Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blaze advertises a 5 day battery. When I orginially got it, it would last 2-3, which I thought was no big deal because I played with it alot. However, the last week or so my battery seems to be draining. Yesterday I let it fully charged and have made it a point to not play with it excessively since it was charged. It has been about 20 hours and I have < 1/4th battery remaining. Is there something going on in the background that is just draining my battery? I didnt pay this much to charge my watch daily and I can't find why the battery won't last.

Best Answer
344 REPLIES 344

The Versa is not an update Ionic but is an updated Blaze and having the many requested features users requested for the Blaze. Most of these features require a true OS and more memory, both of which the Blaze lacked .

Not sure what is mentmeby surpassed, but as for sales the Versa has a better price point and most users do not require the built in GPS. They are happy with GPS, so if it is surpassed in sales, this makes good sense, why pay more for an option that will hardly be used. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit obviously doesn’t care about their consumer customers. They are a marketing engine with a pretty box that is empty. They think they can hold their ground and bet on the fact that people are already connected via their app. They are wrong. There is a ground swell of unhappy consumers that are spreading their message. Ditch the bit. 

Best Answer

@1Paul07 wrote:

Have you contacted Fitbit about your problem I want to know if they will send me a replacement or the new versa since they discontinued the blaze

Fitbit contacted me and started a warranty claim. I was given the option of a blaze replacement or 50% off but of course that 50% off excludes the versa and ionic so I would have to downgrade if I took that option. I have another blaze on the way and was told to recycle this one. Let's see if the one coming lasts longer than 5 months before the battery declines. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery doesn't last 12 hours anymore.  In looking into this a little deeper, it becomes apparent we have all been taken for an expensive ride.  The batteries fitted in these trackers, made in China, are good for about 150-200 charge cycles.  This built-in obslescense means that these trackers were never designed to last longer than 2 years.  I have suggested that fitbit starts at least offering a battery replacement service, since even in today's throwaway's society, this life expectancy is quite frankly, unacceptable.  I would never have bought this thing if I knew it would only last a maximum of two years.  The offer of a 25% 'amazing and generous' discount on a new and upgraded tracker is not attractive at all, since the profit margin on this type of hardware is above 60% so they are only making 35% off us when we foolishly bite on that offer.  I am sorry but that i-watch is starting to look pretty good if that is the best fitbit can do.

Best Answer

Count me in. Have only had my Blaze for 5 weeks. Battery life went from four days to two. Sent Fitbit an email. Waiting on a response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They’ll send you a new one.. well.. a refurb. Then as many refurbs as needed up to a year. Then you’re out.
Best Answer
It seems to me from reading all the complaints about the Blaze that Fitbit should step up and replace them with a newer model. It is obvious that the Blaze has issues, and that is why it has been discontinued and replaced with two newer trackers. To only offer a discount to buy a new one, and exclude certain models, is just ridiculous. Terrible customer service.

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action induced by or in reliance on information contained in this message. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those of the individual sender and not of the Collier County Sheriff's Office. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Collier County Sheriff's Office by emailing helpdesk@colliersheriff.org quoting the sender and delete the message and any attached documents. The Collier County Sheriff's Office accepts no liability or responsibility for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the colliersheriff domain.
Best Answer

I'm not sure what the charging cycle count is. But yes there is a limit to how many times a lithium battery may be charged . 

Having received my Blaze in January of 2016. 820 + days ago I've done roughly 200 charges. My battery still lasts 5 days but I tend to charge it at the 4-4,5 

There is some general info that may be found on lithium batteries on life hacker and the battery universe

There are a few things everyone agrees on the capacity of the battery diminishes over time with the charge cycle count. 

The deeper the discharge .the faster the degration. If the user continually let's the battery go close to a complete discharge then yes the battery may be near the limit of its life span. 

Is this planned obsolescence are the fact that the small battery cannot take the abuse as well as a bigger one would?

Screenshot_20180601-122212_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started with a one, went to another they had replace 2 times had a surge that they had to replace 3 time now my blaze I've had for less than 2 years is not lasting 2 days. My last Fitbit. time for a Apple Watch will miss my data stored and history but spending. 200 plus Dolores every year and a half not worth it anymore sad I like my fit bit just don't last or are built well bad job Fitbit 

Best Answer

I know the feeling. I was given 25% off on my next fit bit purchase as well. But my question, why would I keep "investing" money on a device that is not manufactured to last more than 2 years. Of course I love my blaze but not fool enough to keep spending money like that. I guess I will treat myself with a nice purse!

Best Answer
Thîs is my last Fitbit after 6

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I am definitely done.. No more fitbit for me either

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I love the way fitbit calls this now ‘solved’ it is not solved.  This problem is very much unsolved and I smell a rat in the messages that say a person has ‘been made whole’ but no details as to why and how. Thousands of us are not ‘whole’ and have been taken for an expensive ride. If you have received anything other than a 25% discount from Fitbit let us know here with details please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @ringnalda this is a community of Fitbit users, it was the original poster that marked it solved. 

To figure out why, you will need to read the original post and then the post they marked as solved. My guess the key is in the phrase "i would contact support" . What did support say when you contacted them?

I like when people post in a solved thread, then complain that it was not solved .

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was a very funny response. I like it when people come on here and try to negate what is actually happening.

Ditch the Bit now going on 10 months. Wish I would have done it earlier. Get the iWatch Gen3. Love it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelaMa wrote:

@clbandy@Aprilmay1@TheJoker486 and @Jennaay71 welcome to the Fitbit Community! The battery of your Blaze can last up to 5 days, this depends on your interaction with the tracker. Here you can find some tips to maximize the battery life of your Blaze. If you already tried all the tips and your battery is not lasting as expected I would recommend to contact customer support so they can review your traker's back-end information and provide you a personalized troubleshooting experience. 

Let me know how it goes! 🙂 

THIS WAS THE POST THAT WAS ACCEPTED AS THE SOLUTION!

Let me tell you how it went:  Hey welcome to fitbit, I am here to help you.  How old is your Blaze?  Less than 12 months?  OK we can send you a refurbished unit that may or may not last until your 12 month guarantee period is up.  The refurb unit does not carry a 12 month guarantee, it only has to last until your 12 months are up.   More than 12 months? Oh sorry we can't help you but we will give you a 25% discount on a new product.

Best Answer

Actually @ringnalda that is not completely correct. As with most warranties with most companies, the replacement has a limited minimum warranty. 

Any replacement Product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days. 

A clause like this is typical for most companies that make any type of product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am ther original poster and fitbit marked iy reaolved not me.

Best Answer
Replacing a fitbit is not resolution.  Giving a reburbised device to replaced  a brand new one us not a resolution. Offering a 25% discount is not a resolution If that is all you offer then we have no choice but to accept. Fitbit you had loyal customers and our loyalty is not and was not appreciated. Instead the so called resolver spend most of their time on this feed trying  to discredit the customers and their experience.

Best Answer

Most people have not mentioned receiving a refurbished device. Note by law it would be clearly stamped on the unit, not just the box where it would also be noted .

Personally I find in some cases a refurbished unit better to buy. It has a reduced price and I know the electronic hardware, if it fails will do so within two weeks,and has been burned in for at least this period .

Best Answer