Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will no longer sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been through the help tutorital repeatedly, shut down the tracker, restarted bluetooth, deleted and reinstalled the app, and my Blaze will still not sync to my phone.

The issue began a few days ago when my Blaze battery died, and I placed in on the charger, then attempted to sync to reset the time. At this point, the Blaze will not even operate as a watch since I can not reset the time.

Is Blaze no longer supported by the app? No matter how many times I restart the app/bluetooth/disconnect and reconnect, my Fitbit App will not connect to my Blaze tracker.

Please help.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
132 REPLIES 132

I have been having a similar issue for several days also. Sometimes I can turn my Bluetooth off then back on and then my Blaze syncs with MFP. Sometimes that doesn’t work and I have to shut tracker off and back on and it will sync. Sometimes I have to sync manually. I have tried the tutorial several times but haven’t disconnected and reconnected yet. I see I am not the only one with issues and hope it will be resolved soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the App and disconnected Bluetooth as
well. Nothing works....and I lost 35,000 steps yesterday...I was on top ina
Work week challenge but I am now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That isn’t good🙁 I am not in any competitions but I do like to have my tracker working as it should. This is the first problem I have had and I can still manually sync so it isn’t as bad as yours. It’s maddening to go through the steps over and over hoping to get it back! I think it’s a problem with an update that has caused many people to lose their syncing capability. I hope they get us fixed soon! Good luck!

Has your Fitbit syncing problem been resolved yet?

Mine isn’t fixed! How about you?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
Thanks, no mine isn't fixed...I'm very frustrated with the whole thing
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done as suggested. I removed the Bluetooth devices, uninstalled the app and started over. Bluetooth classic was found and paired, but no sync is taking place. Two issues remain, my watch has not synced since Tuesday at 6 PM CET and as of Wednesday morning the time on my watch was mysteriously set back 2.5 hours.

@ ferinandfitbit , please contact me with more suggestions. I have written support a few times without a response.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry you are having the same issues ....mine would not sync all day
Wednesday, then it synced Thursday but did not include my steps from
Wednesday...now it will not sync at all....very frustrating

Valerie Warner
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there guys! Good to see you all in the Forums! 🙂

@StuartBu @jornkls I'm very happy to hear that it's all working for you now! 😄

@Vawarner918 @Bonnieblueeyes @iota1269, what phone specifically are you using for syncing your trackers? Have you made sure it's a compatible device that is in the list of compatible devices?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have an IPhone 6. It did work fine and synced all through the day. Now it will not. It will sync when I open the app and that is the only way. I have done al the recommended fixes and it still won’t auto sync. Not at all happy with Fitbit.

Best Answer
I have an LG and until a week ago it synced just fine. Now, it's very spotty
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm the EXCATE same issue, just started today. I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure this out. I've gone thru EVERY SINGAL HELP PAGE and what not and nothing! i've only had my blaze a few months so i'm fuming and frustrated as all hell!

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings ...
Best Answer

You can contact Fitbit and get help...mine is outof warranty by 2 weeks

Well said

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back guys!

@Bonnieblueeyes, if you'd like your tracker to sync even when you've not open the app, you might want to try to turn on All-Day Sync. For this, go to the Fitbit app, tap on your tracker icon, then scroll down and turn on All-Day sync feature and see if that helps!

@Vawarner918 thanks for the info. However, I'd like to know which LG phone you have specifically to know whether or not it's listed as a compatible device.

@captainpixie, which phone are you using specifically? Have you made sure it's listed as a compatible device?

Best Answer

It's an iPhone 6 plus. 

I've had ZERO problems with syncing at ALL since I got the Fitbit Blaze, yet all of a sudden the last few days it will no longer sync unless I got out into my garden. My Mother's blaze syncs fine with her new iPhone 6, I've tried my blaze on her phone, I cant even pair it. 

I have gone thru pages and pages of help tip's from this site so I can only conclude that it is a fault on the blaze's part. My Mother's is suffering from battery issue's, which Fitbit have agreed to replace, she's borrowing my flex 2 until she get's a replacement.

My Blaze is still under warranty so I'll get it sorted out when her's come back, I can use my flex till I receive a replacement for my mine or get mine repaired.

I'm disabled so I'm not exactly swimming in cash. I'm looking into maybe getting the versa at some point soon because I am actually pretty worried about this battery issue with the Blaze that seem's to a pretty well known fault. If I spend over £100 on something like a Fitbit I don't expect it to die a year or so later. But we'll see how it goes! 

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do have the all day sync turned on but thank you. I have had my Blaze for over a year and it was syncing all day just fine then stopped. I have gone through the troubleshooting list and it still won’t work like it did before. I will call support but haven’t done so yet. Again, thanks for your suggestion.

It was erased? I didn’t realize they would do that. I’m sure everyone is aware of other choices.

I hope support can help me get mine working as it should and I’m sorry you have issues too. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bravo!!!!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your product the Blaze does not work.  Does it have built in obsolescence.  It used to work. Now when I charged the Blaze it gets the time  wrong and will not sync.  It will run about half way through the process and stop.  It used to take a few days off then come back and work. Now it is not working, wont sync. Maybe I will see if it will sink. 

Your solution is to buy another one???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

@captainpixie, thanks for getting back! I'm sorry to hear all this. One last thing I'd like to know is if you've already tried to set up your tracker as a new device on your phone. If not, I'd first recommend removing your tracker from the connected Bluetooth devices. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set up your tracker as a new device.

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem. Let me know how it goes!

@Bonnieblueeyes Thanks for all the details! I'd like to know... when was the last time that you were able to get your Blaze to sync? Also, what exactly have you tried so far? If you're still having problems with this, let me know. I'll be happy to escalate your case to our Support Team.

@wastingmytime, I'm, sorry to hear that. I'd recommend giving your Blaze a quick restart. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot, then, proceed to set it up as a new device with the instructions I offered above.

If you guys need more help, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done this several times, I have not been able to sync my Blaze in over
a week.

I have given up on it and I am using another Fitness tracker. I am highly
disappointed with the lack of support for this very expensive device.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed. I am trying to decide whether to replace my device with another Blaze or another Fitbit. The support I'm getting does not incline me to lean towards Fitbit for a replacement device.Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  Tryed everything!  Wish I had never got the Blaze!  This is my second one, first one didn't charge.   I did love Fitbit till I got the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes