Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't display text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Blaze last night, and got everything up and going on it. The phone call notification works, calendar notification works, but it will NOT display any incoming text messages to my phone. It appears to be syncing but not my texts.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Galaxy S8+

Version Android 9

Fitbit version 3.2 removed and version 2.90 installed

I too ran into this issue of not being able to RX text notifications on my Blaze.  E-mail, calendar, call notification all work.  I rebooted everything, unpaired and re-paired, checked all setup parameters in Fitbit, checked all permissions in the Galaxy, tried 3'rd party SMS (Textra).  Several times and nothing worked to repair this trouble.  Ironically, text notifications used to work fine!!  It used to work with older Fitbit versions and now it doesn't.  So I went digging on the internet and found a website that has most of the Fitbit versions listed there and a slew of other apps. (Found out I'm not allowed to use the wesite name in this community. Just search Fitbit version 2.90.)  I know I took a chance loading an executable file that was not from the Android store.  But I went ahead with it anyways.  I removed Version 3.2 from my Galaxy and downloaded Version 2.95 the first time.  The Fitbit program ran fine but I still had the same trouble.  I removed the 2.95 version, downloaded the 2.90 version, installed it and made sure all the parameters and permissions were set up.  Low and behold,  IT NOW WORKS!!  I know that software developers need to substantiate their existence by continuously tweaking software.  But this time they they tweaked it so far they broke it.  I'm not ready to give up my Blaze just yet for a new watch even though Fitbit would love for me to buy one.  My Blaze still holds a charge, buttons work and screen looks good.  I hope Fitbit looks into this and provides a patch to fix this bug or I will stick to the older version of Software.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

Trying reinstalling the FitBit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

We'd need a little more information on things like the make and model of phone if you want anything more than a 'have you checked the right box' type of help here. With Android particularly, Fitbit apparently operates with a number of messaging apps so knowing what you're wanting to use with it is pretty important.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 7Plus, and have gone through everything I can think of to get the text messages to come through.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S8+.  It only tells me I have a message.  Will not review the message.

Best Answer

Hi there guys! Good to see you in the Forums!

I'd just like to jump in to share some tips to make sure you will be able to see the preview on your tracker. Your tracker works as an extention of your phone, this means that what you see on your phone is what you will see on your tracker.

Now, at least for iPhone phones, if you go into the settings, then to notifications and then go to Messages, you can scroll down to the bottom and here you will see the option to show previews of  the message you're receiving. Make sure this is turned on in order to see the preview on your Blaze as well. In the image below you will see how it should look like. I have it off as I don't really want to see the preview of the message but just to get notified but if you'd like to see the preview, make sure that option is enabled. It should look like this:

upload.png

Hope this helps, this will apply for all other messaging app. Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I sure could help, but not knowing what phone your refferring does limit my answer. See the hlpsite at http://help.fitbit.com/?q=notifacation 

Best Answer

I have tried all the help suggested to try and get text msg. on my fitbit blaze. I can someone give me suggestions? I have a galaxy note 5 phone. I can get instant msg. email, calendar but  no txt msg. the only thing I haven't done is change my phone to show a msg and not just a notification. I have to figure that one out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue now. Did u get it to work yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I still cannot view text messages. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I an getting this same issue. I used to get messages.nowbit only says I have a message. Galaxy s8+

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Edge 6 plus and can't get my text messages on my fit bit blaze please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I bought a brand new FitBit Blaze and I have an iPhone 6. I have checked every possible notification setting on my phone, FitBit and FitBit app. They are all turned on and should be working. I even compared the settings to my girlfriend's phone and they all match up and yet she is getting text messages from her phone and I am not. I have tried reinstalling the app, restarting my phone and everything. I even had my FitBit replaced since it was brand new and I'm still having the same issues. It must be a setting on my phone but I cannot figure out what it could be. Did anyone figure out what it could be?

PS - I'm pretty "techy" so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing when I mess with my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The main setting on the phone is found in the iOS notification center. Does Fitbit have permission. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I have yet to have anyone reply with a fix to this problem. I have given up
on the issue since I don't believe it can be fixed and fitbit does not have
an answer.
Best Answer

Well it's good to see fitbit cares about fixing this issue. I have a blaze and a google pixel xl, ALL other notifications work, just not the most important ones: TEXTS! 

Best Answer

Hello @dusty306 for help we will need to know which messaging App and possibly which version of android. 

Best Answer

Android version 9 on Google Pixel 2 XL.

Stock messages app on a Google Pixel 2 XL running Android 9

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey did u ever get help with this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I'm using a third party sms app until i get an answer. Maybe it's because Google and fitbit don't play nice... 

Best Answer