Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody! I don't usually uses blaze while I work. I put it on the table. After about four hours, the blaze turned to 60% batteries from 100%. Any power-down mode can I use in the blaze?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
905 REPLIES 905
Echoing the same comments.
If you go back to the beginnings of this post, you’ll see I did work with customer service.
I too started with the original Fitbit and was satisfied for years. What happened with the Blaze was almost insulting.
I get that Fitbit does not really care, but please treat us like adults and take our comments seriously.
At this point I’ve moved on from Fitbit, there are a number of other vendors selling similar devices.

Regards
Best Answer

How does this make you feel?

We buy Fitbit products that fail prematurely and are offered "special pricing" on a replacement by the company. We later learn the special pricing we are offered is significantly higher than the prices the same product is being offered by other sales channels.  WOW!

Shame on you Fitbit!!!!

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,

I would like to refer you to my first entry on the very topic of the battery not holding charge.  I've already confirmed that I have implemented all suggestions, however, this makes no difference. Please read my previous entries.  Furthermore, what is the point in having such an expensive item when virtually all functionality needs to be disabled in order to count steps for a limited number of hours.  I have contacted customer service without any success.   The Blaze FITBIT is deemed useless.  I assume this is why it is being discountinued.    My concern is that the Blaze can still be purchased in the UK even though it has been discontinued.  Why? 

Best Answer

Hi there, hope you are fine!

I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your trackers and appreciate the feedback provided about it. If you have already tried the recommendation in this post, feel free to contact our support team, I know they will be glad to help you out. Also, feel free to check our warranty policy.

Keep the stepping up. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone!

I hope you are doing fine and appreciate all the feedback provided about the battery issues you have been experiencing with your trackers. Regarding your inquiry about the Blaze availability, we're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we’ve decided to discontinue selling Blaze on fitbit.com

Please note that we’ll continue to support Blaze from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

Now about the battery issues, as recommended before, feel free to get in touch with our support team if you have already tried the instructions provide in this post.

See you later. Smiley Very Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

We have. The only thing the do is say "oh yes I see you are having battery issues. Unfortunately you're warranty has expired but we can offer you 25% off on your next tracker." What is making us very angry is the fact that this isn't a new thing. We were told turn the auto heart beat off, turn off auto sync, do this do that and not until we were outside of that warranty window did they acknowledge that it is in fact the battery that is the issue. Until this is rectified no blaze owner is going to be satisfied and I am sorry but this this tracker that was supposed to be oh so awesome that was sold for over $200, 25% off is not a redeemable offer. When the battery issue has been brought up over and over from all over the world. FitBit knew that the batteries were flawed but yet still kept pumping them out and telling the consumer to just turn off key features which were the reason we purchased the Blaze.

Moderators can keep deleting comments over and over but that is not going to fix shody customer service and a scam battery. People are going to continue to complain and not see any results. They are going to go to Polar, Garmin, Samsung Gear, Apple Watch, Nokia and I could name a handfull of other companies. Customer service and the shoddy product that is the Blaze is going to alienate and turn off an entire fitbit generation of owners from ever purchasing another fitbit. 

Moderator edit: all-caps
Best Answer

it wasent this bad before, it has to be a software update that they pushed out, I think they are trying to get people to upgrade early, so they pushed out a update that screwed up the battery life!!. I even went and bought a new one thinking that my battery was just old, same thing with a brand new one!!!

Best Answer

I know its crazy. I can get going from 5 day battery life and be moderately active to 2-3 days high activity. But since the end of June, it went down hill FAST. I would charge it at night and by the afternoon I was almost back in the red. Now if I let the face turn off on the charger it charges dead to full in under 30 seconds. If I keep it on the charger and awake, it might last me 4 hours. I have given up now. 

A pushed software update would explain that better than a shoddy battery. My original fitbit flex the original original was great. I kind of wish I had just stuck with that one instead of upgrading. I charged it every 3-4 days no matter how active I was. It is sad when a newer gen tracker is worse than the first gen tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your participation in the Community @Ck9779 and @whlightning.

It's great to hear that you were offered a discount @Ck9779. If you are interested in using it, I recommend taking a look at this page, where you will be able to compare all Fitbit units, maybe there's one that meet your needs.

About the new tracker causing issues @whlightning, I would like to know if you have already contacted our support team about this, have they offer a solution?

See you later. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
I had the same Blaze battery issues that it seems like everyone is discussing. I turned off notifications, did the Apollo 13 on it, The Blaze was pushing 3 years old. Fitbit support offered suggestions, did look at the data from the blaze and offered me 40% off of purchasing a Fitbit Ionic. Hat is like is $120 off, so , OK the Blaze was good in it's time, But the ionic, waterproof, can track swimming, Watch faces, So I am giving Fitbit a Mulligan on the Blaze, They made it right by giving a very good discount on their current product.
Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain individual protected health information ("PHI") that is subject to protection under state and federal laws, or other privileged, confidential or proprietary information of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina that may not be further disclosed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't know Fitbit had commedian moderators. That must be what is going on because you cannot seriously be suggesting that a 25% discount is ok when this Fitbit Blaze is TWO YEARS OLD. Why would I buy another fitbit at $200 or more just for it to last meh 18 months and then another one that last a year and then buy yet another one that all the sudden stops working everytime a new tracker is dropped. 

And the customer "service" team if no help at all because everytime I called or emailed or complained about the battery while it was under warranty, I was told that oh you have to turn off auto sync or oh its because you have the heart rate on or oh because you need to dim the face. Really so in order for me to not have to charge this twice a day, I am not able to use any of the features that were the draw in getting it in the first place. 

I am 100% not interested in a discount because 25% off does not rectify a shody, defective product that Fitbit is not standing up and saying "Sorry for selling a bogus tracker. We would like to remedy the situation and recall all fitbit blaze products." THAT would rectify the situation so yeah I think a 25% off discount code is a slap in the face and fitbit just saying HAHAHAHA oh well you got played.

I know this comment is more than likly going to be deleted because it doesn't rain gratitued and praise down from the heavens on to fitbit at all but I dont care and I will keep posting my disdaine until this situation is corrected. As will everyone else. I have stated it before when you go to the fitbit product forums and you see 4 pages of unhappy people asking why their battery is draining or why it can't be charged, you guys can delete those all you want but people are still going to post them. 

Best Answer

I left my Blaze charging last night and this morning was fully charged. It's 2:22pm and it's already without any charge.  The funny thing is that in the dashboard it appears as fully charge but the watch does not have any battery left.  Is this possible? I have been charging it every day. I changed the watch band because the original broke.  What else I can do to keep the watch charge? Thank you

Best Answer

I’m beginning to have the same problem. In reading solutions they want you to turn everything off to save battery lift. What’s the sense in having reminders and notifications and heart rate etc if they want you to turn them off. 

Best Answer

THANKS!!! I am going to check it out and compare it to US consumer laws. I am glad I saw this before they delete it for "causing an uproar".

Best Answer

Well, I haven't been able to use my blaze because it won't last the whole day with battery.  They should replace them or give us a very good discount.  I am so frustrated with this!!!  I started to charge it at 5pm and it still in the tracker, I have done all they have mentioned on this community to avoid draining the battery - but is not working.

Best Answer

I agree! 25% off a new tracker is a slap in the face.

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,

After reading all these comments it's a shame Fitbit is not doing anything.  This is a very expensive product and the warranty sucks, plus on top of that - you all know that the Blaze have defective battery so why not compensate the owners with a new Blaze or in this case Versa.  Honestly, if I have to buy another it won't be anything from Fitbit, but I'll get an Apple Watch.  So disappointed at all the poor solutions.

Best Answer

Hey all, hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry to hear about the battery issues you are experiencing with your trackers. If you have already tried the instructions provided in this post without success, I recommend getting in touch directly with our support team, I know they will be glad to help you out. For a faster response you can contact them via chat.

See you later. Robot Happy

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Hey all, hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry to hear about the battery issues you are experiencing with your trackers. If you have already tried the instructions provided in this post without success, I recommend getting in touch directly with our support team, I know they will be glad to help you out. For a faster response you can contact them via chat.

See you later. Robot Happy

Are you reading comments or just throwing this out at random times? I have contacted support on NUMBEROUS times. Before I fell out of the "warranty period", I was told turn off the heart rate, turn off auto sync, turn off this, turn off that.....basically turn off ALL of the features that drew us to the blaze in the first place. Now that it is out of warranty customer "service" says oh yeah I see you are having battery issues.....here is 25% off for a new tracker. This is not good customer service this is customer disservice. The Blaze was $200ish. You have said 25% off is GREAT no its not. 25% off for a defective product is HORRIBLE it is unjust and its robbery. The battery issue is nothing new. Fitbit has known about this for a long time and what they are doing is called DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES. 

I don't expect this comment to be up long because you have deleted a number of my comments. 

Best Answer
How long is this issue going to continue for .my first complaint was back
im may and this asnt been resolved for any one esle yet ... fitbit you need
to deal with those problems or your going to lose customers
Best Answer