Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

I am with you! I have tried every "fix" that fitbit has said and NONE have worked. The only thing it has successfully done was slow down my internet, change my router name and password and disconnected ALL my other devices. So thanks fitbit for creating old technology that has just caused me more headaches. I wish I would have known this would happen, I feel like a fool for paying $130 for a scale that doesnt do anything more then the $20 target brand scale. 

Best Answer
I am not seeing anything I have not already done.

This just stopped working, without any change in my hardware, in March.

I have since replaced the Aria and the access point.  When I say I have spent hours trying to make this work, I literally have.  This includes a lot of time on the phone with Fitbit.

I own a brand new Aria scale now.  I am also waiting on a new scale, from a different company, to arrive today.

Shame on Fitbit for not doing more to fix this.  Even if the network is the issue, someone should have met with Comcast to sort this out.

What has happened with me has permanently damaged my view of the Fitbit brand.  I won’t buy anything else made by Fitbit.  I will tell anyone who is in the market for a smart scale about my experience.
Best Answer

@drmeiswinkel   I'm with you.  It's not just a Comcast Issue.  This is totally a Fitbit Issue.  I ended up getting a Nokia scale and I Love it.  It supports many different wifi bands so it works with almost any service.  Good Luck!!

Michele from Belleview, Florida
Best Answer
Hours here too. Plus my husband has tried, multiple times. And he's tech savvy. Very frustrating. I just gave up and doing it manually. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have no confidence in them resolving the issue with the scale I feel like I have been scammed the cable company Comcast even came out and they attempted to no avail even following is complicated directions that they sent me and Comcast didn't have to do that but I've been with Comcast for so long. This is definitely a Fitbit issue!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I could do it manually. I could have done that with the $15 scale I
replaced with the Aria. You and I should have real, working options.

Two Aria scales and one new access point and still no working network
logging option.

Too late fo return new Aria. How could I sell it to someone without taking
a major loss? Or, lie and make a few more dollars knowing it doesn’t
support it’s main novelty!

If you like, I’ll mail you mine so you can two matching bookends!

Fitbit has known something is wrong for a while.

Shame on Fitbit!
--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kent Meiswinkel, Ph.D.
麥肯特 博士
drmeiswinkel.com
drmeiswinkel@gmail.com
Best Answer

I found the perfect solution - I simply donated it to the regional refuse collection facility and put a battery in my ‘dumb’ scale 😀

Best Answer
Great Idea!!I have a Ikea scale that ju st needs a battery. I'm tired of going around in circles with Fitbit.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

😀😊

Thx for the laugh.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree.....Its just taking up space. And mine is practically brand-new out the only thing I used it for was weighing myself wasn't like I did headstands or cooked on it or used it for a cutting board.  and I cannot sell it to anyone in good conscience  knowing that is defective. Im not that kind of person even though Fitbit did that to me.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I am sorry but I am not even able to find an additional settings tab on my xfinity page??

Best Answer

@candycast Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Regarding your inquiry, in order to find your network settings, please get in touch with your Internet service provider so they can guide you how to find the settings.

Let me know if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you steps JuanJoFitbit.  Unfortunately i'm still unable to resolve, and perhaps this is because i'm on the new Gateway... but i'm yet to complete the b/g/n step as only g/n are available no matter how many times i repeat the sequence.  Thoughts?  thanks in advance.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aU9M3EkFv79zAXoZ7

Best Answer
0 Votes

Router settings did not affect my issues. A new router and a new Aria didn’t help either.  I am reading more postings and seeing very common themes that Fitbit should be acting upon. For example: Many people saw network connectivity end in March! What happened in March?   I can’t wait on Fitbit to support a product that I bought for my health.  And had surgery for weight success.  That’s why I spent $400 on Aria scales in the first place!

I have purchased the Renpho bluetooth body scale.  It seems to be doing everything I needed the Aria to do.  It cost less than $100 and os working very well.  Extremely easy set up!  Not even a paragraph of instructions!  Totally compatable with Apple fitness applications.  I wish I had bought one of these before I replaced the Aria!  You don’f have to pay $200 for a scale that doesn’t log your weights!  You can pay $60, on Amazon, for one that does it better than Aria ever did!

i am not kidding when I ask if someone in Silicon Valley may want my Aria before I pitch it in the garbage.  It works like any cheap scale... except it’s very slow to read weight.  No wifi funcfionality or remedy from Fitbit on support or forums, unfortunately!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This is the process I went through with their technician. I was happy it worked.  Only worked that one day. Guess I'll try it again. Anxious for another solution. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it didn't last, it was not a solution. Fitbit needs to get this working
for those of us who haven't replaced their product. And, for those of us
who want to sell these scales after we had to replace them to stay on our
health programs... after months without a remedy.

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the time invested in trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned above. Please take a look at my post in this thread where I mentioned an update about this issue.

I appreciate your time and patience with this. Let me know if you guys have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @JuanJoFitbit - I do have doubts.   This has been an issue since March.  I too, like @drmeiswinkel have purchased a Renpho bluetooth body scale and it is AMAZING.    It's less than $30 right now, and gives you far more detail.   First time I stepped on it I was impressed, then I got off, waited a minute, then got back on just to see, and guess what - I weighed EXACTLY the same.  I still have my fitbit scale - I will be offering it up (FREE)  to non-Xfiinity users in my area - maybe someone can use it.  I would hate to just throw it away, but after 3 months, I'm tired of looking at it.  

Best Answer

I’ve done it and it works; temporarily. It goes right back to not syncing the next day. Last time I changed the settings on the modem (Monday), and set them back like before, it caused problems with our other devices to log into the network. Eventually we got it to work but if that is going to keep happening, I’ll just manually put the results in the app but it’s disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit I tried this tip however as I stated in my post the newest Xfinity/Comcast modems no longer support 802.11 b. As Modems advance for speed and security reasons the old antiquated hardware needs to be updated too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes