Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Clock Display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit. Why can't the time be displayed at all times on Blaze!!! Very annoying. Going from surge where I could always know what time it is back to a blank screen (and NO. It does not always turn on when I move my wrist to check time. Only occasionally does it do that). Better update soon to make that an option.
And while you're at it. Make the swipe to steps right there. Jeesh. Have to swipe to Today then look. Really awkward and unconvenient.
Unhappy with new toy

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Some people are using the watch for nursing, and for that we need to have the face showing for at least 1 minute. They should have an option to extend the duration of the display.

Best Answer

The quick view on my Blaze also works intermittently.

Best Answer

The quick view doesn't always work on mine either.  Very annoying when exercising and want to know my heart rate.  It also reads my heart rate incorrectly sometimes.  When I'm doing a cycling class and working as hard as I can, my heart rate will show very low sometimes. 

Best Answer

Can you please advise what the solution is to the clock face being slow to respond, and sometimes not responding. The message feed states "Problem solved" but I do not see a solution, I only see an explanation as to why the clock face is intermittent. Mine is does not respond to my wrist, or it takes a second or two and I have to wait to see what the time is. I have "liked" the comment but was not directed anywhere that could offer help.

Best Answer

I don't understand how it can. I had the time displayed on my surge all the time and I exercised two hours at least daily with the GPS activated. This did not "kill" my batter time. The blaze should be no different. 

Best Answer

Ok, so I definitely support this post and agree with everything said. I am 100% in support of an always on display OPTION. I would always use it but I know some people wouldn't. That being said, why in the world is this marked as a solution??? I got excited because I thought Fitbit had finally fixed this issue, but I scroll to the "solution" to see that it is just a response complaint. Makes no sense.

Best Answer

There has never been a waytch with an LED display tyat stays on 24/7, not even Apples watch does.

As for it marked as a solution? You will need to look at it from the perspective of the origanal poster, since they are the ones that marked what they felt was the solution to their question. Maybe you are asking for more tyan they are, in that case it would be better to make a new tyread than to open up a solved thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe this has already been done, and maybe the post you're replying to was a response to a thread improperly tagged..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there anyway to have clock stay on for at least a minute. I check patients pulses and less than 15 secs it times out. I need a solution to this of possible. Pls advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes @Kriskreme there is. At the request in the feature Suggestion board there is. Choose the Chronograph face, now press the quick stopwatch by holding in the select button. This stopwatch's display stays on.

The chronograph face also has, at the request of health care workers, both analog and digital readouts. 

Best Answer

I agree - when I am timing something like a patients heart rate or breaths per a minute the clock face tuns off in like 10 seconds - it would be nice if it would last about 1 minute to a 1 minute 30 seconds.

Best Answer

I agree let the user decide how long the clock face should remain on or have sensitivity settings for when turn your wrist - it does not always work for me either.  

Best Answer

My Asus ZenWatch had an always on feature- the screen would change slightly to conserve power, but it was a great feature. I don't understand why no other smart watch offers this feature as an option.

Best Answer

This has been a request since at least 2014, and Fitbit just provides "feature suggestion" link. They're not listening.

My Blaze only displays half th he time with wrist turning. Already returned one that wouldn't come on at all. Very Disappointed in this lack of reliability.

Best Answer

@lizku the Surge has an LCD display  and uses almost no power. The Chatge2 and Blaze have LED displays and use more power than the GPS alone uses on the Surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn your Blaze off. Then on...or change the clock 'face' to a different view. That does it!

Best Answer

It's not only the clock display. In workout mode the display is off after a few seconds too. Then you have to wave your arm or slap on the tracker. So it's not useful for sports. Just a lifestyle product, nothing more.

Best Answer

Since I do understand and agree having an always on display would cause the battery to drain faster. Can there be an option to have either a time frame (15 sec, 30 sec, 1 min) or always on between say 9-5, 10 -4, 3-2 or whatever time frame the user sets. That would seem to me like a better option than the 10 sec we currently have.

Best Answer

I cannot get the clock to display at all. Sometimes it wil pop up for a few seconds but then it's gone..

Best Answer
0 Votes

But it is shown when you turn your hand or slap on the Blaze? Always on isn't possible. Not even during workouts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes