• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

I hit a low of 144 a couple months ago but have sadly gained a few pounds back. I hope it's because I'm gaining muscle--I should have my fat percentage analyzed--but I'm not so sure.

I am glad that I moved up to using five-pound dumbbells instead of three.

And when my boyfriend and I visit his mom in upstate NY around Christmas, I'm going to have to find a way to get my 10,000 steps, even if it's walking up and down the hall.

Best Answer

@Donna_KYou have done really well so far so be proud of that in itself.

Im sure you will get some more off before the wedding. Do keep us posted.

The friend request isnt working right now unless you have the Dashboard URL. So I will send you a PM.

It is being worked on though!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

That is surely me!  Love this Fitbit.  I really want that 10,000 steps number!!!!!!

Best Answer

I was pacing getting in steps while waiting to be called to get a bone density test.  The receptionist asked me if I was okay.  They laughed when I explained.

Best Answer

I pace while waiting for the elevator. At my office building, that can sometimes take a few minutes because the **ahem**ty building seems not to have them all running.

Best Answer

@DanielleinDC how does your clothing fit?  When a pression losses fast and gain muscle the clothing usually gets baggy and the pants fall down.  

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue My pants are fairly loose. I can take some pairs off without unbuttoning, and I have to wear a belt. They were never particularly tight, but now they've quite loose on me.

Best Answer

@BarbaraH.  I was working with a fellow nurse on a sewing project when I saw your post.  She and I had a good giggle over it!

Currently Blaze plus Alta as back up which is THE perfect combo! One
Best Answer

@DanielleinDC That is awesome! Time for some new pants!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

There you go @DanielleinDC, your weight is being redistributed. 🙂 

Actually this is not uncommon when somebody increases their activity.

At first they weight comes of a little or not depending on.how soon the muscle starts to increase. Remember that a pound of muscle takes up less space then a pound of fat. If your weight hasn't changed, but your clothing is looser then less fat more muscle.

Best Answer

You know you are a Fitbit addict when you are getting a new pair of running shoes this Christmas because the previous pair you had just broke for being so addicted to running! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR wrote:

You know you are a Fitbit addict when you are getting a new pair of running shoes this Christmas because the previous pair you had just broke for being so addicted to running! Smiley Happy

Possible to switch between running and yoga, so your shoes last longer.. Cat Wink @SantiR

cat-yoga

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner That is a very good idea! I got my new shoes for Christmas Smiley Very Happy, I'm going to alternate running and yoga. They will last longer for sure!

@USAF-Larry hahaha! So awesome! Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I can relate to walking, pacing and jogging back and forth for hours on end to hit my target goal. And I did. House stepping helped me earn my 65k badge on monday

Best Answer

That is great. I love your post. It made my day. 

Best Answer

Nice one. 

Best Answer

Get your Optometrist to get you the face lift. After my accident they didn't find a stress fracture from the airbag hitting my face. Over several years my face features started to drop 1st causing me to think I was getting tunnel vision because I couldn't see anything on the side of me without turning my head but the skin and bone around the eyes and mouth were causing the problem so a Plastic Surgeon lifted and fixed the areas around the eyes so now I see perfectly and in the middle of getting two teeth implants so my mouth area will no longer look deformed and I'll be able to start eating solid foods again.  So check with your Optometrist and convince him it's needed so you can see.😀

Best Answer

You know you re an addict when your wife used to ask you to go shopping with her and you now ask her!!

Best Answer

Your Fitbit falls off, and u Wait, wait, wait & then send u new one, and still not HERE! So I sit by door, so don't miss Fed Ex and not sure why customer service keeps telling telling me on way. I even have alerts

on  phone. They should give a free band for the  wait

Best Answer