Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't stop vibrating?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On Friday, my Fitbit Blaze randomly started vibrating, without any obvious cause. It stopped vibrating after a few minutes, and then started again and kept going for a few hours until the battery finally died. Shutting off the unit did NOT fix the problem--even when I had shut it down, it continued to vibrate. This morning I charged it and before it reached full charge, it started vibrating again, and now it is still constantly vibrating on my desk.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and does anyone know a fix?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SpencerCz Welcome to our Community! This isn't a normal or expected behaviour at all. Please try restarting your tracker by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your tracker doesn't work normally, turn off your tracker manually by doing:
- Swipe right to left on the home screen to the Settings screen.
- Tap Settings and scroll down to Shutdown.
- Tap Shutdown and confirm.
- To turn your Blaze back on, press any button.
- Sync your tracker as soon as you turn it back on. If you don't, the time may be incorrect.

Try this 3 times in a row. Also if you have any alarms please deactivate them and sync your tracker. If this issue persist then please contact our Support Team for further assistance.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

@SpencerCz Welcome to our Community! This isn't a normal or expected behaviour at all. Please try restarting your tracker by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your tracker doesn't work normally, turn off your tracker manually by doing:
- Swipe right to left on the home screen to the Settings screen.
- Tap Settings and scroll down to Shutdown.
- Tap Shutdown and confirm.
- To turn your Blaze back on, press any button.
- Sync your tracker as soon as you turn it back on. If you don't, the time may be incorrect.

Try this 3 times in a row. Also if you have any alarms please deactivate them and sync your tracker. If this issue persist then please contact our Support Team for further assistance.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks 

Best Answer

@Akgemmillfit Thanks for joining us!  Glad to hear that the restart helped in your case. I would also like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where other members share their experiences and encourage each other to stay active.

Hope to see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit blaze won't stop vibrating I can't get anything on the screen tried holding the buttons but nothing is working it's just blank??

please help

Best Answer

@Laura6380 I just had the same problem with my Blaze and tried the what AlvaroFitbit said and it worked again. I also turned off all my alarm and re-synched the tracker back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I work in an extreme environment where I am constantly drenched in sweat. I have had no issues showering with my Blaze (promptly drying it under an industrial strength air dryer most of the times). So given that background, I went into the ocean with the Blaze on and then when I realized it, I took it off. By that time I had a red warning indicator of a dead battery on my screen which was fine because the battery had been almost dead to begin with. Once back in the car, I connected it to the charger and that is where my problem began: The Blaze charged up and when I started it it went into a never ending vibration until the battery was dead an hour later. Now I have had an unprovoked vibration episode in the past once as well, but because I was driving I couldn't do much about it. It had stopped by itself then about 15 minutes later.

This time, it has gone completely dead and as soon as I put it in the factory charger case, it starts to vibrate again. I just shut it down using the right button and the lower left button as advised, but now it won't start. I suspect it will start vibrating again once it has sufficient juice in the charger again. I have already purchased a new Blaze. Should I write the faulty Blaze off? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

I tried the suggestion and it is still vibrating so hard. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like FitBit does not have any answers for this and neither does the community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your Fitbit still under warranty? If it is, you can contact them via email or phone. Either way, Fitbit support is pretty bad. I used to have a Garmin tracker and when it failed after almost a year but still under warranty, I called Garmin phone support and it is exceptional. The call was answered quickly and over in less than 10 minutes. Garmin sent me an upgraded model for free and was shipped overnight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@arshah1 have you asked Fitbit yet?

As for the comunity of Fitbit users, unless one of the Fitbit users have experienced what your experiencing. Your right at best we can only take a guess.

My thoughts are if you contact fitbit, posting here is not asking fotbit, they will be sble to help.

My only suggestion would be to charge it with a good phone charger and try a reset. 

Have you, or are you able to do the shutdown found in the settinhs menu on the blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post a response. Yes, I have tried everything and had to write it off, eventually purchasing a new Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I did not have the warranty. It had expired well before the vibration started.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just hold all the buttons in & it will stop 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Just hold all the buttons in & it will stop 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've never had a problem with my Blaze, today walking home from work it started vibrating & wouldn't stop but this helped & it stopped vibrating. Why does it vibrate my batteries low is it to let you know it's low & needs charging???

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure mine done it when it wasn't low so can't say sorry

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Pushing the buttons will not work. And nothing on the screen so I cannot turn it off. 

I have tried pushing the buttons (right side top and bottom) several times and nothing comes on the screen. It just keep vibration until batter is dead. When I charged it several hours after it died it was really hot and vibration started again until battery was dead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Blaze started working again! No more vibrations or anything. Now my wife wears it as I had already bought a new one for myself!

Best Answer
0 Votes
U have 2 hold the buttons in until it stopped that's wat happened with mine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes