Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery doesn't last

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit blaze for at least a year. My battery does not hold a charge for what is told that it does. What do I do for this ? Will Fitbit replace my blaze or replace and fix my battery?? Please let me know ! 

Thanks ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
156 REPLIES 156

Out of warranty so not much choice than try repair myself had the watch given to me anyway 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I learnt that persistence does pay 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

From all the posts I’ve read about this apparently it’s a very common problem on the blaze that after 12 months the battery dies  and all they offer is 25% off a new watch and if I had spent a lot of money on the blaze I probably would have pursued it but I had it for free so didn’t see the point 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay perfect! Yeah my husband knows how and has a soldering thing at work. It doesn’t even last an hour now. It’s just ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Some people have expired warranties that customer service can't help with. Buying a battery would help people keep their units if they have already fallen in love with them.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze started with the battery issue this week after never having an issue with battery life. It seems similar across a number of these recent posts. Can you please review with your tech staff that the latest update didn’t cause this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

my warranty was expired and customer service was extremely helpful. they made a client happy! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awe, I'm not an employee, love. I do have much experience with the units though. I will look into that, sometimes the updates don't quite shake hands with the units.  I can remember when they didn't have as many clock faces, and when I went to change one of them right in the middle of an update, I got a clock face error and didn't have a clock face at all for a while and had to call customer care 

It was because of an update that later allowed many of clock faces to exist today. For now, I would unpair the phone and turn the phone off ( to stop phone/tracker requests), reset the tracker by holding down the right and left bottom buttons for 15 seconds, you should see the logo and the word "Hello", the unit is now restarted. 

Power your phone back on, and pair it.  You're all set. High usage requests that appear at the same time can drain your battery out.  Gadgets will be energy hogs until they are intuitive enough to prioritize requests. Hope that helps you. 

Help can be found here. https://help.fitbit.com/  You can give them a call at 

877) 623-4997 and then there is this: https://contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are top notch with customer care. It wouldn't hurt for people to give that a go, but don't expect too much if that warranty is up. Some people get turned away, while others have special conditions, like production issues that the company expects to hear back about. I would encourage everyone to call before they give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never heard back from them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try to complain on twitter, they’ll come back to you 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't give up on that. Call them on the phone, tell them how you feel, and how much you really want to keep using your unit. The Blaze is technically discontinued from website sales and production, but, I'm pretty sure that they may have some old pebbles around to replace yours. They replace them under the warranty, and on a case by case basis. If you continue to reach out, they will answer. Email and call them.  They don't ignore phone calls. Hope it all works out.Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks will give that a try

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Blaze is 2 years old and the battery won't last a full 24 hours.  Looks like there are battery replacements available and doesn't look too bad to do if you have a soldering iron.  I'd just hate to try and ruin it with a slip of the iron 😞

Just stinks that you can spend that much money on an item and the battery can be so poor and not be replaceable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know what you mean, The only real answer is an extended warranty, They kind of need to offer that, at this juncture.  Some third party sellers offer at least a two year warranty upon purchase.I saw one last night on ebay for $2.49. for the Versa, not bad.   I wish extended warranties were offered after the purchase, and perhaps before a current one expires, that way we are always covered, all the way up until they decide to discontinue the unit type. Can you imagine how much :money_bag: that would save in the long run? 😀 It would be essentially device insurance.  Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to know - ty!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't trust a lot of those companies that offer extended warranties.  I've read some weird stuff when researching them online.

I talked with support and they had me go through a list of things to try.  I did get about 37 hours out of my watch with notifications and the 'auto-on' turned off and HR on auto...

That isn't as bad I guess, no clue why it would have died so fast the day prior though, something seems weird... on to testing more I guess Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never heard anyone complain about warranties on eBay, but extended
warranties in cars, there are a lot of holes in that. 🤔
Best Answer
0 Votes

But the warranty isn't actually an ebay warranty right?  It's a third party company like square trade or such?  That's what I was thinking you were talking about 🙂

I like my blaze, but aside from trying to replace the battery on my own, I'll save up for a new watch.  I really use it mostly to track my HR and also distance on runs, but wife has a Garmin we can use for that and won't need a phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting my Blaze battery has the same issue and it just started over the last week- seems odd that it is happening to so many recently?

Best Answer
0 Votes