Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection error on Aria 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I got an Aria 2 scale with a Christmas Amazon voucher and set it up with little problem.

However my hub was getting old and losing its connection so Virgin Media sent me a new hub today.

I’ve connected everything else in the house successfully to the new hub except my Aria 2 scales.

It appears to connect successfully but I’ve noticed that the app doesn’t appear to save the network connection details.

The scales themselves keep showing “Connection Error”.

I’ve tried to connect now at least a dozen times. I’ve also tried deleting the app from my phone and reinstalling it. And also getting the app to forget the scales and then re-adding them.

I really think the issue is a software one - because as soon as the scales connect ok - the app then just shows a blank where the network should be.

The scales themselves are still working fine.

Hoping someone can help me please?

thanks

Ruth

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Liverpool-Ruth I totally understand how you feel about this. I'm afraid to say that the Aria scales connect with protocol 802.11b or mixed mode (b, g, n). I appreciate your feedback and understanding with this.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

@Liverpool-Ruth Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the setup difficulties you've experienced with your Aria 2. However, I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your scale could be connected to your new hub.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply.

i’m still seeing the same issue today.

i will try and reconnect and see if it works this time.

thanks

Hi JuanJo,

its a little different today - in the app (on my iPhone 8 Plus on ios12) it now shows the Aria 2 connected to my new WiFi hub and it looks like the Aria 2 synced with the app late last night. However I’m still seeing the same connection error on the scales when I weighed myself just now.

Any ideas?

thanks

Ruth

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, the problem persisted. Our Aria 2 says connection error after weighing. It would then sync with our router once per day automatically, recently just before 2pm GMT. I tried the various fixes in the post, none returned it to update each time we weighed in. After weighing it currently says connection error.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Gosh I’m seeing this too - but only since I swapped my WiFi hub on Wednesday. My scales have synced at 23:55 each night since but not at the point of weighing!

Just to let you know my Aria 2 again synced overnight - again at 23:55!

noticed that a few other users are having the same issue.

Any ideas?

thanks

Ruth

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have a look at the following help file. It explains what each of the error messages means and offers suggestions for each. Hopefully, the error you are getting is on there.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1489/

It's strange that your scale doesn't have a reset button. Are you sure that it's the Aria 2 and not the original Aria? The Aria 2 has 3 batteries, the Aria has 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Out if interest who's your broadband provider? I'm with virgin, I have the white hub3 router but haven't changed it, the scales worked fine with this router for c5-6 months.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s definitely an Aria 2. I’ve only had it since Christmas and yes it has 3 batteries.

i’ve tried Multiple times to reconnect it to my network. It always says it’s connected on the app but then the scales display the connection error message.

It does seem to be syncing overnight.

i did put all this in my original post.

How do I contact customer support?

Not sure why my reply was accepted as a solution.

as far as I’m concerned my issue is NOT resolved. I’ve barely owned the scales a month and they no longer work as expected.

I’m with Virgin too. My old hub was a 2. This new one is a 3 but it’s black not white

Best Answer

I have the same problem getting connection error. I had Aria 2 scales for Christmas they worked fine for a month then stared getting connection error .I contacted customer services who sent me new scales under warranty the new scales worked for 3 days then i started getting connection error again. I was told it was a firewall on my virgin hub but I contacted virgin who have said there is no firewall on the hub. They also said they have had a lot of calls about this issue and said the issue is with fitbit and not  virgin.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. It’s good to know it’s not just my issue.

My scales do at least sync overnight each day - at the moment anyhow - so I guess that’s something.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@southpole @Liverpool-Ruth I'm sorry about the error message that your Aria scales are displaying. Are your routers running the protocol 802.11b? Is the error message still displaying?

See you around guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi JuanJoFitbit,
Just been Googling and no it seems my new Virgin hub 3.0 does not use this protocol but rather this one 802.11ac standard.
The posts I’ve seen indicate that 802.11b is rather old technology these days?
It’s disappointing that scales which I only bought in December don’t work with up to date technology. 😞
At least my scales are syncing up overnight.
Ruth
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Liverpool-Ruth I totally understand how you feel about this. I'm afraid to say that the Aria scales connect with protocol 802.11b or mixed mode (b, g, n). I appreciate your feedback and understanding with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the confirmation JuanJo.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Liverpool-Ruth You are very welcome. Don't hesitate to get back if more questions arise!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had my Aria 2 scale for a full year, when all of a sudden mid December 2018 it started writing "connection error". Scale reset several times, then changed under varanty, new scale exact same problem. Connects without problems to my wifi with checkmark at the scale, but whenever syncing "connection error". Frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Liverpool-Ruth No problem my friend! See you around!

@lene-jan Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is also showing a "Connection Error" message even though you restarted it a few times. I'd like you to restart your router and set up your Aria 2 from scratch as advised in this help article. After this, try weighing yourself 5 times in a row and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will this help? I understood the issue to be that the Aria 2 scales need 800.11b on the router and my router is running 800.11ac?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My router was using 5Hz and not 2.4Hz I got interent provider to change it and alls fine now

Best Answer