Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody! I don't usually uses blaze while I work. I put it on the table. After about four hours, the blaze turned to 60% batteries from 100%. Any power-down mode can I use in the blaze?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
905 REPLIES 905

Hi all, I hope you are doing fine!

I am sorry to hear about the battery issues you are experiencing. If you have already tried the instructions provide in this post and keep having this issue, feel free to get in touch with our support team, I know they will be glad to help you out.

If you are looking for a faster response, you can contact them via chat.

Keep the stepping up. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alejandra,

With all due respect, I'll repeat what I wrote before.  There clearly is an issue with the product Fitbit has sold - the Blaze is a defective good.  Unfortunately, your continued posts about trying this solution and that solution has not solved the issues with the Blaze! Contacting Fitbit support yields a discount for an online purchase (can't be used at a local retailer who might have the product on sale) and it doesn't solve the issue of a defective product! I'm not sure how you and your employer can't see, and admit, there is an issue of a defective product. I won't buy a Fitbit product ever again - I'm now a Samsung customer, thanks to Fitbit not understanding they've sold a defective product and they refuse to remedy the situation to our satisfaction (replacement of a defective product). Fitbit clearly isn't interested in providing outstanding customer service along with a product that equals, or exceeds, it's competitors.  If you really want to fulfill your mission of listening to us on this forum, take all of the feedback about the Blaze and pass it along to the executives.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Thank you for the information. I have tried all of the above and battery life only extends about 4 additional hours. Why would I turn off all the features that I liked about the Blaze when I purchased it January 2018?  It is just 7 months old.  Thanks Community for posting your responses.  I thought it was just my blaze. 

Regards,

Cecilia

Best Answer

Thank you for being so direct.  Perhaps the people at Fitbit will read this and be moved to action.

I am sure I speak for the majority of the Fitbit customers who have communicated to you about our battery issues. We are not doing fine!

We have spent about $200 for a product that has a isearble short lifespan.  Fitbit's answer to those of us whose product has failed after one year is a 25% discount off of the full list price.   Looks like we would have $350, plus tax,  invested in a Fitbit Blaze.  WE then risk having the same problem happen again in a year or so.

Shame on you Fitbit!!!

Moderator edit: Merged replies, format

Best Answer
How did this work out for you – did you replace the battery? Did it last and work better?
Vinna
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I actually had an extended warranty through Best Buy do I got a different Fitbit and paid the difference. Fitbit customer service wasn’t much help and the batteries aren’t replaceable.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze battery gets drained in 12-20 hours. Please suggest solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am already doing it. No help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, good idea. I’ve just sent a report. If enough of us do it we might get somewhere. I was going to talk to Which? about it too, they review fitness trackers quite regularly- although as the Blaze now appears to be discontinued it might not come within their remit.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

The solution is very simple.  In fact you can  call Fitbit  customer service or read about the advice other customers have received when they call;  

BUY A NEW FITBIT

Fitbit customer  service  may even offer you a 25% discount off of the FULL retail price.  I would not be surprised if you find them cheaper in your local stores on on the internet

Fitbit is apparently developing quite a revenue stream from customers who buy a Fitbit, then buy a 2nd one because the 1st one failed in short order. I wonder if this a a part of their marketing plan?

Best Answer
I throw it away. I was not getting anywhere and when I called in to get help it was past its warranty. Thank you.

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable state and federal laws. If you are not the addressee, or are not authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, distribute, or disclose to anyone this message or the information contained herein. If you have received this message in error, immediately advise the sender by reply email and destroy this message.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I had a man replace the battery and its okay. No great but useable in total about £30.
But I also got a new pebble off fitbit so I now have 2 blazes.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

Same issue with battery draining within 36 hours. Lost at least 5 hours of steps today. Blaze is only 7 months old and not holding a charge for the 5 days it’s suppose to. There’s got to be a better way.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call customer service.  Hopefully they will replace it for you.

They also offer a 25% discount off of the list price for a new one.  You could end up spending almost $350 within a year for one working  Fitbit Blaze

Best Answer

I contacted support many times in my warranty period and I was told to turn the heart rate off to turn off auto sync turn on this and that and this and that. Still had issues. It wasn't until I was out of the warranty peiord that they finally said oh yeah i see you are having charging issues. Sorry heres a discount for a new tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

I appreciate all feedback provided. It's great to hear that some of you have already contacted support and received a discount for a next purchase. If you are interested in using that discount, in this page you will be able to compare all Fitbit trackers, maybe there's one that meet your needs.

As suggested in my previous post, if you are having issues with your tracker's battery and have already tried the recommendation in this post, feel free to contact our support team, they will be glad to share with you your warranty status, but you can also check our warranty policy.

See you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would jump if Fitbit offered Blaze users a battery replacement over a 25% discount code. I wont be buying another one either.

Best Answer

@Carola_Kirchner wrote:

The battery is not supposed to be replaced. Fitbit customer service made it clear to me. The Blaze is just a big mistake and I really think that they should reimburse all of us even if it is no longer under warranty, just like it is done with other products. 

I switched over to Polar. 

Is customer service even reading our complaints? 

But if you say anything derogatory they delete your comments but thread after thread after thread after thread after thread ect ect ect ect and on and on and on are complaining about the battery and we were all given the same vauge answers that put a band aid on the crack in the **ahem**. I ordered a $10 tracker on wish that has more functions than that of the Blaze. It should be here next week. 

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,

You can go back to my previous posts to see that I have done all the recommended procedures to check my Fitbit Blaze. 

I was on vacation and went hiking one day.  I had to carry by Blaze in my hand connected to my portable charger to track my steps.  I have enjoyed the Fitbit program and have lost a lot of weight because of my Fitbit. 

It’s too bad that after approximately 5 years of owning various Fitbits starting with the clip-on and ending with the Blaze.  My Blaze is about 1.5 years old and is now pretty much dead.  It takes about a minute to fully charge (LOL) and then I put it on and nothing happens.  I have tried charging all night without a better outcome.  Yes, everything is turned off, etc.  I am so disappointed.

Yes, after talking with customer service and them tracking my battery issue, I was offered a 25% discount.  Imagine my surprise to see on the QVC site that they are offering a pre-Today’s Special of the Fitbit Blaze for $99.00 and free shipping.  I would like to know how you sold that to QVC?  Do they know that there is an issue with the battery???  How many THOUSANDS of the Blaze Fitbits did you sell them?  Were they even told about the battery issues???  I will not even pay $99.00 for the Blaze. 

I’m sorry, but I believe that Fitbit should be backing up their product.  I’m sure that a little customer service and backup on your product will go a long way.  Please REPLACE all our Fitbits!  If you no longer have the Blaze, replace them with the Versa.  Again, I believe a little Customer Service goes a long way.

I know that is a stupid request, but I am asking that you relay all these requests for help from your once loyal customers to your superiors.

Thank You.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Did all that. Then limped along until one day while in its charger, it spent a lot of time in it as it always needed to be charged, it had a big orange triangle with a thermometer in it. It was done. I am not going to waste my time and energy trying to replace the battery as it will most likely end up the same way since you must have firmware bricked our blazes. 

So with that I close the chapter on Fitbit. Obviously Fitbit cares nothing about its customers.  I have since purchased an Apple Watch and have moved on. I know Apple will not abandon me like Fitbit has. 

So long........

Best Answer