Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit blaze that is completely dead. I cannot charge the battery and when I plug it in, the screen turns on like normal, but even after I allow it time for a full charge, the battery says it is completely dead.  I think it needs a reset or something along those lines, but I can't utilize any of the buttons or anything like that because the battery is dead.  Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357
Yes, I tried all the tips and talked to customer support. All they did,was
agree with that my fitbit wasn't holding a charge and offered me 25% off of
a new one.
Best Answer

Same here, all they said was yes the battery was bad. No kidding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, all they said was yes the battery was bad. No kidding. Like I didn't know that  all ready. I shut down everything and I still have to charge it twice a day. I am done!

Best Answer
0 Votes
As with most who have responded to my original post, yes, I have performed all of the cleaning procedures outlined by the "moderator's". Having owned Fitbit's from the beginning, I started with the very first one. I have learned the do's and don'ts about the various versions.  I've taken very good care of all of them. I started with the "Classic", then went to the "One". After that I upgraded to the "Flex" then the "Charge HR". Finally I chose the "Blaze". I purchased my Blaze in Aug 2016 and experienced no issues with it until May 2017. It's really strange that most of the battery life issues started in May 2017, right after an update. I contacted support because my Blaze went from 5 days between charging to 1 1/2 to 2 days literally overnight.  Since I purchased mine from the Fitbit site, they had all the info for the purchase and they sent a replacement.  When I received it, it had the exact same issue. I again contacted support. This time support wasn't so cordial.  I was told it was "obviously something I was doing wrong" and they've had zero issues with the Blaze. Then we get to Jul 2017, after I had called support 6 different times trying to get the issue corrected,  at that time I was told their records showed that I purchased the Blaze in Apr 2016 instead of Aug. I told them I had the receipt,  from them, showing the date of purchase was in Aug. Then I was told that "it doesn't matter what my receipt shows, they only go by their records and not mine". This is when the "support" team really started treating me like an idiot, to the point of telling me it was my problem.  Again I contacted support and one of the supervisors told me out of the millions of blazes sold, only 20% had any issues and that Fitbit was proud of those stats. Then she said their records showed that I hadn't contacted support before.  I finally gave up after realizing that support was a joke. It was demonstrated over and over that they didn't give a crap about their customers.  I was insulted by being offered a $50. discount on a new product.  All I wanted was real support.  If you check the forums you will find that a very large number of issues coincided with the "update" released in Apr/May 2017. Bottom line is,  yes, I have performed all of the steps recommended time after time with no change. And yes, I contacted support on several occasions.  Funny after the last update the Blaze went from 1 day holding a charge to 3 days for me. This without changing any of my settings.  And you still insist that it had nothing to do with the update. After being treated like stupid idiot by support,  not only would I probably never purchase another Fitbit product,  I would hope that the sales from your company decreased to the point where you would be forced to evaluate not only your quality control, but, the way your customers are treated by support.  

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

You hit right on the head of the nail. Any company that treats there customers  that was does not deserve to be in business.  I an done with Fit bit and am if I was you I would complain to the BBB. I want nothing else to do with them jerks. I am also posting it on all the Vet  blogs I am on.

Best Answer

Alejandra - you need to come up with another response.  That one is getting a bit trite and fools no one.  A correct response would be "We will replace your Fitbit Blazes free of charge."  That would be a new response we haven't had.  Thank you.

Best Answer

That is exactly  what mine did.

Best Answer

I have done both with no change.

Best Answer
Take it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! I'm sorry for the issue you've experienced with your Blaze. Our Customer Support team is always here to assist rest assure that any solution that they will provide is based in the Fitbit Warranty, this is why not all users get the same resolution. 

If you're experiencing battery draining issues, you may want to confirm that you've fully charged and follow the tips to improve your battery life here

Your understanding is appreciated. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
You need to pull your head out and read the post and replies. We've jumped through all your hoops, and as for me, they changed my purchase date to show I was out of warranty then refused to help me. Support here to help? Please don't make me laugh. 

Best Answer

The thing is normally 2 hours for full charge is it any danger if  charge more than 2 hours? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really! We don't or can't tell when a charge is full? Come on. such a sorry excuse for a company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @sleder73@KraKree and @rosangelpa! Thanks for letting me know that you've tried the troubleshoot I've posted before. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@KraKree I've noticed you already have a case with them, please continue the communication via email.

Hey @rosangelpa. I've read your previous posts and seems that you already got in touch with Customer Service, rest assure that each solution that they provide is based in the Fitbit Warranty as each one is reviewed  individually. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I was told Why yes ur battery is a problem. However, all we can offer is a
25% discount on another product.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The life of a battery is very much dependent on how it was cared for. A lithium battery starts breaking down within hours of being discharged. 

Best Answer

Hi @drussell! Good to see you in the Community  Forums!

This will all be based on your warranty status. As @Rich_Laue mentions, lithium batteries will reduce their life with time as it happens with the majority of electronic devices that have this type of batteries.

If you're already out of warranty, our team will offer a discount that you can take advantage of in the purchase of any other tracker or the same if you'd prefer.

If you'd like assistance with this, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

No.  The Blaze has an internal charge controller and will taper off on the charge rate as the battery charges.

@KraKreewrote:

The thing is normally 2 hours for full charge is it any danger if  charge more than 2 hours? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont know if i feel better or worse knowing that more people are experiencing the same problem with their FitBit blaze...

it amazes me that Fitbit is remaining so indifferent about it since clearly the issue is brought up by their updates and refuse to take responsability letting their faithful costumers down. 25% discount??? c'mon Fitbit you're better than that...

Very disappointed, moving on to Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree.  I was just working with "support". Since my last update, my battery has a mind of it's own. Will last from 2 days to 5 days. They can look at the battery life on their system, but, only look at the last time. Now they want me to send a copy of my receipt.  I purchased mine from Fitbit directly.  Never buying anything else from Fitbit. 

Best Answer