Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not lighting up when notification received

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze does vibrate when I get a notification but it doesn't light up.  Shouldn't it do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@stepinout @Ggiovanni @dinaree @Jamaicangirl81 The Blaze does not light up when you receive a message, this is by design.

You can view the message by either pressing a button or by using Quick View feature like @Rich_Laue suggested.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

QuickView and notifications working together might be a little tricky to figure out. It's a combination of factors that will give place to notifications showing on the display... let me explain further:

For QuickView to work, you don't only need to turn your wrist. If your hand is parallel to your body, it will not light up if you turn your arm. You have to actually raise your arm to have it in an horizontal position and this should activate the display. In the case your arm is already in an horizontal position, a good wrist twist will activate it.

Now, if we add an incoming call or a text message to the equation, if your arm is still, your Blaze will only vibrate and you will need to push a button on the tracker to activate the display and show the notification but also if you have your arm parallel to your body and you feel your Blaze vibrating, you will need to raise your arm and bring it to an horizontal position for the display to activate and show the notification without pushing any button and the same thing if your arm is already horizontal and you receive a call or a text message, you will need to give your wrist a turn to activate the display and the notification will show up.

Hope I explained myself about how notifications and QuickView work together. If you have any more question, let us know and we'll be glad to help! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

It should I dont know whats wrong with. Have you tried checking though settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine doesn't light up until i raise my arm which activates quick view.
Best Answer

i dont think it will light up unless u have quick view on.. Otherwise, you have to press the button to see the notifications

Best Answer
It has been stated on this site, that quick view needs to be on for you to be able to read notifacations.
Best Answer

I've had my Blaze now for a few days and for the most part, I love it! I've noticed, however, that sometimes when I receive a text/call notification, the screen automatically lights up and I can see the text or call. Other times, it just vibrates and I have to wake up the device to see the text or call.

Is this normal? Or should the screen always light up with notifications?

Best Answer

@dinareeI've moved your post to the main thread on this subject.  I seems to be that when receiving a notofacation the Blaze lights up when the arm is raised. 

See the conversation abpve. 

Best Answer

I saw that post and did try turning on Quickview. I got a text and screen lit up without my having to move my arm. Then another a text and a call came in, screen didn't light up, but can't remember if I moved my arm. 

I'll keep tinkering with it. Still love this device!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stepinout @Ggiovanni @dinaree @Jamaicangirl81 The Blaze does not light up when you receive a message, this is by design.

You can view the message by either pressing a button or by using Quick View feature like @Rich_Laue suggested.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Well that certainly clears things up. I just assumed it should light up, as it appears others did as well. Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
any ideas what the thinking was behind that design feature?
I would much prefer it to light up for notifications, particularly calls.
Best Answer

It doesnt light up for alarms either 

Best Answer
Mine doesn't light up for alarm either. I found a discrepancy in the manual too. In one place it states that screen flashes and vibrates with alarm, but in another place, it says it just vibrates. I'm not sure which is accurate.
Best Answer

I however do have the quick view gesture on and it still does not light up when I raise my wrist

Best Answer

@Fav150 i tonk the idea behind this is that the watch does not need to light up for every notifacation or alarm. As mentioned above, as soon as the arm is raised up the display turns on and the message can be read.

Maybe they feel there is no need to turn the display on,  if the user does not want to read it. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue I take your point re messages but for calls, in my opinion, it should light up as its either an accept or reject senario and for a call you shouldn't have to be flicking your wrist (which doesn't always work) or start tapping the screen etc. The charge lights up with caller id without having to utilise the quick view feature afterall. 

Best Answer
Agreed!!
Best Answer

@Fav150 i wasn't  saying what should or shouldn't be,  you had asked for thoughts as to why it might be,  and those where my thoughts.  These forums are mainly about users helping users. If an opinion from Fitbit is wanted then it is easy to pull a moderator into the thread. 

Best Answer

I do have the quick view gesture on and it still does not light up when I raise my wrist

Best Answer

There has been a feature request for this all ready raised.

@Nancy625 Is the quick not working at all for you? Mine works the majority of the time but still enough for it to be annoying/irritating when it doesn't work.

Best Answer