried everything that was suggested on this forum except opening up the unit. My scale has been out of warranty and I did try to contact CS. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do for me. Poor quality with these scales. They should last longer in my opinion if you are using them as intended. Will be looking for another brand on my next scale. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I have the same problem, tried everything that was suggested on this forum except opening up the unit. My scale has been out of warranty and I did try to contact CS. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do for me. Poor quality with these scales. They should last longer in my opinion if you are using them as intended. Will be looking for another brand on my next scale. 

Mine did last for 6 years, but wasn't used consistently. Probably in the range of ~500 measurements during that time. Given that my parents were using the same bathroom scale for 25 years, I'd agree with things not lasting. 

Just my $0.02, but if it's out of warranty you have nothing to loose by looking if it's a simple problem like a loose wire. The back opens easily with a standard screwdriver (believe it was Philips). I actually tested my fix with electrical tape first to see if it worked and used it that way for a few days until I found a soldering iron to attach it permanently.

Might save the cost of a new one, and save another bit of electrical waste from the landfills.

Best Answer

@angusc I took it apart today and checked all the wires. All are intact. Nothing abnormal with the wires. Did notice that the GS1011MEE SOC wifi module showed signs of "rust" on the edge of chip not the leads themselves as this IC sits on a separate PCB that sits on the main PCB. I use my volt meter to verify I was getting 3V on both sides of the PCB. Something could have shortened out the Wifi module (although no signs of burn devices noticed). Thanks for your tip. 

Best Answer
0 Votes