• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620
@Marydu I really didn't think you would be doing back flips, thought it might amuse you. I really wanted to point you to the article on Jenni who did not let a fall and being paralyzed stop her from her love of hooping.
@fuller, I'm glad you popped in.. Do you really test all the hoops before shipping? I suggested a smaller hoop because it is not needed to go around the waist and is easier to control. Ie maybe not bang the wheel chair as much., also will have more room between the hoop and ground.
Best Answer
@Rich_Laue - I know you weren't promoting back flips, but it is amazing to watch - especially since lots of folks consider "disabled" as not being able to do ANYTHING! Even though I wouldn't try it, it is inspirational - us old crippled folk are NOT to be counted out - ever! Looked into a lighter wheelchair. First, a regular wheelchair (at the place I was looking) is $395 and weighs 36 pounds. A "lighter" wheelchair is 20 pounds and closer to $1,000 - for 16 pounds - I CAN muscle my chair around!! For $1,000 I can do all sorts of things!!
Best Answer

@Marydu even at 16 pounds, i suggest you not try a backflip. LOL. Yes that is what i wanted people to see, disability does not mean handicap.

Have you seen this wheelchair designed for dancing? The person body essentially  becomes the joy stick, making movements very intuitive . 

Best Answer

Nice to see you around fitbitters! Robot LOL

I'm happy to see all your posts. Allow me to share with you why I must be a Fitbit addict too.

* when I don't go to the market if my tracker is not charged

* when I feel guilty to see people walking and I stay still

* when I visit a neighbors instead of call,  just to have more steps

Nice to see that I'm not alone on this, have a good one! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

1. You purposely take smaller steps as you walk to gather more steps.

2. You walk up and down your only flight of stairs in your house 50 times because you want to reach a new high. 

Best Answer

LOL  But that would be 12 steps!!

Best Answer

I'm 70 and get 30 to 35 mi per week. Started with a Flex, went to Charge it broke and they replaced it with an Alta but I just realized it doesn't track floors and I average 60 floors a day, do a lot of hills. Kind of a bummer because I have all kinds of floor related badges

Best Answer

When you have a charger at home, work, car, and a spare in case one fails.

Best Answer

When you want to get up and walk around the office, but it's only a few minutes before the hour, so you decide to wait until after the top of the hour so all those steps are counted towards your 250 in the next hour (especially if you've already gotten 250 in the current hour).

Best Answer

@morryd If it isn't what you want, contact Customer Service and see if it can't be exchanged for one that is more suited to what you want.  For me the Alta is perfect because I can't wear the HR.  But I am an oddity in that respect probably.

Currently Blaze plus Alta as back up which is THE perfect combo! One
Best Answer

@DanielleinDC  The other option is try to add an additional 250 at the top of the hour, then be sure you run over into the next hour and do that 250 at the same time (for a total at one time of 500).  Then if you get tied up at the top of the next hour, do it the next time for another 500+.  LOL!  I've used that tactic when I want a "power nap" and am afraid I will miss my steps for the coming hour.

Best Answer

@Donna_K Well, if I've already gotten my 250 for the current hour, why not wait until the next hour to start again?

Best Answer
Welcome, add my name & I will friend you, we walk all the time, you go girl, 70, I'm 70 also

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I'm going to be going backwards - body parts - back/hip, neck and knee are seriously upset - so I made an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon. Guess I will be heading for the 5th back surgery, 2nd neck and new right knee after all. That's okay - one thing I'm really good at is having surgery - can't keep this old broad down (for long). One thing, after surgery they drag your butt out of bed and get you walking immediately - I'll make sure my Alta is on me - not "wasting" those steps, that's for sure!! But, in the meantime, I'll walk. I don't see the surgeon until 12/6, then there will be the usual tests, they'll have to decide what to cut up first, get approval by my insurance company and all that, so I'm sure the cutting me up part won't start until January at the earliest. Until then - it's one foot in front of the other..........oh and don't fall!
Best Answer

Keep that attitude, @Marydu, and you'll do great!  You're right about them getting you up and walking right after surgery. Last February when I had my 6-hour spine surgery, the very next morning the PT guy came in and got me out of bed and walking down the hall - with much help and a walker, but I was walking.   Keep on Stepping!

Best Answer

@DanielleinDC  Weeellllllllllll, it is one way to get in 500 steps for an hour instead of only 250.  Or as an alternate, do your steps at the top of the hour, take that nap your body has been craving-but not more than 45 minutes or you won't want to get moving again.

Best Answer

You know you are a Fitbit addict when you start appearing in pictures on Facebook and Instagram and you see that in each of those pics you have your Fitbit on. Smiley Very Happy That's when you realize you are a Fitbit addict. 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Wow I must admit your doing g fantastic well done, it's great that you stay
so fit keep it up
Best Answer

@Marydu Hope they start at the top and work their way down, so you can keep on walking!  That's my vote for the order of things...neck, back, and lastly knee!

Best Answer
Didn't think about that, so true here too.😊Always have on, intell need charge lol
Best Answer