Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit blaze that is completely dead. I cannot charge the battery and when I plug it in, the screen turns on like normal, but even after I allow it time for a full charge, the battery says it is completely dead.  I think it needs a reset or something along those lines, but I can't utilize any of the buttons or anything like that because the battery is dead.  Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

Sorted received new one thanks Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope your new fitbit functions as it is supposed to...

Best Answer

Yes the new Fitbit is working fine no problems thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unless your Fitbit is still under the one year warranty, the customer service is less than helpful.  My battery lasts less than 48 hours and I have tried all the tips.  Fitbit refuses to replace as it is 6 months out of the warranty.  All they offered was a 25% coupon towards another Fitbit product.

Best Answer

I talked to customer service and they did not help.  All I got was a 25% off coupon for a new product. 

Best Answer

This is by no means a fix, however,  I believe they are finally realizing that their programming is the problem. The new update increased my battery life to 3 days. Still not the 5 days I was getting 6 months ago, but an improvement over 36 hours. And you're right. Support is a joke. Strange that this issue coincided with the rollout of their model though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When they start giving 100% off a new product, then I'll give them a
"thumbs-up"! I took my first Blaze back to the store where it was
purchased and they gave me a brand new one. When I first placed it into
service it wouldn't sync but the battery life was a solid 5 days. Then it
started syncing (but only manually) but the battery only lasted a day and a
half after a full charge. Fitbit sent me a new one and told me to throw
the old one in the recycle bin. So...now I'm on #3 but if this one won't
hold a charge, I'm getting my money back.

--
Gordon
Best Answer

Sorry - tried to copy and paste something but it didn't work out...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I don't have any updates available at this time but will try it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you 100%. 7 months into owning my fit bit, it started flooding it's charge very quickly. I ended up so frustrated with needing to charge it everyday so I stopped wearing it a little over a month ago. Today I decided to plug it in. The screen lights up, says it has 100% battery. I took it out of the charger and no power. I put it back in, and decided to sync it. Sync went through without any problem. Kept it charging, and it and the app on my phone both say battery is at 100%, so I don't even get a charging symbol. Take it out of the charger, and nothing. I am frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call support and complain. Still under warranty, shouldn't be a major problem. Tell them exactly what its doing. Also there are going to ask if you have all the "extra's" turned. All day sync, auto turn on, alarms and music control. Will also ask if you have cleaned it properly and hasn't been wet. Remember, they can see all your settings and when you've tried to charge. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I talked to support. They said it is not under warranty and I should
purchase a new one. They tracked my battery and agreed there was a problem
they just don't think it is their job to fix it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Their standard response. Ask to talk to a supervisor. Do you have your receipt? They screw up the warranty dates in their system to change your purchase date. I bought mine thru the Fitbit site, and they insisted I purchased it 8 months before I actually did. This is a very convenient problem for them.  And that's not fishy at all.

Best Answer
I bought it at Best Buy and it was a birthday gift so I know the date. I
am just so surprised by the lack of service. Years ago, before fitness
trackers were common, I had a Garmin GPS unit to track my running mileage.
It started acting up and they replaced 7 years after my purchase. I had
to pay shipping. My brother just bought a Garmin fitness watch and LOVES
it so maybe I will look into that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi so I've had my Blaze almost a year now with no problems. I can usually get 4 days and 3 nights on one charge with all the options on. Since the firmware update... my blaze's battery only lasts 1 1/2 days!! I've tried your suggestions including turning the heart rate monitor off and it did nothing to extend the battery life. Charging every night is inconvenient and annoying plus we lose the sleep data. Are you guys planning to fix this? If so how soon? 

Best Answer

Unfortunately this looks like a common theme with the Fitbit Blaze.  I've had mine for just over 18 months and now I cannot even get a full day (12 hours) of use.  So disappointed, since I love using the blaze.  Contacted Customer Support and received the standard 25% off a new tracker offer.  Can't see purchasing another $200 device that won't even last 2 years.  Hope Fitbit will address this issue in the future.  Not sure I will be sticking around to find out.

Best Answer

I think you should agree with them in terms of buying a new one - just make sure it's not a Fitbit!!!

Best Answer

Agree.  I am going out to look at a Garmin Forerunner today.  

Best Answer

What happens when we do all these things and a 19 month old blaze STILL dies in three hours?  Also, Fitbit advertises all these features for five days, but your post to maximize battery life basically says “yeah, you can’t actually do any of that.”  Why do I think my first Fitbit may, unfortunately, be my last if you can’t guarantee quality?  

Best Answer

My first Blaze Fitbit worked normally from the time I received it as a gift (the end of May) until about the last week in September/first week in October.  Then the usual 5-6 days between charges started to decrease and eventually it was down to 2 days.  It was purchased at a local "brick and mortar" store, so I went back there with the receipt and told them what it was doing and that I was less than happy with the purchase, so they exchanged it for a brand new one.  Blaze #2 wouldn't sync so I got on the phone with Fitbit tech service and after an hour and 20 minutes they decided it was defective and they sent me Blaze #3.  The newest one isn't perfect, (I've had a wide swing of performance issues with it) but I'm trying to be optimistic.  If it consistently doesn't provide the number of days of functionality per charge at some point, it's going back to the local store and I'll be demanding no less than a full store credit.  My daughter paid for a second year of warranty through the store, so I'm well within the warranty coverage period.  Wish me luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes