Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody! I don't usually uses blaze while I work. I put it on the table. After about four hours, the blaze turned to 60% batteries from 100%. Any power-down mode can I use in the blaze?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
905 REPLIES 905

I'm so disappointed with my Blaze, haven't even had it a week and I have to charge it every other day! Wish I hadn't bought it, so disappointed!

Best Answer

So you are saying they only want to hear the good parts not what the problems are????

Best Answer

Thank you. I guess lesson learned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off speaking with customer support.  I am also outside the 1 year warranty period and have in the last month noticed a dramatic drop in battery life.  Turning off all the features that made this watch rock is so counter intuitive.  I agree that offering me a 25% discount to purchase another Blaze that will last approximately 1 year is not financially prudent.  It's like they are leasing us a smart watch for $250 for 1 year. 

I'm not even going to fight this battle.  I'm done with Fitbit as there are many other options out there and many with much better track records for their customer service.

Good luck all.

Best Answer

I feel an obligation to alert people to these issues. I hate to see more people make the mistake we have made trusting Fitbit

Best Answer
It took two years before that happened to mine. But from what i gather
it's a defective watch i would exchange if you can
Best Answer

I am having this same issue. It is not fair to turn off all the features just for battery life. What would be the point in having the  watch then?!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly. If it has these features they need a battery to take care of them.
🤨
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 

the charge should last for four days. It only lasts for three hours for me.

i am using the Fitbit solely for these functions that you are asking me to turn off to save battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading this message board, I decided to contact fitbit via facebook. My post didn't appear on their timeline, but I shared it on mine and am going to do so here until they take it down.  just an informal Public Service Annoucement:

As a fitbit wearer since May 2012, (Ultra, Surge, Charge & Blaze), I have logged over 23 Million Steps, 11,231 Miles, and 24,981 floors.  I thoroughly enjoy the products (fitbits).  That being said, I am going to state that the only one worth the price of admission was the Ultra.  It gave only basic data, but it didn't break or drain battery power quickly.  The Surge and the Blaze faceplates cracked and the charge was just an all together cluster. It saddens me to think that I'm going to have close the door on fitbit, but the customer support and warranty policy is far short of expectations for paying $250 plus for wearable technology.  And then, to be offered a 25% discount is laughable.  We pay good money for these devices to see them break or no longer work after the warranty period expires, and then get talked to like we are idiots.  The fitbit discussion boards also show people are unhappy with your service and warranty periods, but ya'll do nothing.....restart...reboot...or accept our 25% discount?  You guys need to step up to the plate and treat your customers better and re-examine the warranty periods and/or exchange policies.  I fully charged my blaze last night and worn it for roughly 12 hours since (6 of that sleeping) and it should have last rites given.  I looked at the discussion boards and saw this forum and a couple of others about the blaze battery draining - and "restart, reboot or 25%".  Really?  this is the customer service of a company who stands behind their product?  Bring back the Ultra.  That was a good tracker - it didn't crack or drain power.  Ya'll just can't get a grip on the wrist technology.  May I suggest you contact Apple?  I know you're going to delete this post...but I will share it as often as I can, wherever I can.  Toodles.

Best Answer
Love it. Well said.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same - went from 5 days to 1 day charge virtually overnight. Read on a forum in May/June that fitbit were aware of the problems (think following an update) and were investigating. Really did think that they would release an update to fix the problem.

Got round to email them (couldn't find a contact email address initially in May) in July only to be told that it was out of warranty in June!  They can check how when you took your device off charge and when it died and I have asked them to check as it was prior to warranty expiry but they have not bothered to check and only offered a measly 25% discount.  I will not be doing this as I have really lost my faith in FITBIT - to me they are selling a defective product and it is not fit for it's purpose!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone!

Thank for all the feedback provided about the Blaze battery issues you have been experiencing. As mentioned previously, if you have already tried the instructions provided in this post and keep having problems, I recommend getting in touch directly with our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via chat.

Also, please take a look at our warranty policy, if you received a discount and want to use it, in this page you will be able to compare all Fitbit units, maybe there is one that meet your needs.

Keep the stepping up! Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

AlejandraFitbit - for everything that I keep reading on these discussion boards, you have offfered nothing more than the standard company line.   "do this, do that and/or use the super dooper huge 25% discount to buy another watch that will fail after the warranty expires so we can milk you out of even more money later" gibberish.  

What you need to do it take the information/feedback given to you off this forum, show it to upper management of say even, the board of directors and show them that buyers of these products are not happy with a substandard product any longer and would like more than the company line and a 25% discount.  Say, perhaps, a better product that doesn't drain the battery, wrist straps that don't break, and faceplates that don't crack.  and perhaps a refund?  

I know ya'l could do better if you tried, but you don't.  And that is pitiful.  Thanks for the company line, now DO SOMETHING.  Please.

Best Answer
This charge I got it even a day and a half. Had a full charge 6 pm
Wednesday and now Friday at 12 pm the line is red. 😡
Best Answer
0 Votes

They pulled a straight up Apple move. new devices not selling enough...disable the old devices by killing the battery. From 5 days on a charge to 5 hours...that's not a battery problem. the device isn't even rebooting properly.  

Best Answer

I am having the same issues, I was told by Fitbit support to sync via my laptop as this is an issue because of the type of phone I have.  He told me to remove my Blaze from my phone app and sync only from my laptop.  I did this snd when I added my Blaze to my laptop it also added to my phone app and drained the battery in 4 hours or less.  Even the work around front support don't make sense.  Get it fixed Fitbit!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi ...
That's what they said to me .. they tried to blame my phone provider..and I
copied and paste the message and sent it to samsumg .. they told me of I
was having problems with my fitbit ..than it's them that need to deal with
it .. fitbit are just making excuses .. I've lost all faith with them ..
don't think I will be buying any further products ..
Best Answer
0 Votes
Something crazy going on. My Blaze used to last four days. Now I’m down to
having to charge it everyday. 😡
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wud t spend another penny on a fitbit. They’ve been outdone by their competition and cant keep up.  Sad and pathetic.

Best Answer