Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will no longer sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been through the help tutorital repeatedly, shut down the tracker, restarted bluetooth, deleted and reinstalled the app, and my Blaze will still not sync to my phone.

The issue began a few days ago when my Blaze battery died, and I placed in on the charger, then attempted to sync to reset the time. At this point, the Blaze will not even operate as a watch since I can not reset the time.

Is Blaze no longer supported by the app? No matter how many times I restart the app/bluetooth/disconnect and reconnect, my Fitbit App will not connect to my Blaze tracker.

Please help.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
132 REPLIES 132
Me too, it's big and awkward and I had problems fromthe very beginning
Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit thank you for the suggestion. I have not done that yet but will try it this weekend and will let you know. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, phone not syncing with device. Went through the whole procedure of syncing, unpairing, pairing, Bluetooth off then on again, reset the device _ both phone and watch. Just having no luck.

Likewise....not very happy with the device or the support. Unfortunately it seems that Fitbit is more of a fashion statement as opposed to a device used to track active activities. I missed out on a run tracking my activity but at least ran with a friend so could get my detail pulled through STRAVA.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Apparently I heard that Blaze has been discontinued. So something I initially paid a lot of money for and hoped would be an investment has now become obsolete and no longer support sufficiently or we wouldn't be experiencing these problems.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Good to see you all in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

@Vawarner918, once again, I'm asking... which LG phone model specifically is the one that you're using? Have you made sure it's a compatible device? Please, let me know this information so that I can provide more help. I will also ask for the same from you @wastingmytime.

@Tommy1973 @Lulu_LTD, I'd ask the same. Which phone model specifically are you using? Have you made sure that it's a compatible device?

I'll be looking forward for your replies!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been using my Blaze for almost two years with my Samsung 7 Edge. Never
had problems till now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

LG K30
Model # LMX410UM

Same with me, it has worked with a couple of different phones..then about 2
weeks after my warranty expired, it stopped syncing and it's never worked
right since.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back guys!

@Lulu_LTD, I can then suggest removing your Blaze from the connected Bluetooth devices on your phone. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set up your tracker as a new device. 

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

@Vawarner918 in your situation, this has to do then with the compatibility most likely.When it comes to devices compatibility if your phone is not on the list of compatible devices, you might be able to sync with it but we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimum as we are still testing on these phone models and due to the large number of Android and Windows devices, our team has not yet tested all of them.

Thanks for the comprehension. Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently purchased a magnetic band for my Blaze. I no longer get text notifications and only sometimes the odd phone call notification. I've noticed my heart rate reads lower as well. Will switch back to the plastic one for a few days and see if it helps. On top of no support, it appears the magnet is messing with this device as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had a magnetic wristband for a while that hasn't seemed to bother the blaze. The lack of syncing with my computer is irritatingSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ferdinand,
We all have had the Blaze device for a long time and it has worked on/with our phones (they ARE on the compatible list) for this whole time with NO problems....Right up until Fitbit discontinued the Blaze. Now, there are all kinds of problems, mainly the bluetooth/sync issue. What does tech support have to say because it IS NOT an incompatible device issue?
Veronica
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree, it's a lack of technical support. If my Blaze was still under
warranty, this would not be an issue.

I don't think it's good business to have no support for such an expensive
product.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 8plus that was compatible when I bought this $200 Blaze last year. Now it is not according to your list of compatible devices. I have tried all the suggested fixes but haven’t contacted support yet. It seems there is no need if my phone isn’t compatible. I am very disappointed that this expensive tracker has suddenly stopped working properly. I had no idea, obviously, that my phone would need an upgrade after a year to support the Blaze. Too bad, I really liked it when it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

@KorileeBlaze, I've heard no reports of other users having issues when wearing their trackers near magnets (except for MRI machines where we recommend users not to use their trackers near these due to the strong magnets) but there could be a chance that the magnet on the band you got is messing up with your tracker. As you said, try to use a different band and see if there's a difference.

@wastingmytime, does your computer have Windows 10 and a built in Bluetooth or do you sync your trakcer by using a dongle?

@vgasmen, this has nothing to do with the Blaze being discountinued. I can assure you that for users that are having problems, these are more due to the age of the trackers.

@Vawarner918, as mentioned before, this has to do with the compatibility. Even if the tracker was still under warranty and was replaced the problem would still persist.

@Bonnieblueeyes, the iPhone 8 is a compatible device. Did you try my suggestion of removing your tracker from the Connected Bluetooth devices and to set up the tracker again as a new device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Samsung Galaxy is a compatible device and my Blaze won't sync with that
either
Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that all of us, having the exact same issue, are somehow doing something wrong.

All of us, essentially, had been using our Blaze. It was working fine. It was syncing fine. Then, one day, it decided to stop syncing. We have all tried reconnecting, rebooting, reinstalling. All of us found our Blaze no longer sync'd correctly and we were losing tracking data. You mentioned it was a compatibility issue - then my question is why would it work for *years* and then suddenly not work unless Fitbit turned off functionality with certain devices?

You mentioned it is the age of the tracker. If it is the "age" of the tracker, I hear you saying that your products have a 2-year or less lifespan, because I bought mine less than two years ago and many people bought them just recently. I paid $249 for my Blaze. If this is a age issue, are you making the claim that we should be prepared to pay $125/year for Fitbit tracking devices? Your devices are not expected last more than a year or two at the most?

It's rather condescending of Fitbit support to continue pushing the problem to the user community and somehow blaming us for doing something wrong, unable to follow instructions, or are somehow being unreasonable to expect a company that is a market leader in fitness trackers to support a product we bought in good faith for a substantive amount of money. The sheer number of people having the same issue should be an indicator this is not a user error but rather something wrong with the tracker.

These sorts of responses from support are, frankly, infuriating and not in the least bit helpful. Moderators have repeated themselves throughout the thread - I assure you I'm capable of reading your offered solutions and trying to solve the problem. I assure you most people on this thread are equally capable. Again, with this many people having the same problem, it's a Fitbit issue not an incompetent end user problem. 

Here is my suggested solution: Admit the Blaze is either no longer supported or a device that is of poor quality and offer us all a $50-100 discount towards a newer tracker.

I'm afraid, at this point, that's the only acceptable solution to keep my business (speaking only for myself on this last point).

Best Answer
The only thing I disagree with in this post is the discount. I don't think
I'm willing to chance another financial investment in Fitbit knowing that a
year or two down the line I could be in this position again.

Maybe a mass exit to another company like Garmin will convince Fitbit to
offer support for its products even if they are 1 year old. Spending over
$200 on a device that doesn't last over a year is just unacceptable.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was trying to be generous... but I agree with you.
Best Answer
Ferdinand,
Your response to me says it is the age of the tracker. You can't possibly think thousands of people having the same issue at the same time bought their trackers at the same time? That's absurd. Your response to another says it is compatibility. We are telling you IT IS NOT a compatibility issue. The answer is plain as day. Fitbit discontinued the Blaze and within weeks, thousands of people could not sync. 
Best Answer
It works now. I deleted and then reinstalled the software
on the phone and BINGO:musical_notes:🤗
Best Answer
I've done that at least 10 times but it didnt work for me but good for you.
Best Answer
0 Votes