Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

I'm afraid I don't have any advice, but I have to echo your very valid question, "why is this so hard?"  From unboxing to having my weight recorded in a different app took 3 minutes flat.  It should be THAT quick and easy.  But for some reason, Fitbit is 100% cool with many of their customers, who spend a lot of money on their products, suffering unnecessarily through this inscrutable set-up process that fails for lots and lots of people.  It disappoints, offends and aggravates me that they ~ for YEARS (at least 6) ~ have allowed this tech travesty to persist.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats really great to hear! Ive been down this dark road too many times unfortunately. Mine is still working but I’m waiting for the...next time. 🙂 

It may be a pain to get setup but The key is to be able to log in to your WiFi router and check settings. The 802.11 needs to be “g” to work and it has to be 2.4 GHz, not 5.0. 

Unfortunately this is advanced stuff for most. Comcast login is 10.0.0.1 and the default login is admin. There is much more...

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have spent more hours on this per week then I work out. The ARIA is
diminishing my health as mad as it makes me everyday.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I spent hours trying to fix the err message. I spent so much time on it I wanted to help some else when I solved it. I have xfinity internet and just got a dual speed router and it wouldn't work with the new router. i got the Infinity xFi app for my phone. when you are in the app go to adv setting the first section manage your wifi mode and hit edit and pick the wifi mode with the b in it. hope this helps. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all the suggested solutions and none worked, so I'm posting this on the off chance someone is still banging their heads against the wall on this. I turned my phone into a mobile hotspot and used that as the WiFi network for Aria to connect to. It took all of 2 minutes and the scale connected no problem. I created a hotspot widget on my home screen and I'll turn on my mobile hotspot when I want to upload my latest measurements. Hope this helps someone still struggling with this! It is definitely the XFinity router because it worked up until we relocated to a new state and replaced the router. 

Best Answer

Once you find out which protocol your wifi runs on, what do you do to get Aria to connect?

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have xfinity, get the xFi app for your smartphone. Go to network at the bottom of the screen. Advanced settings. 2.4 and 5 ghz. Select 802. 11 b, g, n on the 2.4. Or whatever you see with b in it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps to fix

-put this in your browser on your pc or mac.  http://10.0.0.1/

-I have two signals. 2.4 ghz &  5ghz.  I was only able to use the 2.4 ghz.  

-I changed it to the 802.11 b/g/n 

-Then followed the setup procedure of the aria with my iPhone and it worked.  

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 7.24.38 PM.png

Best Answer

Also (in addition to the b/g/n protocols active), make sure your scale is as close to the router as possible when you set it up. Within a foot, if at all possible. That's the only way I was able to set it up. After that, I could move it further and still connected to wifi.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, hope you are doing great! I would like to follow up and would like to know if you have checked and made sure that your routers have the settings that @SpaceTurkey pointed out. Also, make sure that your Aria scales are close to your routers as @rosanae advised. These are great troubleshooting steps.

Finally, please follow the setup process as advised in this post and let me know if your scales get set up or if you get any error message. I'll be happy to follow up and find a solution.

See you all later guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a better suggestion. Ditch the Aria1 and get an Aria2. I've had no problems with the Aria2 and so many with the Aria1!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

[How am I doing? Recognize Me.]

Best Answer
0 Votes
I checked my router and my 2.4ghz band does have the correct settings. My
5ghz band doesn't have the b/g/n option, it only has a "ac/n' or "n only"
option. However, my router is set to allow devices to connect to the
appropriate bandwidth, so I would think it would just connect to the 2.4.
Am I wrong? I also did try connecting with the scale beside the router and
followed the setup directions. I am still receiving an ERR and this is
very frustrating. The only thing I haven't tried is changing my router
password from the default that currently contains special characters as I
would then have to change it on 15 other devices.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That also worked for me with the new Comcast router.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@daboyzpop Thank you for your interest in the Aria 2. I appreciate your feedback and I'm glad to hear that your new Aria 2 is working properly. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

@lynette330 Thanks for getting back! Since you mentioned that your WiFi password includes special characters, this may be the reason why it doesn't connect. I know that changing the password for the other devices is frustrating. However, the Aria connects with router with alphanumerical passwords only.

@rosanae Thanks a lot for your help my friend!

Keep me posted guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

THIS!!!!  All day long....

Best Answer

I tried this, and did not work, but even if it did, you are seriously suggesting we change the protocol for our whole network just to make the Fitbit device work?

Seriously?

My trackers are working, why not the Aria? Wouldn't a bios update or a software patch on the scale would be a more sensible solution.

I really like Fitbit. So far, your service and products are excellent, and I am a living promotion for your you, so, let's move on, and dig there so see if there is a more logical and sensible solution to get the scale back to work.

Best Answer
Not spending a single dime more on this crap. I spent hours trying to get it to connect. Ended up getting an IPhone watch and gave away the fitbit along with the scale. The scale worked for me for two weeks. Very dissatisfied with it.

Sent from an iPhone
Please excuse it's brevity and any typographical errors.
Best Answer

My Aria 1 stopped syncing on 3/20/18...sounds like this is a known common problem after looking at all of the posts here.  I'm NOT buying another scale...if I do...it will NOT be a FitBit.  This is crazy...it was completely working fine until Wednesday.  It's connected to my WiFi, so it's not my connections.  I am NOT changing my configurations on my home network for a silly scale and then having to change everything else...I'll go buy a competitors first.

I have always had special characters in my home network - because who doesn't??? - and it worked right for the past several YEARS until 3/20.  Something is up on YOUR end.

My Aria 1 worked PERFECTLY until 3/20.  Then POOF!!!  Nothing.  Can't sync.  I'm NOT buying another scale.  Nothing about my network configuration changed.  It's them...not me.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I just had to change the batteries in mine today.  What a mistake.  It had been connecting fine until I put them in.  Now all I get is ERR over and over again.  It gave me a hard time the last time I had to change them too.  I'm going to shop for another brand.  This has got to be the worst interface I've ever had to deal with.

Best Answer

UPDATE:  Just spent over an hour on chat with FitBit and it still doesn't work. 

One expensive paperweight.....

Best Answer
0 Votes